Thank you so much for the support posts!
Alright, since I think the general agreement is "Make patches with the new features and ability to mix and match said features" is popular, I'll do that. I'm also interested in re-doing the whole game as well, with the new features included.
However, in order to keep this streamlined with LS, I will be removing some features to these patches... like the addition of more buffs, different ailments, and the Power-Up/equip replacement system.
Here is a preview of what's to come:
New Stats (Replaces base stats with radical new stats and formulas)
*INCOMPATIBLE PATCHES: "FORMULA_PATCH_A.ips"
- New stats:
Power (New stat that replaces Attack. There is no line between physical damage/magic damage, so all damage draws from this stat.)
Defense (Updated. Defense formula changed--All damage reductions are flat and are calculated for all damage rather than physical/magic.)
Speed (Updated. Now calculates turn order and accuracy of the monster. Attacker's Speed is compared to Opponent's Speed; If Attacker's is less than Opponent's, difference is calculated as MISS chance.)
Recovery (New stat. Recovery changes the health recovered from items and spells.)
Style (New stat. Increases chance of Flower Bonus and *Freebie chance.) (*NOTE: Freebie chance is only calculated in an item's animation script. This can be changed in LS without Hex.)
Battle UI Update (Updates the battle UI with more information)
Patch1: UI_UPDATE_A.ips (Displays current buff(s) (Attack UP!; Defense UP!) on status bar)
Patch2: UI_UPDATE_B.ips (Current HP and Max HP change colors depending on current health. Red if >25% of max, green if <100% of max, or yellow if neither.)
Patch3: UI_UPDATE_C.ips (Turn timer now displays when the character has a status debuff or invincible.)
Patch4: UI_CORE.ips (Includes all above UI UPDATE patches.)
Technical Info on all Patches:
- Expands the tile limit to display up to 112 different tiles (up from 48). (You MUST edit them using YY-CHR or another tile editor)
- Moves location of debug menu alphabet and characters to new location (01:C000) to make room for new tiles (01:F000).
P-Gauge (Replaces FP with new P-Gauge system)
- Adds P-Gauge to battle UI. Spells use P-Gauge instead of FP. Passively regenerates by +1 per turn. If Defend command used, gain +1 P-Gauge.
- Updates P-Gauge to display under character's HP on battle UI. In battle, the spell menu is updated to display new P-Gauge cost with arrows and numbers.
- Opponents do not draw from P-Gauge, thus can infinitely use spells.
- Reprograms item attribute "+1 FP" to increase the character's P-Gauge by 1 (caps at 7).
- Removes FP from the overworld menu.
Formulas and Bug Fixes (Includes JUST the damage formula updates)
Patch1: FORMULAS_PATCH_A.ips (Changes damage calculation for character/opponent)
- Damage = (Power * EnemyPhysAtkPowerLevel) - Defense. Previously, was (Power - Defense) * EnemyPhysAtkPowerLevel.
- Updates damage increasing or reducing equation to run per check, rather than just check once.
Patch2: FORMULAS_PATCH_B.ips (Changes enemy Physical Attack damage multiplier to x1/1.5/2/3/4/5/6/7. Previously, was x1/1.5/2/4/8/16/32/64.)
Patch3: FORMULAS_PATCH_C.ips (Bug Fix: Fixes Status UP! buffs not applying when character has Red Essence effect)
Patch4: FORMULAS_PATCH_D.ips (Fixes the unused ailment* by allowing it to be applied via items/spells, and sets it to only target foes and not allies) (*More info here: https://tcrf.net/Super_Mario_RPG:_Legend_of_the_Seven_Stars#Unused_Status_Ailment
Patch5: FORMULAS_PATCH_E.ips (If character is already using the defend command, player cannot manually defend to reduce damage further.)
Patch6: FORMULAS_CORE.ips (Includes all above FORMULA patches)
CORES PATCH (Includes all above patches)
Additionally, I will include a .txt file with all the changes in case anyone wants to add them by hand.