News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Super Robot Wars Gaiden: The Elemental Lords Translated  (Read 9291 times)

Isao Kronos

• Dogman
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: Super Robot Wars Gaiden: The Elemental Lords Translated
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2018, 09:53:33 pm »
What was the first one you played? Old SRWs aren't nearly as forgiving as the modern games.

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2018, 09:57:15 pm »
Another snes one, I think another GZ translation.  I mean, I love srpgs for the genesis, snes and psx, beaten every one there is.  But what is the deal with SRW: Elemental?  The 4th battle has the makings of a battle you are supposed to lose buuuuttt....I dunno.  Do I have to sit here and grind to like level 15??  I think I'll drop this one!

Cahos Rahne Veloza

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2018, 11:03:33 pm »
@travel27:

When you said "Battle" did you mean "Chapter", or as in actual combat "battle"?

If chapter, did you mean the fight with "Saphine"? In that scenario, you just need to get her HP below 50% and she'll eventually leave. Also unlike most of the SRW games that came after this one, this particular game has a flanking system a la XCOM in which you deal higher damage when you attack from the side and a lot more from behind so yeah positioning is key.

And in an absolute pinch there's this...

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/snes/575822-super-robot-taisen-gaiden-masou-kishin-the-lord-of-elemental/faqs/5042

VladimIr V Y

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2018, 05:17:29 am »
A friend of mine noticed a typo in the talking after the "Lord of Elemental" stage. 1.01 version. Not sure where to report it, so I post a screenshot here.

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2018, 10:28:49 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  By chapter I think I was supposed to say episode. Now I am having a tough time with, I think episode 18, which is called "In the name of Masou-kishin" in the gamefaq you supplied.  I am not nearly powerful enough to win in 10 rounds AND beat those 3 robots at the same time.

EDIT: I just passed episode 18, 'In the name of the elemental lord" and wow was that really hard. Barely did it, but won it on my very last turn.  The hardest part is just making sure you do not kill 1 of the 3 robots that you are supposed to kill all at once. Soooo, now that I am on episode 19 (DUEL BEFORE THE THRONE), I assume I am under powered and that is why episode 18 was so hard, but what should I use my 37750 credit on?  Any idea on what might be useful to spend that on?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 11:46:55 pm by travel27 »

Zynk

• Submission Reviewer
  • WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2018, 12:02:16 am »
I assume I am under powered and that is why episode 18 was so hard, but what should I use my 37750 credit on?  Any idea on what might be useful to spend that on?  Thanks.
You should spend credits on Cybuster and his weapons before Part II. Because some Elementals get bonus upgrades as the story progresses. PROTIP: Maximize Akashic Buster up to version 2.

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2018, 01:09:12 am »
You should spend credits on Cybuster and his weapons before Part II. Because some Elementals get bonus upgrades as the story progresses. PROTIP: Maximize Akashic Buster up to version 2.

Perfect!  Thanks!  Should a new player focus on building only 4 or 5 robots or spread it out?  Are there specific robots one should focus on or does it not really matter?

Zynk

• Submission Reviewer
  • WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2018, 01:18:37 am »
Perfect!  Thanks!  Should a new player focus on building only 4 or 5 robots or spread it out?  Are there specific robots one should focus on or does it not really matter?
If you have favorites, like Presia or Cenia, focus on them; if not, focus on mains like ValsioneR, Zamzeed, Gaddess and Granveil. The latter is recommended for n00bs.

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2018, 01:22:34 am »
If you have favorites, like Presia or Cenia, focus on them; if not, focus on mains like ValsioneR, Zamzeed, Gaddess and Granveil. The latter is recommended for n00bs.
yes and I am a newbie as you can likely tell.

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2018, 09:46:49 pm »
Well I beat this game a few weeks ago. By the end I.... Actually kinda liked it.... As far as SRW I still have no clue about the name of this robot or that robot or or what they do well or whatever or what pilot is what. I have no clue about back stories or any Comics there could be in other words, total newbie. In the end, No problem with this game Imo behind the first few missions which wee brutal (not the 1st mission though) I ALSO beat Gundam 0079 twice which I guess is related? . .... But, and I post this here because I could not find a topic for srw3,  the last battle in super robot wars 3 is devastatingly difficult, very cruel and a test of endurance, one I have lost 10 times.  Now, my ignorance of names and pilots remain, maybe I focused on the wrong ones, sold the good ones without knowing, etc. But I just can't beat this final battle... Not the extra battle you get for under 420 turns, that is long gone, but the proper final battle.... Any tips at all on how to do this? I get stuck on the final guy who appears, I just don't have enough fire power at that point to take care of what should be an easy battle. My units are all around level 61 to 65 with a few in the high 60s, without seeing screen shots of actual specific stats what can I do to win this? Any little tricks I am missing? Where else can I go for srw3 info?

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2018, 02:36:39 pm »
SRW3 is brutal, easily one of the toughest games in the series. I'm honestly not sure I'd recommend it, but more power to you for sticking it out that far!

If you're interested in something with slightly less crusty design sensibilities, I can wholeheartedly recommend Super Robot Wars V and X, both on PS4, and both potentially in actually quite good English if you import the Asia-region versions. V happens to be the first SRW I've ever actually beaten without cheating.

As another note, I've just updated the SRW Gaiden patch to v1.05. Mostly typo fixes, though there's one fairly minor technical change in the mix as well. It should be on RHDN shortly, but you can always get it straight from AGTP immediately.