News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Arcana - Seal of Rimsala! (SNES) ~ Fixing gfx bug, then release  (Read 17846 times)

Time/SpaceMage

• View Profile
Re: Arcana - Seal of Rimsala! (SNES) ~ Fixing gfx bug, then release
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2018, 11:19:14 am »
Actually, it turns out that the information about 25% resistance could very well be incorrect. I just saw another guide here that I've been testing and finding to be more accurate here: http://mikesrpgcenter.com/arcana/attributes.html

No attribute takes 100% from all. Same attributes are 80%, advantages are 160%/40%, and opposite attributes are 120%

Opposite attributes are Wind/Water and Fire/Earth, so for example
Spoiler:
Changing Attribute to Wind against Darah will have you doing 120% damage to him, but only take 80% from his newly found Lightning 2 spell (or only 40% from his Smash 1 spell if you're playing the original), but you wouldn't want to do that before defeating Barah as he can get a lucky critical and potentially end your game.

I first noticed this when I was able to one shot a Gurgeon/Chimera as a none attribute, but could no longer do so after matching its attribute.

That's a really interesting find. So if 80% damage is "normal" to spirits, resistance is 0.5x, opposites are 1.5x and weaknesses are 2x. I wonder how these multipliers are implemented bitwise? Oh, and any idea how damage is done when multiple elements are involved? I get the feeling damage is lower than it should be. Also, he lists Rimsala as having all elements but her data says she's elementless. Maybe the fight would be more interesting if she was 0F instead of 00... Just realized nobody actually learns Revitalize (heals Paralysis) either. I thought Sylph would have it?

If I ever make a second quest, it is totally going to go full-on parody for misread Japanese and so on  :laugh: Join Looks and his rare blue Sylph on their adventure to stop Gallon from reviving the evil Rimless in the tower of Rim-seala  :D

TheSiege

• View Profile
Re: Arcana - Seal of Rimsala! (SNES) ~ Fixing gfx bug, then release
« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2018, 11:14:23 pm »
From what I understand, Rimsalia herself has a special attribute that has her take extra damage from the sword you're using.

I don't think anyone in your group ever gets paralyzed. Petrify seems to exist for story purposes only. The only thing left is sleep. This means that tents don't do everything they're advertised to do.
One funny side effect of this is that it's possible to get the unpetrify spell for rooks after he's already cast it.

Join Luke and Sarah as they slay a cloud with his trusty buster sword.