News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Translations: Princess Minerva V1.00 for SNES released!  (Read 5246 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Princess Minerva V1.00 for SNES released!
« on: December 24, 2017, 05:53:53 am »

Update By: taskforce

Merry Christmas everyone! We here at D-D always try our best to give you a holiday ROM goodie, and this year we even made our Christmas release window! Santa says he hopes you like this little gem just in time for Christmas 2017!

Princess Minerva is a really interesting game. You control a squad of nine female warriors trying to stop a another group of female warriors from turning every young girl in the kingdom into a monster girl. Your party is divided into three sub parties which all fight battles at random. All Nine girls must be used in battle and you can't control which team gets put into battle except in boss fights. It is a pretty fun and quite silly little turn based RPG that we hope you enjoy.

We highly recommend that you read the readme file as it will inform you about a few bugs to expect to encounter from the original Japanese rom and other things to expect during gameplay.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
Re: Translations: Princess Minerva V1.00 for SNES released!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 09:37:01 am »
Unlike several English translation patches that will hopefully be arriving before too long, this is a Dynamic Designs release I had (nearly) nothing to do with. However, I love the anime aesthetic, and comedic tone of this seemingly madcap RPG. I have fond memories of the admittedly middle-of-the-road OVA that I saw back in the 90s, and getting to see this game translated into English decades later warms my jaded heart this cold holiday weekend. Congrats on the release! :beer:

Griever_GF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 09:59:07 am »
The more classic obscure JRPG translations the better! :thumbsup:
It's a pity this is SNES version, not PC-Engine CD one, which seems to have much more explicit scenes ;D

cccmar

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 10:04:06 am »
The more classic obscure JRPG translations the better! :thumbsup:
It's a pity this is SNES version, not PC-Engine CD one, which seems to have much more explicit scenes ;D

Well, PCE-CD isn't a very popular target for fan-translators all things considered... my guess is that the scenes with VA would be a pain to work on. As far as I recall, this particular game isn't that much different from the PCE-CD port, though. :)

Teeporage777

• rom hacker of mario games
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 10:31:44 am »
 Very interesting. I think i will give this a try.
"..But it doesn't matter. Nothing matters anymore.."

taskforce

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 11:25:52 am »
Sorry guys, we are aware of the beginning intro issue, unfortunately that seems to have broken during last minute bug fixing and I didn't notice it before release.  We'll get it fixed and get a corrected patch released as soon as we can.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 03:55:12 pm »
D-D are basically the Working Designs of the fan translation community. There's nothing wrong with that, but to each his own.

WildBill's alright, he's a nice guy and very supportive of others creative efforts. I suppose if I had a complaint/criticism about his scripts it's that he generally tends to insert references, lingo etc to stuff that isn't part of the game's universe and winds up breaking the 4th wall, unnecessarily in my opinion. I've done the same stuff, but I like to sneak everything in, while his stuff tends to smack you right in the face.

Still gotta give him and the rest of the D-D crew credit for sticking with the hobby and releasing yet another translation. I'm sure most won't care about Wildbill's script and will enjoy.

Lastly, if Wildbill's script bothers you that much to toot your own horn, you should do your own translation and hack of the game instead of whining about it.

Moderator Note: This post was left in as it provides context that some users were quite critical of the past record of Dynmaic Designs' localization work being too politically charged. Certain posts prior to this were removed as they were off topic to the game at hand, Princess Minerva
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 06:59:36 am by MathOnNapkins »

mz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 03:59:39 pm »
I haven't played it much yet, but it looks great so far.

Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work! :D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 09:19:32 am by mz »
There has to be a better life.

taskforce

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2017, 04:07:04 pm »
V1.01 can be found on D-D now that fixes the intro and hopefully soon on Romhacking.net.

BTW:  I should probably throw this out there.  You don't have to worry about us breaking the fourth wall on Princess Minerva, this Japanese game did it quite regularly without our help.  The girls talk to you the player on a few occasions as well as making comments about the game designers.  We did not add these things, they're in the Japanese game.

aqualung

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2017, 04:32:57 pm »
thank you very much for this translation. I've just started with Minerva and it looks neat.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 06:52:09 am by MathOnNapkins »

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2017, 05:18:37 pm »
This game looks great, thanks for taking the time to translate it.  :beer:

oracylum

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2017, 05:53:17 pm »
Thanks for the translation! I appreciate the hard work you guys do year after year releasing these patches.

FCandChill

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2017, 11:57:34 pm »
Great job! The translation is really good. Keep up the good work.

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2017, 11:26:27 am »
Apart the drama about politics (I'm a left-wing supporter and I don't ever mind about this stuff), is SO GREAT to see a translation for another JRPG from the SF.  And I hope the PCE-CD version could be worked in a future  :happy:

Thanks again to Dynamic-Designs team, your work is GOD'S WORK indeed  :beer:

Merry Christmas!!!

ZeroZeta

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2017, 12:12:09 pm »
What a Christmas present! Thank you so much for the hard work!  :woot!:

I played this game when I was little and couldn't understand Japanese, so I couldn't beat the game.   :-[

It's wonderful to see an English translation patch 20+ years later. Funny thing is I actually just completed this game in Japanese by blindly following a walkthrough the day you guys released this patch! Now I'm going to replay this game properly in English :D

Thank you so much and Merry Christmas!

p.s. I really love how you inserted your own dialogue at the beginning :) It was so seamless!

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2017, 02:29:01 pm »
This translation is a pretty great job!  Also, happy holidays everyone!

As for the CD version's content, one could in theory fandangle that into SNES with an MSU1 patch.  Good luck with that is all I'll say.

Bongo`

• Hatred is an illness...I feel your pain.
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2017, 11:05:10 pm »
What. The. Fuck... I take time away from my wife and kids to work on a HOBBY. I really hate politics, man. I deleted my fb page because of it. A few friends lost because of it. It's a very sensitive topic in this current time. I almost wanna say screw it and quit. This was all therapeutic, now, not so much.

Enjoy the game or keep it moving. Being a minority not of this country ( black ), I wish politics in a fan translated RPG was the worse of my worries. You all don't know how well you have it.  :banghead:
R.I.P Rose Mary C. 11/20/1937 - 2/11/2007
Dynamic-Designs Over 30 years of video game experience!
Completed: Doraemon RPG, Fuzzical Fighter, Gulliver Boy, Just Breed, FEDA, Mystic Ark, Slayers ( Co-op ), Lennus-II
Current: Aretha-2 and many more...

SargeSmash

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2017, 11:46:22 pm »
I haven't posted in some time, but I just wanted to say thank you very much for all your hard work on this translation.  It doesn't sound like there's anything crazy political here, so everyone should just sit back and enjoy a new Super Famicom RPG!

And Merry Christmas, everyone!
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?  -- Mark 8:36

PersianImm0rtal

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2017, 03:42:44 am »
Does anyone else seem to be getting graphical glitches and text glitches with the SNES 9x emulator? Keeps saying i am fighting slime, but shows the sprite of a woman.

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2017, 04:14:35 am »
Good job guys! Nice work.  :thumbsup: :beer: