News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Very challenging button text I can't locate  (Read 3680 times)

LapFeaturingMistake

• View Profile
Very challenging button text I can't locate
« on: September 28, 2017, 08:57:56 pm »
Hello~!

I am stuck on my translation of Air Management '96 for the SEGA Saturn, a venture I'm starting to question the wisdom of. This is my first translation, and please assume that I am dumb as a post. Most of the remaining untranslated text is on these blue buttons, which use a visibly different font compared to others in the game:

So far, translation has been relatively straightforward - Shift-JIS encoding has been used for the game's text, and I have not had to develop one of the infamous 'tables'. Of course, I assumed I now needed to, to find these last difficult bits of text.

Now, I've got every tool you can want, here; wxMEdit, HxD, Monkey-Moore, WindHex, Translhextion, SEARCHR, TableMaker, etc. A wheelbarrow full of them.

I've done relative searches for 'DEMO', 'BEGINNER', 'EASY', 'NORMAL', etc. on every file with a '*BIN' extension on the CD.

I'm relative searching for uppercase-only words, here, but I left the first letter out anyway, just because.

I tried writing it backwards. I tried putting wildcard asterisks in between each letter. I tried writing it backwards with wildcard asterisks in between each letter. I've tried everything I can think of.

I've read at least half-a-dozen very nice guides on how to make tables from the Downloads section of this website.

I've dumped the memory out (the HWRAM where all the good stuff is, and the entire console's RAM) and run relative searches on that, also, but still no results that have proved fruitful.

I've tried debugging it in Yabause, but I don't know what the heck I'm doing. I know a bit of x86 and 6502 (from the Apple II) assembly language, but I've no idea how I would attempt to reverse engineer what the game is doing. I've no idea where breakpoints would go. It all just looks like Chinese alphabet soup.

I've upload the file, here (451KB). Now~, I'm not sayin' you guys should do all the work for me... I'm just sayin'... I'm just~ sayin'... it's there, in case anyone gets curious and wants to look at it.

All text within the game is in this file, I'm pretty sure; every Japanese string I've encountered so far has been in this file, anyway.

Is it actually a graphic? I didn't think so, but I couldn't rule it out.

I checked the screens you can see above with the video hardware debugger in Yabause, but it contains no sprites that are related to the buttons. I attempted to use the video hardware debugger in Mednafen, but it just hangs the emulator. I'm working on getting MAME/MESS up-and-running (awkward Saturn CD BIOS), just as a long shot, in case it reveals something useful.

There are no files on the CD that are named in a manner suggesting they are button-related. None of the image-format files on the CD - that I can read with conventional software - contain button-related graphics.

I created a batch file that ran 'SEARCHR.EXE' ('Search Relative', from 1997) on every file on the disc, just to check. No results in other files.

If I can just find where a couple of freaking letters for one of the buttons is located, I'll be up and running. This is the only technical barrier preventing completion of translation of the game.

I know it's important to figure things out for yourself, and I've tried to do that so far, but I also know I shouldn't avoid asking for help if I'm close to giving up, and we're at that point.

Thanks~ thanks~, thanks~! :D

FAST6191

• View Profile
Re: Very challenging button text I can't locate
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 03:51:55 am »
Graphics and menus are where I would go for this. Menus have also often been seen to act quite differently to the rest of a game.

On assembly if you know two ones already you should be fine. You presumably understand the ideas of program flow (jumps/branches, push/pop, compare and how you would use all this to do each other), general programming maths/logic (general arithmetic and boolean) and enough of the rest to have it all make sense. You may not know every instruction and every quirk but it just means you spend time looking things up.

Even without it being graphics from disc to screen debugging from that position will still get you where you need to go. Find out where and approximately when (right after boot or after the title screen, some other title card....) the stuff there lands in VRAM and set a breakpoint on write to that. If it comes off the disc then you will hopefully find it quickly, if it is text you get to go back through the stages by which it is generated.

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 04:51:01 am »
I second that. I don't know how the Saturn works, but the key is to learn how the graphics work in terms of the VRAM. Generally, the graphics appear on your screen because the CPU told the GPU to place certain values into its RAM. On the NES it's pretty simple since the entire screen is held in just 1KB (not including the other mirrored parts) but the principle should be the same.

