News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [Released] Zelda II - Nightmare of Ganon (Updated - V 1.5) (Retro Achievements)  (Read 5170 times)

KirkyMonster

• View Profile
Re: [Released] Zelda II - Nightmare of Gannon
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 01:09:07 am »
Would you have any interest in me doing some custom graphics? I have wanted to do a Zelda 2 project but didn't know the game well enough to make my own levels or own game but would really like to do something in the style of the Nintendo Power comic.

hollowshadow

• View Profile
Re: [Released] Zelda II - Nightmare of Gannon
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 01:46:15 am »
Would you have any interest in me doing some custom graphics? I have wanted to do a Zelda 2 project but didn't know the game well enough to make my own levels or own game but would really like to do something in the style of the Nintendo Power comic.

I'm not sure yet I really like the graphics of Zelda II overall so I would probably not change them any further. I did change the title screen, ending scene & some other small things but if you want to send me a sample of your Zelda II graphic changes go ahead.

Updated to Version 1.3

In version 1.2 I edited the overworld but when doing that I messed up how the palaces turn to stone & the map was shifting. I forgot to redo palace rock locations but now it's been fixed. Palaces are turning to stone normally now.

Everyone should get the newest version because 1.2 was messed up:
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3857/
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 12:56:05 am by hollowshadow »

ultimaweapon

• View Profile
Re: [Released] Zelda II - Nightmare of Ganon (Updated - Version 1.3)
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2018, 10:19:31 pm »
Hollowshadow

Once I entered a town, and I went into a door, I kept getting dropped through the street til it eventually exited me out the town. Is that intentional?
Trust in the Heart of the Cards

hollowshadow

• View Profile
Re: [Released] Zelda II - Nightmare of Ganon (Updated - Version 1.3)
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2018, 10:49:20 pm »
Hollowshadow

Once I entered a town, and I went into a door, I kept getting dropped through the street til it eventually exited me out the town. Is that intentional?

I know now what's going on, I didn't experience this while testing but I just figured it out. I went into every town and tried every door and they all seemed ok unless the door was on the edge of one of the 4 exit zones. Each sideview is broken into 4 parts which give a location where you get teleported to when entering a door. So entering the door from the very edge would warp you to somewhere unwanted.

I'll fix it and reupload the romhack so it doesnt matter where you enter the door from. Until then you'll need to enter the door from the center.

Updated to Version 1.4

Thanks to ultimaweapon for pointing out that a door in town dropped him to the street instead of in the house. I had no idea a door can take you to 2 different places depending on what side of the door you enter from. That problem has been fixed and the doors will take you into the proper house now.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:35:18 am by hollowshadow »

Lijj

• View Profile
Re: [Released] Zelda II - Nightmare of Ganon (Updated - Version 1.4)
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2018, 02:09:35 am »
Awesome hack so far, I wondered what the heck happened when I warped. Going to update to v7 after work.

I think I'm lost though. I've scoured the overworld 3 times over by this point trying to find the 2nd palace.  :banghead:

hollowshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2018, 02:15:43 pm »
Awesome hack so far, I wondered what the heck happened when I warped. Going to update to v7 after work.

I think I'm lost though. I've scoured the overworld 3 times over by this point trying to find the 2nd palace.  :banghead:

You can talk with the NPCs in town they will always give hints on where to go next or what you need to do. Also there's a world map on the first post if that helps more, it's at the bottom under spoiler.

Updated to Version 1.5

-Some caves were not dark when you didn't have the Candle. All caves have been fixed to be in darkness when you have no Candle.
  -Fixed glitch in random battles in Valley of Death that was causing game freeze.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:03:03 am by hollowshadow »

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2018, 01:47:32 pm »
Hello.

I tried your hack and it seems much harder than the original game, which is not a problem, I like challenges and I have beaten the original game a lot of times over the last twenty years.

So, I just wanted to thank you with this message. I'll definitively try to beat your hack as I love Zelda II (more than the first one, even if I also like a lot the first game).

hollowshadow

• View Profile
Good news everyone Zelda II - The Nightmare of Ganon has been added to RetroAchievements.org with 45 achievements I made.

If you are going to play this romhack head over to retroachievements.org turn on Hardcore mode & see how many achievements you can get.

Play with Retro Achievements:
http://retroachievements.org/Game/11689

It took me a couple of days but I just finished a Hardcore Mode full run of the game and everything worked as intended all the achievements popped up at the right time & none popped up at wrong time.

Also I had no issues with the romhack I can say now it's been thoroughly tested and it's working great.

This game is really difficult & I had Game Over alot on my way through on Hardcore Mode, but as an average Zelda II player If I'm able to complete the game without savestates you can't say this is a "savestate hack" & too difficult. Keep at it, hang in there, tough it out, don't get frustrated, don't give up & eventually you will get better.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:02:42 am by hollowshadow »