News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Super Soukoban patching question  (Read 811 times)

SysopGrace

• View Profile
Super Soukoban patching question
« on: December 20, 2017, 06:03:29 pm »
There is a translation patch for Super Soukoban located here: https://www.romhacking.net/translations/3313/

Is there anyone who has successfully gotten this patch to work?

Can you please provide me with any further details? I was using a rom with crc32 a9f78e92 and then added a header, which changed the crc32 to 345f9e25 but it fails to patch in "beat" patcher as well as MultiPatch. MultiPatch complains that the rom is too small to be patched even with the header.

Sappharad

• View Profile
    • Sappharad.com
Re: Super Soukoban patching question
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 12:04:22 pm »
1 year later...

Hello.
I can't speak to why this didn't work for you in the previous version (I did not test it) but MultiPatch 1.7 (released today) is able to apply this patch correctly. I applied the patch and confirmed that it was correct. The previous version of MultiPatch was based on the same BPS patching code that beat used, which may explain why they both behaved the same. The new version switched to a different patching library for BPS and IPS (Alcaro's Floating IPS) which is considered the best one.

As to why I replied to this:
1. Nobody did.
2. I was looking for threads to see if I missed any bug reports prior to releasing MultiPatch 1.7 because people don't always post them to the issues tab on GitHub.