News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Bugfix and Uncensoring Patch  (Read 18474 times)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Bugfix and Uncensoring Patch
« Reply #180 on: June 08, 2018, 07:17:50 pm »
It's all updated in the mega a while ago, thanks a lot to you both!

June 09, 2018, 11:16:37 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Chicken Knife's cleared his game, and I can now say with utmost confidence that we are 100% consistent between versions.  Now, for the future... hopefully not a thousand years into the future.  :laugh:

The plan right now for me is to take a break, and let IRL take it's course while I possibly get a playthrough of Chrono Cross or Dragon Warrior 1/War of the Lions in the hole for research purposes on the next step.  At the time I return we're going whole hog on the Frog/Middle Ages project, until the point of time when MSU-1 is ready.  Then I will come back to these patches to get started in making those addons (yes, they'll be addon patches because Canoe can't MSU-1.  The Canoe Fix won't be bothered by this at all), and we'll consider the fate of Liberties extended as addons then as they might become main patches to make the folder less cluttered.

In case you're wondering about no stars: I've done my tests, things don't look positive in condencing down the number of patches.  I frankly don't feel like anyone wants to see a whopping 18 patches total with No Stars in the addon folder, as opposed to only the 6 I would need to make for the FMVs now.  Yep, that's how it looks.

Thank you all so much, it's been a fun ride through to ~95% completion.  Yeah, that's the tally I give it.  5% is what's left.

June 10, 2018, 09:48:25 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Wait, one last minute thing... looks like in my haste making 5b I failed to notice that Rock Helm and Shine Helm were switched.  So SkyDark and SkyDark+Name Liberties has been corrected.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 09:49:35 am by Chronosplit »

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2018, 10:52:41 am »
A quick talk about what's on the docket now, it'll be some time before I can get to working in earnest again, but writing down the plans is a good way to coordinate.

Middle Ages: Alright, we've danced around this a lot.  With everything consistent it's finally time to go full steam ahead on this.  I plan on tackling just 600 AD first and seeing how this goes; I know everyone has a different opinion on this whole thing (I know full well what I'm getting into) so by doing it more gradually as a beta I can get feedback and bugs will be addressed quicker.  I still have plans to improve both 600 AD and Frog, don't worry.

To speed things up this will not have an addon option for the current patches.  We're still going for the completely different database entry, as frankly no one wants to do a whole era and major character six times and expect it to be flawless.  As for which version to use as a base, I'm still deciding between Bugfix Alone and SkyDark.  The latter will make things easier on me as it means less addons to make (I plan on doing a single patch and optional addons setup for liberties and the like), and will make a "Masamune to Grandleon" patch less of an issue.

Side note: I don't know if the Canoe Fix needed updating at 5c.  Can anyone confirm?  I don't plan on doing anything else in the (immediate at least) future so this would be the last for real update of that.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 11:00:27 am by Chronosplit »

Chicken Knife

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2018, 09:15:04 pm »
So I get this straight, the middle ages English hack would be standalone but then all your current bugfix options could be applied on top of it? Sounds like the right approach if it's all compatible.

Also, I'm curious what your vision is for changing Frog. I was under the impression that everyone else would end up sounding like Frog and that he would simply fit right in.

I'll be on it with feedback as soon as you launch your first beta

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: Today at 12:15:06 am »
So I get this straight, the middle ages English hack would be standalone but then all your current bugfix options could be applied on top of it? Sounds like the right approach if it's all compatible.

Also, I'm curious what your vision is for changing Frog. I was under the impression that everyone else would end up sounding like Frog and that he would simply fit right in.

I'll be on it with feedback as soon as you launch your first beta
Yep, completely standalone.  It'll be one or two main patches (hopefully) with various addons containing the rest of the options available like Liberties and a patch that shifts the Masamune to Grandleon (along with Masa and Mune to Gran and Leon).  They won't be in the beta though.

Of Frog himself, there was an idea that Digitsie brought up earlier of a localization trick for making Frog still stand out for various character reasons: The Middle Ages would play similar to Frog's normal speech, but Frog would end up being even more archaic.  I'm still coming up with the nitty-gritty for that, but it was theorized that a more archaic Frog would come off similar to Vagrant Story or Slattery's Final Fantasy Tactics at times (but not always).  This I'm probably going to end up either making into a second patch or an addon; the reason being that some I realize just want everyone talking the same like Ayla and the Prehistoric Era, and he may end up becoming less readable to some (a common worry about these sorts of things, another reason why this whole thing is standalone).

teahouser

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: Today at 02:47:18 am »
What do you want me to check in Canoe Chronosplit? Last thing I checked was you said you had the shine helm as the rock helm but you changed it back and that took effect. Are you saying that now the shine helm and stone helm have switched places?