If you can figure out where in VRAM the buttons are, you can set a write breakpoint to that place, and then the assembly should give you an idea where that data came from. It's not always straightforward, but it may well be, you never know until you try it. :)

LapFeaturingMistake

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 05:42:52 pm »
You guys are totally awesome for helping me!

I got the Saturn's CD BIOS working. Now MAME does this:

:D OK~... at least we know that we can't use MAME for this. We've cleared that from our mind, and we know the score, now. It's Yabause and Mednafen, all the way.

So, looking at the contents of the VRAM in the Saturn is quite confusing. The Saturn has not one, but two - count them, TWO - video hardware chips, and they're both 512KB each.

But~! All is not lost, because Yabause has some Saturn-specific debugging features that might help us.

The first video chip in the Saturn, called 'VDP1' is used for foreground drawing. 'VDP2', though, is the 'Big Daddeh', which draws the background.

VDP2 has several fixed 'screens', apparently, and a game can turn them on and off, depending on intended usage. There are four 'Normal Scroll' screens, called NBG0, NBG1, NBG2, and NBG 3. Now, Yabause lets you view those screens independent of each other. The buttons only appear on one of these screens - NBG1:

Bigger link

Look at dis juicy information, right here, about NBG1:
8-bit(256 colors)
Bitmap(512x256)
Bitmap Address = 20000
Bitmap Palette Address = 30
Screen Scroll x = BLAH BLAH BLAH

It tells us an address - '20000'. The address in VRAM? Well, probably yeah. And we know it's in VDP2, because that's where NBG1 lives.

Because of how awesome Yabause is, we've managed to narrow our search for the treasure quite narrowly.

(At this point, I did lots of fiddling with the game in the emulator)

So, VDP2's RAM has lots of blank space ('00'), with numerous 88-byte blocks of similar data, at regularly-spaced intervals.

OK, I found where the button is:

Bigger link

We did it! I do declare the top bit of the 'BEGINNER' blue button to start at 05E2687B, and stop at 05E268CC.

Step one completed 8)

(At this point, I continued fiddling, and started to lose my ****)

Yabause has a really nasty bug. If you set a write breakpoint in the CPU debugger, open the Memory Editor from within the CPU debugger window, 'Goto' that address, it will reach the breakpoint and try to open a second CPU debugger window (with the first one still open), and crash.

Mednafen is totally crazy. I can't make head nor tails of what it's doing. It ignores my breakpoint, the addresses are different, the address watch in the CPU debugger doesn't refresh correctly, it's all crazy as hell. I'm done with you, Mednafen.

(More investigation takes place, and I eventually start shouting at the computer, and accuse it of ignoring my breakpoint out of malevolence.)

So, I've got a working write-breakpoint at the address where the button is drawn in VRAM.

It makes three trips, there. The first two appear to be for filling the area with zeroes, presumably in readiness for drawing. I'm no Michael Abrash, but even I can tell it's putting the contents of R0 into the de-referenced address in R1.

Bigger link

But the third and final time it hits the breakpoint looks like the real deal:

Bigger link

Unfortunately~... well... I think I need some advice on what I should be looking for, here. Could anyone tip me-off on how to spot... where the text comes from? Am I just looking for a filename, somewhere, or... ?

I'm not even sure where, in that instruction, it's writing to 05E2687C:

The instruction: 'mov.l r2, @(0x00C, r3)'

equates to(?): 'mov.l 00005A01, @(12, FFFFFF80)'

It doesn't even make sense. FFFFFF80 + 12 is beyond the bounds of the entire RAM. And how does '@(12, FFFFFF80)' somehow equal 05E2687C :huh:.

The manual for the Hitachi SH-2 is drier than reading MSDN.

I need to go simmer down, some, because I've spent all day looking at this and not making any actual progress :-\.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 06:17:21 am »
You are fighting with iffy tools, that or you might have been spoiled by all the other things we have for some other systems (or indeed the PC/X86).

"and not making any actual progress"
That looks like actual progress to me.

