Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Poll

Which font should I use?

The FFIIUS - styled VWF (current)
21 (58.3%)
The FF4/5/6 Advance font
15 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Final Fantasy V - GBA Script Port (v1.13a) Project Thread  (Read 7037 times)

Squall_FF8

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy V - GBA Script Port (v1.12) Project Thread
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2017, 09:15:57 am »
The only way to discern the nature of the error is by using real emulator - higan (aka bsnes).
If you see error then it is a problem of the hack, if not then its emulation error  :laugh:

Alcahest

• Demon of Elru
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2017, 01:55:42 pm »
Hmm, I'm getting SHA-1: 135020E0E25E38C7231D014FDF8F18E879C6DE6F
not SHA-1: 24326228224C1492E2E80859ACC9016CF8BE1B95
Error on my end?

121J

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2017, 09:01:49 am »
Hmm, I'm getting SHA-1: 135020E0E25E38C7231D014FDF8F18E879C6DE6F
not SHA-1: 24326228224C1492E2E80859ACC9016CF8BE1B95
Error on my end?

No, it's just that I was lazy and forgot to update it. The latest checksum has just been submitted.

Also, in case you haven't heard, this hack was just released by Tzepish, which enables sprinting and Blue Magic learning without the relevant abilities equipped, fixing one of the major disadvantages of the SNES version.

November 24, 2017, 09:22:40 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
The only way to discern the nature of the error is by using real emulator - higan (aka bsnes).
If you see error then it is a problem of the hack, if not then its emulation error  :laugh:

Bear in mind this error was also present in RPGe's translation, of which this was based on.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 09:22:40 am by 121J »

Tzepish

• I like swords
    • View Profile
    • The Devil's Jockstrap
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2017, 02:39:38 pm »
Thanks for the plug, 121J. Your script port is what got me excited to mess with FF5 again!

Chicken Knife

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2017, 10:55:18 am »
Going through this mod, I've probably felt the happiest I've ever felt with a version of FFV. Tremendous work! I do have one minor issue that I haven't seen anyone point out: robes need to have an icon to match the other gear on the equip screen. Ideally, there would be a specific robe icon but if that were an issue I'd prefer seeing the generic armor icon on the robe instead of nothing at all. Again, thank you for your great work!

121J

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2017, 03:21:36 pm »
Going through this mod, I've probably felt the happiest I've ever felt with a version of FFV. Tremendous work! I do have one minor issue that I haven't seen anyone point out: robes need to have an icon to match the other gear on the equip screen. Ideally, there would be a specific robe icon but if that were an issue I'd prefer seeing the generic armor icon on the robe instead of nothing at all. Again, thank you for your great work!

That's an oversight that I need to fix when I have time (read: when I can be bothered).

Reiska

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2017, 01:59:39 am »
Thanks for the plug, 121J. Your script port is what got me excited to mess with FF5 again!

How difficult, out of curiosity, would it be to separate the Sprint and Learning functionality into two patches?  (I don't want to go and just request stuff willy-nilly that could be a lot of work, but I'm wagering a guess some people might want the Sprint functionality by itself)

121J

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2017, 02:20:37 am »
How difficult, out of curiosity, would it be to separate the Sprint and Learning functionality into two patches?  (I don't want to go and just request stuff willy-nilly that could be a lot of work, but I'm wagering a guess some people might want the Sprint functionality by itself)

They're already split into two patches, just all under one download.

Tzepish

• I like swords
    • View Profile
    • The Devil's Jockstrap
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2017, 01:51:38 pm »
Maybe I'll update the page description to make it clear that they are already split, just in case!

121J

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2017, 03:55:26 pm »
Just submitted v1.13. This fixes the issue with the cloak sprite that was noticed before and fixes some other oversights as well as changing some formatting. I also gave item names and the like a once-over. Space limitations forced me to abbreviate in the first place, I just tried to make said abbreviations more pleasing to the eye. If you notice anything that you have suggestions for then please feel free to post them in this thread.

Chicken Knife

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy V - GBA Script Port (v1.13) Project Thread
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2017, 08:05:27 pm »
Thanks for fixing the robe sprite issue so quickly. The new abbreviations are an improvement. Quite readable and they bring the proper names to mind immediately rather than those awkward past translations (fenix, etc.)

Yave

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2017, 12:22:01 am »
The English translation is awesome! And I changed font to Mega Man Font except lower case chars, I love this.

I edited it to make them flat.

But these has a problem: Where is the clothes icon??

I saw it in tiles between Thund and eg, but is it never used in translated text?
I tried replace space tile that between ilit and lill to clothes icon, it works, but some space of monster name are changed to clothes icon too.
So I think that is a problem...

121J

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2017, 10:04:28 am »
The English translation is awesome! And I changed font to Mega Man Font except lower case chars, I love this.

I edited it to make them flat.

But these has a problem: Where is the clothes icon??

I saw it in tiles between Thund and eg, but is it never used in translated text?
I tried replace space tile that between ilit and lill to clothes icon, it works, but some space of monster name are changed to clothes icon too.
So I think that is a problem...
That's fixed in the latest version. I reccomend you download it as it also has some other minor changes and fixes.

Yave

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2017, 01:23:40 am »
v1.13
I find a text problem, see bottom, spells.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:46:20 pm by Yave »

acediez

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy V - GBA Script Port (v1.11) Project Thread
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2017, 06:36:45 pm »
Finally !!!
Finally the great trilogy is complete, something that I have been expecting since the 1990s:

Final Fantasy IV - Namingway Edition
Final Fantasy V - GBA Script Port
Final Fantasy VI - Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition

Rodimus Primal and J121, many thanks for your efforts.
(I can die happy now ... :laugh:)
I'm sorry to bring the thread up for a rather offtopic discussion, but I'm very curious: what makes people prefer "Ted Woolseley Uncensored" versus, say, the "Relocalization Project" which is directly based on the GBA version? (And for that reason seems to be more in line with that's being done here with FFV)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2017, 11:40:10 pm »
I'm sorry to bring the thread up for a rather offtopic discussion, but I'm very curious: what makes people prefer "Ted Woolseley Uncensored" versus, say, the "Relocalization Project" which is directly based on the GBA version? (And for that reason seems to be more in line with that's being done here with FFV)
It's mostly personal preference, but in general TWUE is more in line with the original SNES localization while patching up all the problems with it.  Relocalization Project uses the GBA script as a base while making a good few edits to it.  Neither are straight script ports really though.

Reiska

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2017, 02:05:37 am »
They're already split into two patches, just all under one download.

Oh!  Awesome. :)

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2017, 10:23:42 am »

I like the texts from the Relocalization Project and its bugfixes that are more extensive, but I do not like the menus font (except the dialogues), I am satisfied with the corrected and improved dialogues from Ted Woolsey (As already said, it's only a personal preference).

121J

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2017, 11:42:49 am »
v1.13
I find a text problem, see bottom, spells.

Should be fixed and submitted. Download v1.13a when it's avaliable at the download page.

December 11, 2017, 01:15:52 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

Does anyone know how to extract text from the PS1 version? I thought an interesting idea for a project would be to take that version and give it a considerable brush-up (obvously removing its more infamous aspects), creating something (hopefully) close to what an official translation could have been.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 01:17:06 pm by 121J »

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy V - GBA Script Port (v1.13a) Project Thread
« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2017, 10:09:01 am »
There was just a big ol' other bugfix compilation submitted: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3766/

I have no clue if it's compatible or not howewver.