News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Pony Poki Panic - Version 1.1 Gallops In!  (Read 522 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Pony Poki Panic - Version 1.1 Gallops In!
« on: November 06, 2017, 02:20:39 am »

Update By: RadioShadow

So who here likes "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"?  Anyone?

So there was this "Pony Poki Panic" NES rom hack by herooftime1000 (rom hack of Super Mario Bros. 2 - USA) that uses the characters from "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic".  It sounds like a crazy idea, but the characters actually fit in the Arabian style world (unlike the Transformers and Pok√©mon hacks that exists).

The sprite work that herooftime1000 did is really good, but it was clear that all he had really done was modify the graphics.  This meant the rom hack lacked that polish.  Issues like the height of the items when the pony's carried an item/enemy were wrong, and Trixie's sprite only used 3 colors instead of 4 (due to Toad's sprite not using the extra sprite).

So this Version 1.1 makes the necessary improvements (with permission from herooftime100) to make this hack 20% cooler!  It may have taken a few years, but it can finally be played!  Check the readme file for more details.

For those who do download this rom hack, enjoy!  By all means, leave any feedback on the changes here: https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=24051.0

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Spooniest

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Pony Poki Panic - Version 1.1 Gallops In!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 07:53:01 am »
My 4 year old niece would get a huge kick out of this. :D

I find the MLP:FIM fan insanity far too spicy for my taste. I'm allergic to overly spicy levels of insanity. I have to keep my ph balance just right or people have a bad time, okay?

Gi Nattak

• View Profile
    • Return of the Dark Sorcerer
Re: ROM Hacks: Pony Poki Panic - Version 1.1 Gallops In!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 04:38:21 am »
I like ponies for they are the most gentle and lovingist of all the magical creatures in the forest.
And really they make as much sense being in this game (Doki Doki Panic) as team Mario.
I kinda wanna make a Mario 2 hack now called Okie-Dokie Panic and have the playable characters be migrant agricultural workers from Oklahoma.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 05:13:47 am by Gi Nattak »
The end comes...beyond darkness.