News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: (DemoPatch) Megaman Legends 1 & 2 Remix (Item Move/Rebalance)  (Read 3711 times)

ShadyRounds

• Apathetic, yet Helpful.
    • View Profile
(DemoPatch) Megaman Legends 1 & 2 Remix (Item Move/Rebalance)
« on: October 18, 2017, 09:09:58 am »
UPDATE: This post has a link to a download to patch your rom with the changes I've made, to show the progress of my work on this obscure little gem! (Helping Hands or Instructions still Welcome via PM)

DOWNLOAD Patch - Playable Beta2: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UId-DMa4zhEHOxx2Ty8E35FQ8Jk3iCt6
[DOWNLOAD is .ups patch for Legends.img "SLUS_006.03", other forms available upon request]
DOWNLOAD Patch - FasterPlayerCameraTurnSpeed: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Bb9qvZLqiDgdsYhb9Jbi2cN3FflwNVCI

I am making a Megaman Legends Remix. I hope the work may oneday turn into a randomizer, and I do want to include various features beside just item location move/shuffle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvOS1qcS5Zc

Progress:
Megaman Legends 1 Remix (Playable Patch)
  • I actually started with "lowering starting value for morality in newgame", you're closer to turning "dark megaman" at the gamestart.
  • I have shuffled the script the chests/npcs call on to grant items. Very rudimentary for now but it does in fact replace the given item and the bugs aren't yet apparent.
  • Game's first SpecWep, is treated as a "key item". If gotten later, will not give weapon. Whatever is given in it's place, still gives original weapon. SOLUTION: No "physical" item is rewarded by junkstore (is now "implied" gotten and used by Roll), and Roll now provides weapon (speech removed and text changed)
  • Buster Parts have been rebalanced to favor +Atk less, as well as reduce max-statting (min-maxing stats) significantly in endgame.
  • Some special weapons require slightly adjusted and different items to develop now.
  • Wiring the "Difficulty" at Main Menu, to "always be present" rather than "after game completion".
BUGS:
->Saves will not allow some changes between vanilla and different mod-versions. Specifically, busterpart changes and supportcar changes, as those are always-loaded and a save injects what was already-loaded.
->SpecWeps requiring changed items to develop, do not list them correctly after creation.
->Some text is otherwise bugged.
->Junkstore reward is hacky, but should work and progress without fatal error
As far as I know, changed chests were for sure changed, but in the event they weren't, this is what SHOULD have been changed:
Spoiler:
Zetsabre > Arm Supporter > Guidance Unit > Joint Plug > Helmet > Grenades > Ancient Book > Zenny

PenLight > Zenny

"Missile Cycler" > Marlwolf Shell > JunkstoreBox

Cannon Kit  > Boatstore Box > Old Launcher > Cannon Kit...

PoweredBuster = CannonKit + ArmSupporter
SpreadBuster = OldLauncher + AncientBook
ActiveBuster = GuidanceUnit + MissileCycler

Marlwolf Shell =>= "Barrier Generator"

Planned So Far:
  • Idea: Wiring original japanese soundtracks back in (they are present on english roms, unhooked)
  • Idea: Adding original japanese version's option of kicking paprika rather than shooing (so far I tried and failed to do this so...)
  • Idea: A randomizer to shuffle the pool of items between all available locations for endless playthroughs.
  • Idea: Find how to move/change enemy spawns (including mimics, cloaked-skirks, ect).
  • Idea: Make a dense-fog version of the patch (especially fun in OldCity and LakeJynn)
  • Idea: Adding a version with harder difficulty, such as faster enemy projectiles, faster enemy rate of fire, more shots per attack by enemies, higher health for enemies, possibly adding copies of bosses in the same room together, removing player's hit-invincibility, ect.
  • Idea: Optional "difficulty choice" to reduce starting buster slots, from 2 to 1. (one less buster slot than normal, at any given time)
  • Idea: No promises, but there are unused "normal items". New consumables, or components for something?
  • No plot-breaking weapons like drill-walls or such, so all weapons can be shuffled into same pool
  • Specifically pertaining to the MML2 Pokte Village Trivia, instead of whatever insane shit they stuffed into the english version's trivia about history and math and bugs and stuff, we need a hundred question trivia based on the MEGAMAN SERIES! Classic, X, behind-the-scenes development, ect.

