News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Translations: Princess Minerva V1.00 for SNES released!  (Read 3986 times)

MathOnNapkins

• Forum Moderator
  • Who ya gonna call
    • View Profile
    • Arc-Nova - Rohmackin' and Chiptunin'
Re: Translations: Princess Minerva V1.00 for SNES released!
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2017, 07:33:07 am »
Thread has been cleaned up to the best of our abilities and has been reopened. We understand some users may have gripes about Dynamic Designs' past works. But this thread is about a new release, so please keep the discussion factual, polite, and on topic.

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2017, 08:39:49 am »
Does anyone else seem to be getting graphical glitches and text glitches with the SNES 9x emulator? Keeps saying i am fighting slime, but shows the sprite of a woman.
I'm going to assume you're being sincere and inform you that the enemies are all "monster girls". So you're fighting a slime-girl, but she's just called "slime". It's that way for all the enemies as far as I know and relates to the narrative.

SylarDean

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2017, 09:11:15 am »
Congrats on your release D-D.. what a fantastic game this is, funny, sexy and also unique, worth the time to play guys/gals.

Ishkabibble

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2017, 02:36:29 pm »
Thread has been cleaned up to the best of our abilities and has been reopened. We understand some users may have gripes about Dynamic Designs' past works. But this thread is about a new release, so please keep the discussion factual, polite, and on topic.

Good point.

So for anyone who has played this, is there any really bad made-up translations in this one?  Like personal translator rants masquerading as translations?

And if so, is it an isolated bit or does it take a good percentage of the in-game text?

As long as its a reasonable facsimile of the intended dialogue, I will be happy.  It seems like this one is more of a proper translation, so I'll probably check it out and look forward to further D-D translations of the same or even better quality.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:51:25 pm by Ishkabibble »

Sanedan56

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2018, 04:25:28 pm »
Good point.

So for anyone who has played this, is there any really bad made-up translations in this one?  Like personal translator rants masquerading as translations?

And if so, is it an isolated bit or does it take a good percentage of the in-game text?

As long as its a reasonable facsimile of the intended dialogue, I will be happy.  It seems like this one is more of a proper translation, so I'll probably check it out and look forward to further D-D translations of the same or even better quality.

I have been comparing the scripts of the original game and the translation and so far, the script is essentially close to
the original.

There are plenty of jokes and dialogue that was not in the original game spread throughout, but no rants.

Dynamic Designs did a good job with this translation, and I hope they release more translations of this quality.