News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Naruto GNT4 Remix Beta V3 (Clash of Ninja Series on Gamecube)  (Read 488 times)

TheCape

• View Profile
Naruto GNT4 Remix Beta V3 (Clash of Ninja Series on Gamecube)
« on: January 13, 2018, 07:10:41 pm »
Whats up, ninjas? It's GNT4 Remix build update time. Introducing Beta V3! For the first time, chakra consumption has been edited! In addition, some first steps have been taken in making 3v3 more playable, but glitches do exist in the mode. Any help in identifying when/how the glitches occur would be appreciated.
A detailed changelist is forthcoming. Keep your eyes peeled!
Download and unzip the patch file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m7EfCTeHO2kQxmKkAtY6vNvQi_RYss7Z
Apply the patch using this program (APPLY TO ORIGINAL GNT4 ISO, NOT THE PREVIOUS GNT4 REMIX BUILD): https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/ If you're having issues, message me and I'll help.

Have fun!

Starting Monday, we will begin examining a few characters at a time in detail to make them as complete as possible. The first batch of characters is Team 7, so that's Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi. If you frequently play any of these characters and think you'd be suited for the discussion, hop on the Discord and talk to Daveeb.

Link to join the Discord:
https://discord.gg/tg9Xqwx

January 13, 2018, 07:11:43 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
We are working on getting together a plain words changelist as well as knowledge of some of the issues that are known. This has most of the information translated already which is good, as well as attempts to bring more characters up to a more complete function.

I hope you all enjoy this!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 01:44:46 am by TheCape »

Pizzano

• View Profile
Re: Naruto GNT4 Remix Beta V3 (Clash of Ninja Series on Gamecube)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 04:50:09 pm »
Wow... I can't believe someone is working on modding one of my favorite obscure video games!

What are the goals/priorities of the mod? Balancing the roster? Translating the game into English? Adding more characters? Adding more levels? Editing costumes?

TheCape

• View Profile
Re: Naruto GNT4 Remix Beta V3 (Clash of Ninja Series on Gamecube)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 11:42:24 am »
The intent of this is to try to make more characters viable.

I personally hate the word "balance" as that leads to so many issues. The intent is more so to make every character "complete" and playable at least.

We also have a translation project which has been helping us out as well, and we are trying to get other game modes like Three Man Cell and 4P mode working ideally. Some custom stages and more costumes would also be ideal.

It would be best to join the Discord for more information and if you wish to DL and give opinions or help with coding.