News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Managing your gaming time.  (Read 136 times)

Spooniest

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Managing your gaming time.
« on: November 05, 2017, 11:10:47 pm »
Suggestions?

I keep getting distracted when I try to play games. Either I'll be fiddling with the settings (thanks libretro.com) forever to try to get it to look nice (which I finally think I have), or I'll get pulled away as I'm playing. I am a fairly easy to distract person.

Any tips for concentrating on games when you have the time to play them scheduled out? Being so active in the myriad jobs you all seem to have, you must manage your gaming time very carefully. I can't even get halfway through a JRPG these days without getting caught up in something else.

So the two questions posed by the thread are 1) When, in your opinion, is the best time to play video games, and 2) how do you avoid distractions when you have this time blocked out and it arrives?

magictrufflez

• View Profile
Re: Managing your gaming time.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 11:48:52 pm »
I just make sure I have the important stuff taken care of before hand, and know that I have a few hours where I know I don't need to do anything, normally after I eat after work to wind down.

So...not managed carefully at all really, but I don't live in a box, so it seems to have worked out OK for me thus far.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
Re: Managing your gaming time.
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 05:44:14 pm »
Well, I have a few SNES and NES titles loaded into my 3DS for work and when the trip back and forth,
when I get home, lately it's just trying out a few new games here and there and trying to clear single games off the backlog, right now Dark Cloud is backing up the system with it's abysmal balancing though, on weekends I try to hit some of my projects and get smaller games off the backlog before they slip my memory.
Sleepy's tune of the week: Degiheugi - Opening Credits - https://youtu.be/dGZmQQ8YDkk