News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Glory of Heracles GB Translated! (Again)  (Read 3079 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Glory of Heracles GB Translated! (Again)
« on: December 28, 2017, 09:53:28 pm »

Update By: Pennywise

Happy new years from aishsha and Pennywise. Today we've decided to release our translation of The Glory of Heracles - The Olympus Offensive - Snap Story for the Gameboy.

This project began over 5 years ago and is completely different from the already complete translation of the game. No offense to the other translation, but our translation is far superior and was begun at a time when it looked that other translation would never be finished. See readme for details.

Here's to more cool translations for the new year!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
Re: Translations: Glory of Heracles GB Translated! (Again)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 02:34:30 am »
Nice work guys!  :thumbsup:

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 02:37:45 am »
I really need to get into this series. The work you've done on this looks really impressive!

getter77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 07:53:52 am »
Good stuff---great feeling to see parts of a series getting squared away at last after all these year en route to a hopeful full sweep somewhere in the times to come.   :beer:

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 09:41:34 am »
Ironically, the game was 25 years old on the 27th of December. If I had known that a few days ago, I would have released it then, but oh well.

Incidentally, I might as well mention I've been on a GB hacking kick. I've two misc GB games and am working on one more. Depending on when all the graphics, translation etc comes together, they should be released soon.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 09:48:21 am by Pennywise »

aqualung

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 04:57:50 pm »
Ironically, the game was 25 years old on the 27th of December. If I had known that a few days ago, I would have released it then, but oh well.

Incidentally, I might as well mention I've been on a GB hacking kick. I've two misc GB games and am working on one more. Depending on when all the graphics, translation etc comes together, they should be released soon.

Thank you very much, Pennywise! I was planning on replaying this one. I've played every game in this saga except the first one on the nes and the last installment on DS.

More gameboy games? *o* Would it be unpolite to ask if they're rpgs?

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 05:13:45 pm »
Nah, not RPG's. Just small random games, which I'll post about when I update my personal projects thread.

RomanWarrior

• Pier Solar , Beggar Prince, Wukong ,Star Ody. MINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 09:15:48 pm »
Just in time !!! THE UNIVERSE ALIGNED WITH ME Ive BEEN Playing part 3. I beat part 2 in 2005 , thanks guys. Im playing this on my cell phone at work now

w1ck3d

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 07:37:04 am »
The original translation featured a bunch of made up lines and machine translation, correct? Good to see it get a proper translation.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2017, 08:20:22 am »
The original translation featured a bunch of made up lines and machine translation, correct? Good to see it get a proper translation.

I don't remember any of that. Probably more abbreviated if anything.

Hiryuu

• *BOOM*
    • View Profile
    • RPGClassics
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 01:46:44 am »
(Hacker of the original translation here)

I knew this day would come!  I have to admit this is a little bittersweet for me, but my project was mostly a labor of love, and to prove to myself that I could finish something I had started long, long ago.  That said, I know my technical prowess was very lacking for such a project, and I struggled greatly fit the script I was provided with into the limited space I had available in the ROM. Any kind of script-expansion was far beyond my capabilities, as was formatting everything properly into the little windows the game provided, so I tried to do the best I could, considering my limitations (I was so novice, if I remember correctly, I added the script manually, word-by-word, using only Thingy and a .tbl file).  So no made up lines or machine translation that I'm aware of, I just lacked the hacking ability to give this game the translation it deserves.

Anyway, awesome job as always, Pennywise. I remember you telling me you were working on this game years ago, so I've been eager to see how it all turned out. I'm glad I wasn't disappointed! 8)

cccmar

• View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 03:10:59 pm »
(Hacker of the original translation here)

I knew this day would come!  I have to admit this is a little bittersweet for me, but my project was mostly a labor of love, and to prove to myself that I could finish something I had started long, long ago.  That said, I know my technical prowess was very lacking for such a project, and I struggled greatly fit the script I was provided with into the limited space I had available in the ROM. Any kind of script-expansion was far beyond my capabilities, as was formatting everything properly into the little windows the game provided, so I tried to do the best I could, considering my limitations (I was so novice, if I remember correctly, I added the script manually, word-by-word, using only Thingy and a .tbl file).  So no made up lines or machine translation that I'm aware of, I just lacked the hacking ability to give this game the translation it deserves.

Anyway, awesome job as always, Pennywise. I remember you telling me you were working on this game years ago, so I've been eager to see how it all turned out. I'm glad I wasn't disappointed! 8)

Thanks for doing this, still! I enjoyed your patch earlier, even if there may have been some issues with it. What matters is that the whole series is done at this point, and that it got the treatment it deserves. Everyone can judge these games on his own thanks to all your hard work, which is definitely good in my book. :thumbsup: