News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: [Genesis]International Superstar Soccer Deluxe hacks and tools  (Read 296 times)

chazychazzz1

• Also known as FATA-
    • View Profile
[Genesis]International Superstar Soccer Deluxe hacks and tools
« on: November 05, 2017, 06:40:33 pm »
International Superstar Soccer Deluxe is a football video game and the sequel to International Superstar Soccer developed and published Konami's, KCEO division. This Deluxe version was published first to the SNES, then the Mega Drive (ported by Factor 5) and finally the PlayStation. Probably the best football game for Mega Drive or SNES. My hacks and tools were made for the Genesis version.
HACKS
These hacks were made for our online tournaments but you can easily play in singleplayer.
First hack is called GalaxianNew(Idk why I named them as Galaxian but I like it :D ) it has lots of new national teams from different years with custom skills,haircuts and rosters of course + some animation/sprites fixes,ball physics fixes, AI fixes and some misc stuff.
What is exactly done in GalaxianNew?
Spoiler:
England,'98 roster
Germany, 2014 roster
Italy,2012 roster
Wales,2015 roster
France,'98 roster
Holland, 2008 roster
U.S.S.R.,1966 roster
Spain, 2010-2014 mix roster (+Zubizarreta)
Ukraine,2006 roster
Belguim,2000 roster
Russia,2002 roster
Bulgary,'98 roster
Croatia,2008 roster
Greece,2004 roster
Japan,2002 roster
S. Arabia,'98 roster
Brazil,2002 roster
Argentina,2014 roster
Columbia,2014 roster
Mexico,'90-'00 mix roster
USA, actor squad (Stallone, Seagal and so on)
Uruguay,2010 roster
Australia,2015 roster (work in progress)
AI minor fixes
Ball animation improved
Banners reworked
Instead of Nigeria stadium there is S.Arabia stadium
Download

The second one is a club hack. It's a little bit unfinished, some team names are missing and there are some misc bugs like some team emblems are flashing but it's pretty easy to fix. There are some famous '98 clubs and also some noname CIS clubs (because we're from CIS). Download

And the third and the latest hack is probably more prototype than hack. But it has REALLY good additions. Firstly,there can be white and black people in one team which is really useful in club hack,I don't know why developers didn't make this feature because it exists in SNES version of the game. Secondly, it's a penalty bug fix. Really annoying bug especially when you're playing an online match. Thirdly, time clock has 45 minutes for one period but the real time still the same (3, 5 or 7 minutes) as you expect from a normal football sim. Additional time is also looks much better but will be fixed in the future. And names can be longer than 8 symbols! Download

TOOLS
So I created some tools to make it easier to work with ROM. But before we start I wanted to say that I mainly use IDA debugger with  Gensida, SMD Ida tools plugins.
So I use SMD Factor5 LZ Tool specially made for this game.It unpacks all You can download it here: https://github.com/lab313ru/fact5lz/releases/tag/v1.1 . It's pretty self-explanatory, you can use it from command prompt. Offsets are in txt file. Only works for Windows.

There is also a player editor. Works on all platforms (Win, Mac, Linux)
How to use:
Spoiler:
Firstly you need to drop you issd rom named GalaxianNew in the folder (only my newer versions of romhacks work). (Newest version included into folder). Then you can start, run your .pyc from Python interpreter or simply click on the .exe if you're using Win version.
Left window (on the screenshot) - player preview, you can see how your player would look in the game. Right window - editor. First line (from the top)- name editor, must be 8 characters long, always! Space is '@' sign, so Zaza in the editor would look like 'Zaza@@@@', hope u get it. Then you can see player skills (from speed to stamina). They're always 2 characters long. The first is always zero and the second is a number from 1 to 9. And you should remember that skills in the editor are less by one. You can see it on the screenshot, on the editor window speed is 08 but on the preview speed is 9. Hope you get this too. Then positions 00- forward (FW), 01- midfielder(MF), 02- defender(DF),03-goalkeeper(GK), 04-midfielder-forward(MF-FW), 05-defender-midfielder(DF-MF). Then numbers... It's just a number from 01 to 20, simple as that. Then hair types... You can find some pictures in main folder named 01,02,03..,0a - if you open them you can see hair, so choose your hair and write it in hair line in the editor. Also you don't need to click save button every time, buttons next,previous,next team,previous team save your data too.
Download:
Win: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4lhwLJPV-TpWmZnajQ0bF9lcHc
Mac, Linux: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4lhwLJPV-TpYXlySjZGRkF5OW8 (Note: for Linux and Mac you need to download Python 3.4 https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-342/ )

