News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Help with Tile Layer Pro  (Read 161 times)

noobie

• View Profile
Help with Tile Layer Pro
« on: October 29, 2017, 12:50:35 pm »
Hello, person that is reading this topic!

So, well, I'm new and I readed the Getting Started section of this site, I downloaded a Link To The Past/Four Swords rom (GBA), a emulator and Tile Layer Pro.

So, I wanted to hack it, but everything I saw was just a bunch of random green pixels. I went out to search for some help, and when I got back, I selected the format and pallete to GBA, but everything I saw was just random colorful pixels. I tried to search for more help on hacking it, and I didn't found a answer I could understand.

So, my question is, did that happened because the file is compressed or because of another thing? Please help me!

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Tile Layer Pro
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 11:14:39 pm »
I did a Google search for "a link to the past gba compression" (no quotes) and this was the first hit.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-editing-gba-a-link-to-the-past.156231/
This depresses me. I feel like a goldfish right now...

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
Re: Help with Tile Layer Pro
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 03:57:47 am »
Step 1: don't bother with Tile Layer Pro, use Tile Molester or something else.

Step 2: of course you'll see random coloured pixels if you're looking at game code rather than graphics. The game has everything in there, so to find the graphics you need to go looking for them. If they're uncompressed then you'll just need to make sure you're in the right format (looks like it's 4 bits per pixel for this).