Open to any feedback, ideas, or advice, from the community, both RomHacker and LegendsFan alike. Would liked to have gotten a working playable version with at least the base-features done by the 20th Legends Anniversary (Dec.19), but as of this new year, Jan4th, I now have a playable version of my work-in-progress, with any luck completely playable and no gamebreaking bugs! (just broken text)

Special thanks to the LegendsStation for RamHack documentation specifically for Legends, and to RomHacking.net community for all the general PS1 documentation that helped me get here! :beer:, so that I can furnish the Legends fandom with some much needed expansion content since the cancellation of MML3  :'(
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 04:25:11 pm by ShadyRounds »
Apathetic, yet Helpful. :beer:
Project: Megaman Legends Remix

ArkthePieKing

• View Profile
Re: Megaman Legends: Second Quest (Item Location Move/Shuffle)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 01:23:40 pm »
Oh man, this is some exciting stuff! Legends rarely gets the attention it deserves. This would definitely breathe some new life into the game.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 08:08:24 pm »
Heck yeah, this sounds like an awesome hack, It's one of those games I kinda played too often and developed a memory for locations, it kinda makes the game very breakable.
Sleepy's Album of the week|| High Pulp - Bad Juice|| https://youtu.be/6V-BtwkGoaY

ShadyRounds

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 04:57:02 pm »
I appreciate the kind replies. I figure I've nearly cracked this open and have until Dec19, so I really am playing a dangerous game by taking a short weeklong break (taking care of irl vehicle maintenance). I'll have plenty of time to work on it tonight, and hopefully in 1 setting I can figure out what writes to the accumulative weapon-progress (00 00 for no special weapons unlocked, FF FF for all unlocked, from what I understand), and trace it to rom so I can just change both reward and creation to the same item.

I want to go back later and just rig up a working support car instead of the options given, but for now I'll concede it easier to start special weapon development after the pirate town battle, but at least there are 3-4 weapons that can be starting weapons (made by only 1 junkpart).

EDIT: No good, emulator doesn't break at writing to stored weapon value (at least no$ doesn't). I'm still playing around with possibilities, other emulator debuggers, different addresses that are affected (the weapon being equipped to arm, doesn't break either, weirdly enough). Still hopeful.

EDIT EDIT: Actually, the weapon equip does break on an odd number between hex's. I got it to break like that, anyway. So I tracked the value, and after a night of changing 7 values and ripping Volnutt's arm off, I figured out that if I calm down and simply change merely the single value it points to and not every value in the nearby neighborhood of the address, it actually calmly works. ...I still don't have it taking the grenade-kit for the grenade-arm (Factually found out how to, just for it to freeze when I do it "correctly"), and I still can't provide an upgrade screen, and the mines-speech still plays, but this is technically 100% playable now... not like I won't continue to improve it, but this is pretty exciting... (If the grenadekit won't take without freeze, the player can't technically get 2, so it's a bottom-priority until I finish the rough draft)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 09:34:20 am by ShadyRounds »

ShadyRounds

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 08:02:29 am »
Worthy enough update. Took another break for other megaman-related things. Well, I came back and decided to pick a random topic of interest: How Buster-Parts modify the BusterGun's attributes.

I must be getting good at this.

So, I scanned for changing BusterValues in ePSXe1.9.25 using CheatEngine (the ram locations never change in a game loaded in this emulator, even after the emulator resets or the entire computer resets).

I found Attk to be CheatEngine=B40D4C. I rendered the following formula for MML1 (possibly all PSX games?), to be (ePSXe&CE)-(A8B6A0)=(NativeRAM) which means RAM=B56AC. C is Attk, D is Energy, E is Range, F is Rapid.

I ran a Break for RapidFire at B56AF, and found on the second break, that the value loads from RAM=900F6(-199h), or 8FF5F.

Sure enough, 01 is the value at 8FF5F, and a lot of conveniently buster-part-looking values lie in the same area (a lot of 00s, with peppered in 01, 02, 03, and 04's).

Well, changing that location's 01 to 03, now causes RapidFire to always grant +3 when equipped, for the duration of the game.

The 16-byte neighborhood can be searched in ROM, where one finds a result: ROM=F63B7 for RapidFire. From this general location, I can likely change the strengths of all buster parts in the game.

Rebalance ahoy! I'm going to give rapid parts so much rapid, rpd/eng parts so much rapid, attk parts I might even reduce attack power on the farther endgame parts and grant energy instead.

