News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Rent A Hero help  (Read 238 times)

reykjavix

• View Profile
Rent A Hero help
« on: October 20, 2017, 05:54:16 pm »
So, I'm playing the translated version of Rent A Hero. Thanks to everybody who made this possible as I enjoy this game immensely despite its glaring shortcomings.

I'm having a hell of a time with what I assume is one of the last missions in the game. You need to go to Pittsville and recover an engagement ring from a cat.

I've talked to everybody in the area at least 3 times. Here's what I've triggered so far:

- Gave the guy below the fiancee a Czar's Nectar to wake him up. He told me his neighbor upstairs is being loud. I questioned both guys upstairs but nothing came of it.
- A lady on the first floor asked me to take out her Garbage. However, regardless of where I use it, it just gives me the same "This smells bad" message. Using it on the trashcans outside doesn't do anything differently.
- Talked to a woman with a studying son. Then talked to the guy next door who was singing and the lady ran over and asked him to stop.
- Tried using the Garbage on Tomato's cat, as well as attempting to Search the cat.
- Located every cat in the game (to my knowledge) and Searched/ Talked to all of them.

Please help me out! I've figured out everything else in this game up to this point (including the cryptic note stuff) but at this point I'm banging my head against a brick wall tryna make progress here.

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
Re: Rent A Hero help
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 06:31:39 pm »
Looks like this guy played the whole game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77wYEcNh5qE&list=PLw1X62mAdL92-l6uouxkgrf75GWPZSleI&index=60

YouTube and/or GameFAQs are usually a better place to start with gaming tips, rather than a hacking website. ;)

reykjavix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 06:37:04 pm »
Oh wow I was all over Youtube and couldn't find this. I only stumbled on a lesser, failed longplay that only lasted two videos. Thanks!

reykjavix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 07:07:23 pm »
Oh jeez. You just have to use "Discard" on the Garbage instead of "Use." I feel like it would have taken an extra few hours just to figure this out. Thanks.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 03:54:20 pm »
Never heard of an RPG requiring the drop command be used for progress. :o
Sir Howard Stringer, chief executive of Sony, on Christmas sales of the PS3:
"It's a little fortuitous that the Wii is running out of hardware."

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 08:26:32 pm »
I made a thread at gamehacking.org when playing through it in the requests section, check that out if you get stuck again or want to try some codes that improve the game.
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.