News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Bugfix and Uncensoring Patch  (Read 5558 times)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Bugfix and Uncensoring Patch
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2018, 03:25:11 pm »
If this was a translation patch, I would say to use the proper names for those, but as is it doesn't really fall into the scope of this patch.
You're actually right, I'm going to revert it in that case.

Alright, I think I'm going to go with a "Liberties Plus" sort of thing, separate from the other four and built off of Liberties (at least for now).  I think at this point that I'm safe in having six patches and if I need to the changes are small enough to remake them.  Here's what I have for that:
AkashaEdge>Imperial
Ice Sickle>KillerHook (The point of this is to be closer to intent; I figure this is the best for the patch.)
StarScythe>Hadean (Hades Hook always sounded off to me at least, one reason why this stayed as-is.)
Titan Vest>Titanium
Lumin Robe>Luminous
PlatinVest>Platinum
PlatinHelm>Platinum

Oh, and the Kajar Shopkeep.  I realize the R'bow Helm could use this, but you can only get it by charming.  I would really feel bad for anyone who charmed a Rainbow off of a monster thinking it was something else, due to sharing names with the best weapon in the game.

January 28, 2018, 04:07:35 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
All that, gems, and reverted Rock Helm is in the Mega and submitted to RHDN.  I'm thinking that this would be about the end of the line for item name changing... I can't really think of anything else to pick up.  Which means outside of issues this could be it for a while.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 04:24:35 pm by Chronosplit »

Kiyoshi Aman

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2018, 09:04:16 am »
No, Stone Helm is correct. The part that wasn't correct was the belief that it was somehow tied to the Denadoro Helm in Chrono Cross. ;)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2018, 10:22:29 am »
No, Stone Helm is correct. The part that wasn't correct was the belief that it was somehow tied to the Denadoro Helm in Chrono Cross. ;)
I agree with you, just Vanya had a good point.  With the reference being non-existent we're mostly splitting hairs, which means in that case I default to the original due to the scope.

February 03, 2018, 05:43:03 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Quick note: I've regulated Liberties Extended to add-on patches which can be put on top of the liberties versions, partially for space saving reasons and to reduce clutter as the changes are quite small between them.  These should go exactly as they say on the tin (they are bps files so they'll tell you if you screwed up, I think), but if you're having any problems let me know.

No one using non-liberties needs to repatch.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 06:15:05 pm by Chronosplit »

Chicken Knife

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2018, 06:27:51 pm »
Chronosplit--I've been following this project, frequently updating my CT rom with your myriad of updates--each and every one promised to be your last until the next major release. I am just as OCD so I am enjoying this all thoroughly. ;-) 

I just wanted to chime in that the content I am most excited about you revising is the Olde English dialect for the inhabitants of 600AD. All the Chrono Trigger fans I've spoken to about this feel that it would be a huge improvement to the atmosphere of that era and I'm amazed that this has never been done over the various official releases.

Btw, with all the hair splitting going on over equipment names, I thought I would add to the headaches and make a vote for Grandleon optionally replacing the Masamune--a weapon which has been a samurai sword in every other RPG I can think of and certainly should have been a Crono weapon for this game.

Thanks again for the great work you are doing.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2018, 03:54:08 pm »
Thank you!  I've always tried to be really quick about fixing things (btw there's one in the queue that does another restoration in Bekkler's lab, I had totally not realized Piett earlier), my plan right now I think though is to take a small break outside of any other bugfixing that may come up.  This is due to IRL, so I may just get started on the middle ages early after this.

Come to think of it, with all the editing Frog's going to get Grandleon just might not be that hard to do since I'll be treading through the same events.  The previous issues I would have with implimenting that are gone now.

Experimentation with the addons went pretty well and everything being in BPS seems to help things out in that it'll tell you if patching went wrong, I could make it an optional patch to the new middle ages (I would never do this any other way being due to it reappearing after Trigger).
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 04:45:28 pm by Chronosplit »