News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile VersionCurrent Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia
Wouldnt it make more sense to rename the translation to Super Nintendo Wars? Just a thought, ya know.
With the help of some awesome reverse engineering tools built by my compatriot in this project...
...... With the help of some awesome reverse engineering tools built by my compatriot in this project – which will be released together with some write-ups soon enough – we've made great progress during the last few months....
Whee! I'm so happy to see that a proper translation patch of this game is being brought about!
So is that compatriot the same DackR who was working on his own project or likely a different person?
Looks lovely.Glad to see progress on this game, it always seemed to be a...problem for hackers who would otherwise want to do a "simple" game.But nothing's ever simple, eh?
Yeah, I guess that’s me when I first looked into this game. “How hard can it be?” – well, not completely trivial it turns out. So maybe hackers have deemed the bang/buck-ratio too low and chose to either go for simpler games, or games with more appeal in this space (ie. RPGs).There’s some mythical screen shots floating around from the early 2000s of a translation by David “MakoKnight” Mullen. They look quite neat – anyone have any information on that project and/or the author? Edit: Oh. I searched around a bit and found this in the notes for a Bomberman GB3 hack: “This translation is dedicated to the memory of David "MakoKnight" Mullen, the man who brought us a translated version of this game.”
As I've alluded to here and elsewhere since 2012 or so, Super Famicom Wars is a game I've tinkered with on and off. Mostly off, obviously, and when DackR showed some progress last year I thought that I'd finally be able to play this game in english soon and throw my own work out the window.But when his progress and/or motivation seemed to wane after the initial progress with the compression system, I felt the urge to pick up the pieces of my old research again. With the help of some awesome reverse engineering tools built by my compatriot in this project – which will be released together with some write-ups soon enough – we've made great progress during the last few months. So now I think it's time that we came out of the basement with this project!
(...) from the swedish demo scene actually. The resurrection of this project was sort of a funny coincidence: we're both attending a regular pub night for old demo sceners in Gothenburg, Sweden (...)
Some super dry footage of me testing on real hardware (...)youtu.be/esCEfSp6FmA
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 17 queries.