"Could anyone tip me-off on how to spot... where the text comes from? Am I just looking for a filename, somewhere, or... ?"
My memory of the Saturn optical drive is a bid hazy but it does have a full governing chip if memory does serve (a variation on another chip that is in there). You will want to get to the point where there is a command for that (if there is compression, decoding, creation* or something involved you might have to go through that in the RAM first). Some systems do things at file level, and others have to associate files with raw locations (and in the case of some playstation games you can get both going on, see some of the audio ripping for Square (Enix) games) and hope someone has a nice hex editor/viewer thing like we have for the DS in crystaltile2.

*if blank tiles or repeated tiles are there

"different addresses in mednafen"
While it does sound like it could be broken it is not out of the realm of possibility that it is dynamically allocated memory.

Also it may be easier to do the whole image/layer or the start of it rather than that specific section. If it is copied from the disc, rearranged in memory and then put into VRAM starting in the middle might not be ideal, and if you have the start of it then it is unlikely to be too different a couple of lines later. Some more broken debuggers can be confused a bit by it as well.

goldenband

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 10:39:06 am »
"and not making any actual progress"
That looks like actual progress to me.

I was going to say, that looks like a heck of a lot of progress from my perspective! I can only cheer the OP on, but it sounds like you're doing all the right things.

CyberWarriorX

• View Profile
    • CyberWarriorX.com
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 12:51:12 pm »
Ahoy LapFeaturingMistake!

Sounds like you're doing pretty good at working this all out :)

The instruction: 'mov.l r2, @(0x00C, r3)'

equates to(?): 'mov.l 00005A01, @(12, FFFFFF80)'

It doesn't even make sense. FFFFFF80 + 12 is beyond the bounds of the entire RAM. And how does '@(12, FFFFFF80)' somehow equal 05E2687C :huh:.

Addresses 0xFFFFFE00-0xFFFFFFFF are the SH2 internal registers. 0xFFFFFF8C is the DMA Channel Control Register 0. It sounds like the code in question is trying to setup a SH2 DMA transfer. Section 9 of the SH2 manual should have the info you need.

LapFeaturingMistake

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 10:23:44 pm »
Hello again, everyone!

I'd like to thank all three of you for your advice and support.

I have been working on this since my last post, and decided that as long as I had something to work on, I would wait before posting further progress (i.e. I would only return when stuck).

I have many words typed in parallel with my investigation, but I shall cut away the fat, and distill for you all the raw ingredients of my post.

We resume where we left over, at 05E2687B - the third and final triggering of the write breakpoint at the video RAM location where the 'BEGINNER' button start.

Much reading of disassembly, and the creation of a spreadsheet tracking register values, took place as I stepped-over a drawing loop of some kind took place.

The loop told me that the data actually comes from '00263258'. Data is being copied from there.

Let us repeat the process at that address.

We find another loop, and another copying routine.

The address '00263258' is where the data actually is.

We now trace it back further, with a new write breakpoint.

At this point, we find the button image data is actually being copied from '00200C9B'.

Things become more difficult, now, as the address '200C9B' is constantly changing in real-time. A write breakpoint on that address triggers constantly, even as we sit in a menu.

My solution was: press the 'A' button to go into the difficulty menu. Pause the emulator so that the previous screen has disappeared, but the difficulty screen has not yet appeared (takes a few goes). Set the breakpoint. Run the emulator.

The disassembly is not copying an entire chunk of bytes over, but it's only grabbing a couple ('E3 F1'), and then using them in a loop to build the button tile.

From here, we learn that those two bytes that are used to make-up the button image tile are coming from '25B740'. There's a memory-clearing trigger, and then the real one. Here is where I am stuck:

Bigger version

The blue-highlighted instruction is copying the data in R09 (which contains 'E3' - part of the image data) to the address in R04.

We need to know how R09 is getting that image data from. The line before makes this clear - copy the data at '25818000' into R09. However, '25818000' is not a valid address.

Although only seven digit-addresses can be given in the Saturn, I have sometimes seen eight-digit addresses used, with the first digit ignored (i.e. considered a '0'); I'm guessing it is that funny sort of... memory-mirroring technique. But, this does not work, here. If '25818000' is considered '05818000', then as you can see, no data is present at that address.

Can anyone tell me what the address '25818000' actually means?