I have to change "buster part description" text manually, but that's easy as hell and has already been established in practice to a point of elementary level work. Another important note, is that rapid is locked at +4 as MAX in the engine (manually forcing the player's rapid beyond it, results in same ROF). So... I'm going to have to get creative about the rapid values and possibly peppering in +eng to go along with +rpd.

Also, my city won the baseball world series 2017 for the first time in the team's 50 year existence. I don't even like baseball, but it makes for good conversation.

November 04, 2017, 08:43:12 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
...and so it is decided. Balance is as follows, because this is the 1 thing in life I actually get to balance so I'ma act like I'm MLG and am god's gift to balancing.
  • Rapid parts always grant +2 for tier1, or +4 for tier2.
  • Sniper units have +rng+atk, buster units have +eng+rng, because that makes way more sense in my head. Any Objections?
  • Everything +Atk has been limited to lower numbers. Only 2 obtainable parts in the game have +3Atk (PowerStream and PowerRaiserΩ)
  • Anything Max (+7), is now +3 for 2 attributes.
  • "BusterMax" is now "OmniUnitΩ" (Atk/Eng +3, Rng/Rpd +2) ; Formerly "OmniUnitΩ" is now "OmniUnit ⧜" (All +2). Easymode eNuff

Ergo:
  • "Power Raiser" (A:+1), "⧜" (A:+2), "Ω" (A:+3)
  • "Turbo Charger" (E:+1), "⧜" (E:+2), "Ω" (E:+3)
  • "Range Booster" (R:+1), "⧜" (R:+2), "Ω" (R:+3)
  • "Rapid Fire" (S:+2,E+1), "Rapid Striker" (S:+4)
  • "Omni-Unit" (A/E/R:+1, S+2), "⧜" (ALL:+2)
  • "Omni-Unit Ω" ("BusterMax") (A/E:+3, R/S+2)
  • "Blast Unit" (A:+1,E:+2), "Laser" (A+2,E+2), "Blaster Unit Ω" (A:+2,E:+3)
  • "Sniper Unit" (A:+1,R:+2), "Sniper Range" (A:+1,R:+3), "Sniper Unit Ω" (A:+2,R:+3)
  • "Buster Unit" (E:+2,R+1), "Buster Unit Ω" (E:+3,R+2)
  • "Power Stream" (A/E:+3), "Auto Battery" (E/S+4)

How this changes vanilla strategy:
  • Attk requires eng/rng/rpd sacrifices to boost and can't be boosted as early either.
  • Rpd is now easy to include with other builds.
  • Eng can be boosted earlier and coupled with rapid will probably be stronger dps than attk, but max-eng is still limited at the top-level parts to reduce maxing.
  • Range is reduced at higher levels, and reduced what includes it with other attributes, so range must be more intentionally equipped.
  • Without BusterMax Omni-Ω, more can be maxed by endgame minus attk, less if maxing attk.
    (WITH Omni-Ω I believe there is at least 1 build that lets you max everything by endgame: Omni-Ω & Omni-⧜ & and whatever random Attk-Eng-Rng part)
  • Lastly, if possible, difficulty can be further increased, by reducing 2 buster slots to 1 (and joint plug granting 2nd instead of 3rd). That way, first half of game is played with 1 part, and later half has to finish while limited to 2 parts.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 08:43:12 am by ShadyRounds »

nks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 09:39:41 pm »
Nice to see one of my favorite games of all time (MML1+2) getting some love. Any added difficulty to them is a definite plus.

ShadyRounds

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 05:00:31 am »
Okay, so still making progress slowly, taking several days off at a time and pecking at it, but I'll have time to do this 3-4 days(nights) a week hopefully for the whole of the holiday. EDIT: I am now switching/adding jobs, so now I may have LESS time to work on it, but the deadline is still a very likely success.

I also have some update. I've changed the buster parts (minor adjustments to those few listed), and I've ran into a problem/opportunity:

Some BusterParts have 4 locations for their textblock, yet others have 2 locations. After being nearly-done, I've discovered why: 2 locations are the store-description (1 for market, one for woods), and 2 are for BusterPartsMenu.

