News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: (Star Fox)PAR codes wirking on bSNES, but don't work on real HW  (Read 114 times)

Billgonzo

• View Profile
(Star Fox)PAR codes wirking on bSNES, but don't work on real HW
« on: January 24, 2018, 04:36:39 pm »
So i recently got a hold of a Pro Action Replay MK2 for my SNES. I was really excited to make codes for games that arent compatible with the Game Genie so I started with Star Fox. I wanted to make a code that increases the max speed of your ship, so that it flies faster than default. After a long time, I managed to find several addresses in the RAM which affect ship speed: 7e007e 7e0369 7e034b 7e150d

If I change any of these addresses, it changes the speed of the ship; maxing out at about $80. When I create a PAR code in bSNES with any of these addresses, it works...but when I put the codes into my real PAR and SNES, the codes does not work. I used my real PAR to search for the address on the real cart to make sure that it was there, and they are there (they rest at a value of 3f).

Does anyone have any idea why this code would work in an emulator like bSNES, but not in real HW?

NERV Agent

• View Profile
Re: (Star Fox)PAR codes wirking on bSNES, but don\'t work on real HW
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 06:09:39 pm »
Do other codes not having to do with ship speed work? Like unlimited lives, etc?

It's possible that the Super Nintendo (3.5 MHz) can't handle the same speeds that your multi-core gigahertz PC running bSNES can.

January 26, 2018, 07:44:30 pm - (Auto Merged - Do a barrel roll!)

I just remembered that there are different versions of Star Fox. There is the original, version 1.2, and possibly more.

Please mind the filtering on these ZSNES screenshots, but you can tell which version you have based on the color or the "Star Fox" logo on the title screen.

Original:

Version 1.2:

Is the version you are running on bSNES the same version you are running on real hardware?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 07:46:34 pm by NERV Agent »
Pen Pen is waifu of the year.