CyberWarriorX

• View Profile
    • CyberWarriorX.com
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 12:08:19 am »
Although only seven digit-addresses can be given in the Saturn, I have sometimes seen eight-digit addresses used, with the first digit ignored (i.e. considered a '0'); I'm guessing it is that funny sort of... memory-mirroring technique. But, this does not work, here. If '25818000' is considered '05818000', then as you can see, no data is present at that address.

Can anyone tell me what the address '25818000' actually means?

The top three bits of the address are related to SH2 cpu cache or onchip registers. Normally you can safely ignore them unless all of them are set(which means an on-chip register access).

0x25818000 is the Data Transfer Register of the CD Block. It's used to transfer data to and from it. In this case it's likely being used to read data from a file on the CD.

LapFeaturingMistake

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 10:55:35 pm »
The top three bits of the address are related to SH2 cpu cache or onchip registers. Normally you can safely ignore them unless all of them are set(which means an on-chip register access).

0x25818000 is the Data Transfer Register of the CD Block. It's used to transfer data to and from it. In this case it's likely being used to read data from a file on the CD.
Thanks!

You know, I Googlely-doodled that address and one of the few results was from your website, Mr CyberWarriorX! Seems you're quite the legendary Saturn programmer :); in fact, I'm probably quite lucky to be having my hand metaphorically-held by you. Hey, I don't suppose I can recruit you onto my one-man team to do this for me? :D OK, just kidding. But seriously, it was cool, and thanks for your help.

Well, I think I've run out of talent. I'm pretty sad to give-up on this, but it was a long shot to try and reverse engineer it. I feel about a million miles away from ever finding how that text ends-up on the screen.

The register R10 contains an address that points to memory with the names of a few Screamtracker 2 files that are on the CD, but nothing in the 'nearby vicinity' of the breakpoint (pictured above) looks helpful to me...

... and I also have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Meanwhile, the game's just like... "I'm twenty-one years old, mother***** - I'm on vacation!"

I downloaded a bunch of Saturn development PDFs from the Internet, including one that covers communication with the CD 'block', but this seems to be written from the perspective of C-language development with a library.

Although I did not mention it in my last post, a byte-level file search of the bitmap data for the difficulty-level button in the game disc located a bitmap (unreadable by conventional software because they're some sort of bootleg, under-the-counter bitmap format). Although there are not enough bitmap files, nor are they named, such that they correspond on a one-on-one basis for each on-screen button, I suppose it's possible that perhaps there are multiple buttons together (like all the difficulty level buttons) clumped as one file, that gets split-up into different buttons in the code. I've downloaded just about every Saturn-specific image tool I can find, but none can read the bitmaps on the disc.

Dammit, I wouldn't mind being able to see those bitmaps on the CD before I put everything away... I hate unfinished business.

EDIT: Me yapping about bitmaps is not helpful. Maybe I should post one of them.

Here's a readable one (just to prove I'm not crazy); it's the background in the screenshots you can see earlier in the thread.

And here's the one where the difficulty-level buttons come from.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 11:11:56 pm by LapFeaturingMistake »

CyberWarriorX

• View Profile
    • CyberWarriorX.com
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 11:54:54 am »
Thanks!

You know, I Googlely-doodled that address and one of the few results was from your website, Mr CyberWarriorX! Seems you're quite the legendary Saturn programmer :); in fact, I'm probably quite lucky to be having my hand metaphorically-held by you. Hey, I don't suppose I can recruit you onto my one-man team to do this for me? :D OK, just kidding. But seriously, it was cool, and thanks for your help.

Well, I think I've run out of talent. I'm pretty sad to give-up on this, but it was a long shot to try and reverse engineer it. I feel about a million miles away from ever finding how that text ends-up on the screen.

The register R10 contains an address that points to memory with the names of a few Screamtracker 2 files that are on the CD, but nothing in the 'nearby vicinity' of the breakpoint (pictured above) looks helpful to me...

... and I also have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Meanwhile, the game's just like... "I'm twenty-one years old, mother***** - I'm on vacation!"

I downloaded a bunch of Saturn development PDFs from the Internet, including one that covers communication with the CD 'block', but this seems to be written from the perspective of C-language development with a library.