Furthermore, instead of modifying text-pointers in BusterPartsMenu, I can just rob space from the description for the additional space for numbers (not glamorous, but you'd hardly notice). HOWEVER, the shop doesn't have space to rob, which means to do it the "lazy way" (without changing textpointers) i'll have to butcher text for a few of them.

The OPPORTUNITY this provides though, is the store's item locations, possibly the script to grant the items too, and their cost, and it exists INDEPENDENTLY for EACH store location, so the following things might now be possible:

1) Having store sell different items than each other (they already only offer items Megaman DOESN'T have). E.g.: Market sells ChameleonNet but not DefSh, Woods sells DefenseShield but not CamoNet, and WITH THE FREED-UP SPACE the Market now sells MysticOrb and Woods sells CannonKit.

2) If the store knows how to only sell items Megaman doesn't already have 1 of (HyperCart, ShieldRepair, ect), but knows how to progressively sell 99 "ExtraPacks" (canteen upgrades), perhaps I can script it to sell "copies" of extra "HyperCart" and "ShieldRepair" (possibly even progressing prices for each already owned, limit of 2 or something).

3) I might be able to change prices.

4) I might be able to change "when" in game-progression, that a shop will offer an item (in the example above, not offer CannonKit until after Downtown fight but before Marlwolf... or, if such a progress-flag doesn't exist between then, at least not offer it before the class B license)

Anyway, if I am satisfied with fitting text for BusterPart descriptions, I'll release a trial-version soon that just makes the few changes I've already made (buster parts, morality, the location of starting busterparts, the grenades instead of mines).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 04:57:27 pm by ShadyRounds »

ShadyRounds

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 06:46:39 pm »
I apologize for the long-time no-reply after all the hype. Got a 60-hr workweek at my job. Sucks tbh. Considering quitting, all to finish this.

Anywho, I'm stuck at some binary player-inventory regarding special-weapons. Anyone who's a wiz with that sort of thing and feel froggy, pm me. Otherwise I should eventually sort it out. (EDIT: I sorted it, I can now switch it, and this means a working version coming soon and all-in-all being on-schedule for an anniversary playable version)

Something mildly related that I'm tinkering with, is control-remapping for those who felt Legends controls to be awkward. I'll try to move strafing to a joystick, and jump-shoot-specwep-ect to the top buttons so you don't have to use bumpers for movement.

I found this thread, and the replies by @NoOneee, very helpful in that regard. Changing buttons outright would be a success, but somehow being able to keep menu-inputs would be a plus.

https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23114.0
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 01:08:31 am by ShadyRounds »

ArkthePieKing

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 02:45:49 am »
I apologize for the long-time no-reply after all the hype. Got a 60-hr workweek at my job. Sucks tbh. Considering quitting, all to finish this.

Anywho, I'm stuck at some binary player-inventory regarding special-weapons. Anyone who's a wiz with that sort of thing and feel froggy, pm me. Otherwise I should eventually sort it out. (EDIT: I sorted it, I can now switch it, and this means a working version coming soon and all-in-all being on-schedule for an anniversary playable version)

Something mildly related that I'm tinkering with, is control-remapping for those who felt Legends controls to be awkward. I'll try to move strafing to a joystick, and jump-shoot-specwep-ect to the top buttons so you don't have to use bumpers for movement.

I found this thread, and the replies by @NoOneee, very helpful in that regard. Changing buttons outright would be a success, but somehow being able to keep menu-inputs would be a plus.

https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Hey, we all super appreciate all the hard work you're putting into this, but put food on your table before finishing a video game hack. I wouldn't be able to play this in good conscious if I knew that because of it you ended up screwing yourself over. The hack will be here when you have time, and we'll be here waiting when its done. No rush fam. :)

ShadyRounds

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 01:01:04 pm »
I need to lose this job in the worst kind of way anyway. Way too grindy, way too many hours and not a single day off. I'm here on Sunday right this moment, and nobody else bothers to show up but two of us and we're way behind.

I'm planning (as in meant to three days ago), to record some of me back tracking the opcode leading to adding a spec weapon to inventory. It's very convoluted, it'd take some explanation and a video, and I can't find the actual source of the info it takes to run the script to add weapon (same script is called every time a weapon is added or developed). It seems all the registers used are loaded before the script, and when returned and break, it's unclear when the resister is loaded. It's a very long calculation that's probably mostly unnecessary I'm guessing.

They also aren't numbers I'd expect it to use to generate a simple bit add via "and" operation. It's like it does even more math before even getting to that step.

