News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [JPN Translators][PS2]Itadaki/Fortune Street Special (FF/DQ knowledge a plus!)  (Read 590 times)

Choppasmith

• View Profile
So I've sort of been on and off this project for a while.

I have a version up on RHDN already, but this is mostly a menus and gameplay translation. No actual character dialog.
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3191/

After receiving some help from Gemini we now have a proper VWF which is great for dialog (albeit a couple of small glitches we weren't able to quite squash). Mulling it over, I felt the pros really outweighed the cons and thought I'd take a crack at finding translators. I mean what's it hurt to ask? Besides I figured maybe if I get it out there, there might be someone who can help squash those bugs.

So there's basically three parts

-Bios: Little Descriptions on the character select screen for every character.
-Extended Bios: Longer, more detailed bios featured in the gallery section.

and the big monster:

DIALOG! Not quite an RPG or anything, but there's quite a bit of chit chat in the game, about 1 MB's worth. And there's not really much of an indication as to who is saying what (though it seems like there's a consistent character order among all the files, so we at least have a vague idea of who's who). My plan is hopefully to get a solid translation and then once it comes together edit the dialog myself to give the characters (namely DQ characters) their little speech quirks.

So if you just have a little bit of time, consider helping on bios as they're pretty short and sweet. If you're up to the challenge consider helping out on dialog. Even if we can get a quick idea of whose dialog starts where via translating would be a huge help!

Thanks for looking! It's a really passion project of mine to get this game as translated as possible so more people can enjoy it!

mariosmentor

• View Profile
My Japanese isn't the greatest, but I'm improving bit by bit, and DQ and FF are among my favorites. I'd be glad to help.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to help after all. Sorry.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 01:46:11 pm by mariosmentor »

Choppasmith

• View Profile
My Japanese isn't the greatest, but I'm improving bit by bit, and DQ and FF are among my favorites. I'd be glad to help.

PM Sent! Considering how chatty the game is, there's definitely room for more! Don't be shy people! :)