News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Super Mario Kart Koopalings  (Read 2555 times)

thedarkbanshee

• View Profile
Super Mario Kart Koopalings
« on: December 07, 2017, 01:09:26 pm »
Mysef and thainferno305 are making a new Super MarioKart hack with the koopalings

Super MarioKart hack Koopalings (koopa kids) This is a WIP (Work In Progress) Received the koopalings from thainferno305. INFO: Contained koopas with wrong colors & colored Blocks around them. Removed colored blocks & made Ludwigs hair blue. As seen some times red which will be fixed. Top of hair is cut off this also in the works to be fixed. Plans: All new tracks (20) 4 new battle mode maps Driver stats altered to match the koopalings New AI New Rival settings (point system)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FrDQtHGSmY&feature=youtu.be

Dr. Floppy

• Restricted Access
  • Make America GREAT Again!
    • View Profile
    • BaddestHacks.net
Re: Super Mario Kart Koopalings
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 02:28:48 pm »
Who's going to occupy the 8th slot?

Rudy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 01:16:33 pm »
Who's going to occupy the 8th slot?
Bowser?

thedarkbanshee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 11:31:03 pm »
Yes Bowser King of the koopas

Dr. Floppy

• Restricted Access
  • Make America GREAT Again!
    • View Profile
    • BaddestHacks.net
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 05:02:40 pm »
Do you need jailbreaking of Luigi's lower sprites, e.g. made such that he doesn't share them with Mario?

thedarkbanshee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 01:11:56 am »
It seems there different so it must have been done already by inferno. If not I will let you know. Thanks much.

Shade Aurion

• Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 03:16:59 am »
You might want to use SNES9x for testing because a lot of people would likely be interested in a finished product and if it runs on SNES9x it will run on Hakchi and retroarch for SNES Minis and such and likely get more coverage. The video looked decent. Colors could use some fine tuning but i'll keep my critique to myself as this is undoubtedly early days for you guys and this project :3

thedarkbanshee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 12:52:45 pm »
indeed it is in it's early stages and the funky colors are what is being fixed pixel by pixel which is very time consuming. Finally finished Wendy last night so a video is in order soon. I have maps to go with this already I simply need to add those with epic edit. As for Snes9x I agree but I used Zsnes because I had to fix my computers operating system. I also have a UFO pro 8 which it works there as well and I can grab some footage of it as well for you in the near future.

December 19, 2017, 01:35:39 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Wendy video footage

https://youtu.be/cYY__CRJpig
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 01:35:39 pm by thedarkbanshee »

thainferno305

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 06:25:24 pm »
Glad we are making progress

thedarkbanshee

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2017, 03:15:32 am »
Do you need jailbreaking of Luigi's lower sprites, e.g. made such that he doesn't share them with Mario?

I thought the jailbreaking was the sprite not the colors. I found differently so Now that I understand I would gladly take your offer. Perhaps you can make a video as to how it is done so more people can have the ability to do these such things. Need the required files just E-mail me at overgrouth@hotmail.com let me know who you are and we can get this in the works.

BTW for an update here is a quick test of Wendy in her alternate modern style of color. She is slightly brown instead of a true pink. I need to learn more about YY-CHR or get a different program to fully get this to work as planned.

https://youtu.be/jNhPAhd4hA4

For those who do not understand why  I added this I can show you right here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLJyh6A9ND0
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 03:23:15 am by thedarkbanshee »

Shade Aurion

• Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2017, 06:52:37 am »
Looking good dude! You might want to turn off filters in video recordings so people can see the unfiltered versions of your sprite work though. Looks to be coming along well in any event. You also might want to look at The Super Mario World cartoon, Super Mario Bros 3/World and the Koopalings from Mario Kart 8 to cross reference so you find what Koopaling designs and style suits you best :)

thedarkbanshee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 05:44:40 am »
Another update here. Sorry for no sound. working on bringing my PC back to par all the while spending time on this Rom Hack. Please bear with me. https://youtu.be/lSmDXKd4Aik

Anyway here are some maps in the works. These are not my maps but rather old incomplete maps I found around the internet and I got them working for the most part. I created Sylvain so even though the maps here are a bit buggy those of you have played Sylvain will understand that these maps AI will flourish in good time. Spent more time on Wendy with the color format I want to go with which is still not complete. Blue tires on occasion is being fixed and smaller variants of Wendy are being worked on.

Do not be shy with words of encouragement, be critical. Yes it is the early stages of this but I do not want users to hide an opinion of theirs just because they want to be nice. If I happen to make this and make it really good I need input of what you people think is good. If maps suck tell me or need changing I may change things. tell me what maps you do like so I can make more like them. I think maps should be exciting and slightly more challenging over the original. If you do not understand this concept go download Super Mario Kart Sylvain tracks and you will see for yourself. This time I want to be a little more wiled about it but not to crazy. Many SMK hacks are way over the top hard or are absolutely broken yet listed as fully playable complete hack.

Shade Aurion

• Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2017, 09:55:02 am »
When editing video you might benefit from using avidemux to clip out the sections with OBS and exporting as a MP4v2 for the sake of quality and all ;) Its free and all. I use it for game play videos all the time as it exports with no loss to quality

thedarkbanshee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2017, 05:32:41 am »
When editing video you might benefit from using avidemux to clip out the sections with OBS and exporting as a MP4v2 for the sake of quality and all ;) Its free and all. I use it for game play videos all the time as it exports with no loss to quality

Thanks I will certainly take your words in account. If you look at my youtube channel you will se many edited videos but windows 7 is incompatible with the Corel program I used to use. I will definitely take a good look at Avidemux. If it is really good I will start making promotional videos that transition with explanations over a black screen or my own voice over explanations. Always good to look professional although I was kinda pleased to show the editor I was using for the Rom hack before getting in game to demonstrate it is me who is honestly putting the work and effort into this creation.

boot-error

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2017, 05:36:48 pm »
This looks promising. So many of these only change characters or only change courses. Your taking it down both roads.

Your videos should explain details. Some of what you have posted gets lost in context not knowing what all your showing off. I know there is a description but it feels a bit disconnected.