News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: [Japanese Translator][FDS] Cleopatra no Mahou - HTML Manual  (Read 325 times)

DvD

• View Profile
    • DvD Translations
[Japanese Translator][FDS] Cleopatra no Mahou - HTML Manual
« on: October 22, 2017, 03:05:54 pm »
I've been working on Square's last NES/FDS game before Final Fantasy, which we've translated as "The Cursed Treasure of Cleopatra" for a couple of years now.  The whole game has been translated by NintendoComplete.  I'm about 50% through the game, editing the script as I go along.  I kinda sat on the project for over a year, but I'm really into it now.  I occasionally need some translation editing help with the script; harmony7 and aishsha are helping me with that.  RadicalR has already started beta testing.

What I need help with is the manual.  I have a complete manual in graphical HTML form that I got from a Japanese web site.  I have done a very small amount of work on it, replacing the katakana English words that I know, etc.  I need someone to replace the Japanese text in the HTML with the English text.  There is approx. 20kb of UTF-8 text.  So far, none of the team has been interested in working on it.

I appreciate any help I can get.  It's probably best to try to contact me through Skype as dvdtranslations.

xxfirefoxxy

• JP-EN Translator
    • View Profile
Re: [Japanese Translator][FDS] Cleopatra no Mahou - HTML Manual
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 11:29:41 am »
Hi! If you're still looking for some help with this, I'm a trainee translator (JP-EN) and would be interested in taking a look at the manual for you. I've got basic knowledge of HTML as well as experience with Japanese translation. I've not played the game myself, but I've had a good look at it and it seems cool so just let me know!  :)

cccmar

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
Re: [Japanese Translator][FDS] Cleopatra no Mahou - HTML Manual
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 10:34:54 am »
Hi! If you're still looking for some help with this, I'm a trainee translator (JP-EN) and would be interested in taking a look at the manual for you. I've got basic knowledge of HTML as well as experience with Japanese translation. I've not played the game myself, but I've had a good look at it and it seems cool so just let me know!  :)

You may want to drop DvD a message via Skype, since he's not here particularly often; I'd help too if my schedule wasn't so packed these days, but since I can't right now, all the power to you! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 04:42:51 am by cccmar »