And then there is 3-in-1 program.It's changes of team clothes color, skin color and goalkeeper clothes color.
Spoiler:

It only works with GalaxianNew.bin too (Rom included).
1. To change your teams wear open Fusion emulator, go to Team Colors section where you can edit your wear before the game starts. Edit wear as you like and make a savestate(File -> Save State As..) and save it as 'save.gsx'. Then drop it to programs folder, open the program and find a window named "Team colors. Coded by FATA-", choose the team where you want to see your wear and click "Start". Done!
2.To change your teams skin color open Fusion emulator, go to team select and choose the team that skin you want . Make a savestate(File -> Save State As..) and save it as 'save.gsx'. Then drop it to programs folder, open the program and find a window named "Skin. Coded by FATA-", choose the team where you want to see this skin that you've chosen and click "Start". Done!
1. To change your goalkeeper wear open Fusion emulator, go to Team Colors section where you can edit your wear before the game starts. Edit only first 2 colors of T-shirt, that will be your goalkeeper colors then make a savestate(File -> Save State As..) and save it as 'save.gsx'. Then drop it to programs folder, open the program and find a window named "Goalkeeper colors. Coded by FATA-", choose the team where you want to see your wear and click "Start". Done!
Program may freeze when closing but that's ok.
Download:
Win: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4lhwLJPV-TpWE1PeTNZVWdBMGM
Mac, Linux: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4lhwLJPV-TpalJuN0VCTUZPQjQ (Note: for Linux and Mac you need to download Python 3.4 https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-342/ )

HOPES AND PLANS
I hope to find a way to add more than 32 teams in one rom, add all features from "prototype" hack and make AI challenging and interesting to play against. If you have any suggestions,questions, want to know more or play some online matches - feel free to write!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:13:23 am by chazychazzz1 »

peixemacaco

• 70 65 69 78 65 6d 61 63 61 63 6f
    • View Profile
    • Old peixemacaco site found
Re: International Superstar Soccer Deluxe hacks and tools
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 08:19:43 pm »
I love Soccer, and will try it for sure!!!

Great job creating those tools to edit the game in Sega Genesis. Because there was only on Super Nes.

Hope you didn`t forgot Corinthians from Brazil... 8)

Nelson

Ps: About IDA Pro, I`ve put Super Monaco GP http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=25071.0 on that and get an .asm code. This is the trully game assembler code or maybe not...
Super Monaco GP... It garnered an at-the-time unprecedented 10–10–9–9 rating from Electronic Gaming Monthly's Review and wasn`t a F Indy title.

salvadorc17

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 03:40:31 pm »
I have made scenario editor for this game here in romhacking. http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1222/

peixemacaco

• 70 65 69 78 65 6d 61 63 61 63 6f
    • View Profile
    • Old peixemacaco site found
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 10:58:54 pm »
Oh! I`ve just seen it, Thanks, But no Genesis version like these ones from chazychazzz1 ?

Nelson
Super Monaco GP... It garnered an at-the-time unprecedented 10–10–9–9 rating from Electronic Gaming Monthly's Review and wasn`t a F Indy title.

chazychazzz1

• Also known as FATA-
    • View Profile
Re: [Genesis]International Superstar Soccer Deluxe hacks and tools
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 08:21:40 am »
Thanks, Nelson! I'll look into Super Monaco GP, love this racing game.
Hey, that's great salvadorc17, but that's for SNES version and the difference between Genesis and SNES version is enourmous. They are 2 different games in terms of code and data and there is no scenario editor for Genesis version. I don't really think it's needed so I won't do it in near future.