Tracing it FORWARD, taking out some unnecessary code, and making a call to new script that just injects a simple value that I need, is a hacky alternative if I don't feel like figuring this out and an in a rush.

EDIT: Okay, so I caught a kinda-lucky break. I broke ONLY the tutorial support car's ability to award a special weapon. Well, you see, I can choose whether or not it takes an item either. That means, and this is crazy-hacky, but it'll "equip" you with the special weapon, but you'll have to "fo'real-develop" it again later and then also be able to upgrade it. This STILL means this makes the support car tutorial "progress correctly", so I'm moving on finally to a working build. Might even rebalance some special weapons slightly since they'll eventually be randomized anyway, damage and base range on some of them.

I eventually wanted to figure out how to walk with Shield Arm (without one of the hacky methods like specwep-frankenstein or shutter-bumpering). I still want to look into hooking up difficulty into starting screen. There's enemy healths and projectile speeds, possibly a few prices. Now that I'm satisfied with moving on (and can come back to support car in the future; the values I scanned tonight actually load the offsets the support car originally load with but I'm too busy to reroute it to "fully-functional support car" right now.

EDIT: Oh what in the... apparently, side effects of intentionally getting no reward may include but not be limited to, getting a random buster part, losing all your zenny, and pissing off an amateur programmer... Please standby... sigh... UPDATE: Unlucky. There's at least 5 other values that DON'T have those negative side effects (and 5 more that... cause crashes?), so that was easy enough to fix.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:05:29 am by ShadyRounds »

ShadyRounds

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 04:07:03 am »
This job and the flu. They're going to kill me yet. Which is why I'm trying to document my process, albeit semi-obscurely. (here, and in an unrelated discord channel)

New feature finally figured out. That difficulty menu on the title screen available by default on game launch, without having to beat the game first.

Hardest part, was 3 hours of playing the game to get title screens with "easy" enabled so I can compare title screens with it enabled and disabled (via CheatEngine).

The location that enables the menu, is located a RAM Address C1B28 (and "easy" being listed as an option at C1B2A). The OpCode that populates it, is located at Rom Address 67004 (and 6700C), and when changed from "20" (which tells it to fill r2 with 0) to "32" (which tells it to fill r2 with r18), will fill 00 to 02 (not the "correct" value, but triggers desired menu access anyway), which is what I did.

Now, the menu boots for the first time with the difficulty selection. I should throw some numbers into some chests to make it of "meh" playable quality, and release it today, as it is the promised day, the Megaman Legends 20th Anniversary.

ShadyRounds

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2017, 01:59:23 pm »
Well *most* sidefeatures and expanded features seem to go smoothly. However, every time I get to the main business of swapping item locations, I run into various problems.

This time, it's "hole in walls", "garbage pails", and "cardboard boxes". For some reason, at 987B5, the value for the last script invoked is stored. The last NPC talked to, the last Chest opened, the last item examined such as fire hydrant or house door or fruit stand or magazine shelf. Everything SANS the garbage pails and cardboard boxes, which SHOULD store to that value and makes no sense why they wouldn't.

This makes them untraceable by conventional means I were using to change chests and such until now. Which sucks. They're only "sometimes" visible by just casually reading bins as well, they're not consistently writ as such to be read from bins. I'm assuming, as is the case with some chests even, that they aren't writ and the game generates text from a central generic script and fills in item names (it doesn't need custom text in every bin for chests that say 99% the same thing).

Once I wrap my mind around how to fix that, I'll release a playable build, now ever so late mind you, but I'm still excited nonetheless, and hope it's just as good for the end-user once I do get it in working order.

January 01, 2018, 07:17:42 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Hard work and good rum pays off, as I trace the item-filling code to a source (a source I still don't understand, code-wise. Is it a spot in the city? Is it a spot in the main engine? What am I changing?). At any rate, I've finally changed a garbage can reward to another item.

For prosperity's sake, 98830 in Native-RAM, fills to a value of the item being given to you. That is filled upon interacting, from opcode at 128F10 (I traced by No$PSX by highlighting opcode location and "Run to Cursor" and then playing game to trigger a garbage pail giving item), by a location in the ~BF400 area. For Blumbear Parts it's BF3A6, for Broken Motor it's BF496.

