News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Final Fantasy V by Chris Kohler  (Read 295 times)

Spooniest

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy V by Chris Kohler
« on: October 19, 2017, 08:32:29 pm »
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074WGTGHF/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Been reading, up to world 2. Interesting. A lot of it reminds me of my days in Iowa on a 56k modem plugged into a MacIntosh Performa. After Dark anyone?

He has several snippets of an interview with Hironobu Sakaguchi interspersed throughout his personal narrative of how he imported FF5 when it was new. Among the highlights are some discussion of the extensive spritework (Kazuko Shibuya recalls doing an interview back during dev where she told them "There are too many damn sprites!" :D ), but also about RPGs in general and how they came to be.

In particular I'm enjoying the memories I have of my first FF5 experiences that this is bringing back for me. :) It was fun being a kid.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy V by Chris Kohler
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 09:42:15 pm »
I to have FF5 before it was translated, even by fans. Also tried learning Japanese, but failed to get very far when the RPGe translation became a thing. Then the SD3 translation hit and I lost interest in learning anymore Japanese. Funny thing is, the first time I was in Japan, it was surprising how much I remembered and recognized.