(also note, 128F10 is specific to Downtown, AppleMarket turns out to be 109E14, so I just have to "sub-return" from where 98830 breaks on write, to find the value for whatever area I'm working with)

I prefer tracing actual interaction scripts, but when they fail to appear to exist, I now have a backup technique to trace item-giving to it's source.

It's more effort for each and every item in the game, but now with the effort, I am again without (forseeable) roadblocks for a working romhack soon.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 08:23:54 pm by ShadyRounds »

ShadyRounds

• View Profile
Re: (Active&Demo) Megaman Legends Remix (Item Move/Rebalance)
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 05:16:51 am »
I have a playable version published, downloadable at the original top-post.

I've been struggling with the more complex text examples, switching them has been a pain and they are probably still buggy.

I never found a solution to the junkstore reward beside equip the specwep and let the player develop the real item later.

Other than that, it's entirely playable. There's nothing I'm aware of that should break progression, softlock the game, or cause difficulty with any special weapon other than the splashmine which is essentially removed for now.

Changes as of now:
-starting morality is closer to dark
-buster part powers have been balance-adjusted
-specweps are found in a better order; some specweps have new ingredients
-significant items have been moved to new locations
-mainmenu starts with difficulty options exposed

Thank you all for your patience. I'm only nearly a month late as of now, but it's good to finally provide this game with a player-mod. Hopefully I can continue development and expansion.

My next plans include enemy location and enemy-types, dense fog, and working on MegamanLegends2 which won't have any problems with a keyitem specwep like MML1 has had, or even items breaking progress either, so it can be a more chaotic shuffle. To be honest, I have ideas for an animation project in there somewhere, so Legends2 may take the remainder of the year to really get anything out to show for it. I'll probably add it to this thread when it does become a work in progress.

ShadyRounds

• View Profile
Re: (DemoPatch) Megaman Legends 1 & 2 Remix (Item Move/Rebalance)
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 12:47:28 pm »
So I was making notes on what's to come when I do focus my attention on MegamanLegends2:

1) No keyitem specwep, and no plotadvancing specwep, so the entire pool can be shuffled.
2) Busterparts work slightly different, but it only means rebalancing wold be more useful.
3) There is a 100 question Trivia Quiz for a BladeArm part, that asks numbskull shit like US Presidents and how many eyes some bugs have. I am changing it to an actual MEGAMAN related trivia, because fuck yeah I am. That's probably, like, the first thing I'll be changing and patching.

None of this is in the immediate workload to come from me, there will still be a break between my MML1 Remix patch and my work on a MML2 Remix patch, but it's good to mention nonetheless.

ShadyRounds

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 09:55:28 am »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 60 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Guess it's been a while. No new patches to report, but I do have a new thread related to how I have made the currently-existing Legends1Remix patch. Hopefully useful for inspiring beginners.
https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=26229

Oh, and a new video for Legends1Remix gameplay. Added to top-post.

April 30, 2018, 04:23:46 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
As requested in the instructional videos, someone wanted faster player turning speed, faster camera turn speed, ect. I made a patch for just that!

Added to first post in thread. Same rules apply, patch to a legends.img slus_whatver.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 04:23:46 pm by ShadyRounds »

ShadyRounds

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 09:41:06 pm »
The following post was created by Trege of MegamanLegendsStation, in collaboration with my own self:

So me [Trege] and ShadyRounds have a treat for you guys today.

Most of the credit goes to him for finding paprika's npc interactions, all I did was convert what he found into a usable Gameshark code, he's currently figuring out how to restore the scene in the rom itself, but for now we have a gameshark code for it. [the suggestion of a gameshark rig and the entirety of designing it was all Trege btw.]

https://youtu.be/IikZOU38ei8

Thanks also goes to TAU for his debug room code I had to use it as a fail safe to prevent the game from crashing in other areas.

- E00C356E 0005 If Area is downtown
- E00C1B61 0000 if Subarea is 0
- D209FCC8  3A98 if distance from paprika is less than 0.15000
- D209FCCA 0001 if distance from paprika is less than 1
- D00C3584 0005 if NPC08 is on the pole (AKA Tron)
- D00989F3 0080 If Trigger kicks
- 8009FC50 0007 Launch paprika

This is for the NTSC-U Version of Megaman Legends 1 on PS1.
I haven't tested it on real hardware yet, but it does work on the gameshark plugin.
I need to find my PS2 and test it on that.