Although I did not mention it in my last post, a byte-level file search of the bitmap data for the difficulty-level button in the game disc located a bitmap (unreadable by conventional software because they're some sort of bootleg, under-the-counter bitmap format). Although there are not enough bitmap files, nor are they named, such that they correspond on a one-on-one basis for each on-screen button, I suppose it's possible that perhaps there are multiple buttons together (like all the difficulty level buttons) clumped as one file, that gets split-up into different buttons in the code. I've downloaded just about every Saturn-specific image tool I can find, but none can read the bitmaps on the disc.

Dammit, I wouldn't mind being able to see those bitmaps on the CD before I put everything away... I hate unfinished business.

EDIT: Me yapping about bitmaps is not helpful. Maybe I should post one of them.

Here's a readable one (just to prove I'm not crazy); it's the background in the screenshots you can see earlier in the thread.

And here's the one where the difficulty-level buttons come from.

Hehe. Honestly I just came across your post because someone posted it in #yabause on irc. I figured I knew the answer and had a few minutes. Glad I could help. :)

It's sad if you give up. I got the impression you were making decent progress up to this point.

Here's a link to the Yabause CD Block documentation that should hopefully give you more basic information on the CD Block:
http://wiki.yabause.org/index.php5?title=CDBlock

It's certainly strange they used a BMP extension for the files but it doesn't appear to matter as they aren't BMP file format files.

I spent a few minutes last night trying to see if I could work my way back from vdp2 screen to drawing code in a similar way that you did and I found some code that appears to be decompressing the graphics data. It's checking bits in a magic word value and copies a byte or bytes depending on the value of the magic word. It might even be using the compression library Sega provided to developers at the time.

LapFeaturingMistake

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 12:20:34 am »
It's sad if you give up. I got the impression you were making decent progress up to this point.

Well, it was quite interesting doing reverse engineering, but there's no metric that can be used to measure how close I am; I've either found that text, or not - and I haven't. I'm a loser baby~♪, so why don't you kill me~!♫

If I give-up, it needs to be a proper 'giving-up' - i.e. stick everything in the Recycle Bin and move on; what I mustn't do is, sort of... half-heatedly give-up and let things linger around.

Here's a link to the Yabause CD Block documentation that should hopefully give you more basic information on the CD Block:
http://wiki.yabause.org/index.php5?title=CDBlock
That's some top-notch documentation, right there. It's got samples, and everything. Someone put a lot of work into that.

It's certainly strange they used a BMP extension for the files but it doesn't appear to matter as they aren't BMP file format files.
That's another lesson from you guys that I won't forget - just because a file has a certain extension doesn't mean it is therefore the corresponding format :).

I fenangled with START.BMP, and made everything go funny. The original text is still there, though, so it seems it comes from elsewhere.

I spent a few minutes last night trying to see if I could work my way back from vdp2 screen to drawing code in a similar way that you did and I found some code that appears to be decompressing the graphics data. It's checking bits in a magic word value and copies a byte or bytes depending on the value of the magic word. It might even be using the compression library Sega provided to developers at the time.
Oh~ - you're doing this on the actual Air Management '96 game?

You're a Yabause developer? I heard a rumour on the street (or I might have read on your website), that Yabause is in need of donations.

Hmm~.

So, you're looking into this, doing some work for me, and might need to find the time to do a little more to find that text, and your project is in need of donations?

HMMMM~.

goldenband

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2017, 12:32:52 am »
If I give-up, it needs to be a proper 'giving-up' - i.e. stick everything in the Recycle Bin and move on

Why on earth would you do that? If you've already translated a large portion of the game's text, sharing a partial translation would be far better than nothing at all. Even if you haven't inserted all the translated text you mentioned (it wasn't clear from your post whether it's all in the game yet or not), sharing your work files could help the next person a great deal.

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2017, 03:40:01 am »
Why on earth would you do that? If you've already translated a large portion of the game's text, sharing a partial translation would be far better than nothing at all. Even if you haven't inserted all the translated text you mentioned (it wasn't clear from your post whether it's all in the game yet or not), sharing your work files could help the next person a great deal.

Seconded. How much of the game have you actually translated? The way you spoke it seemed like most of the game was done, just the menus were giving you problems. To dump that would be, frankly, stupid. You'd be better served by making a thread in Personal Projects and giving proper updates, perhaps even work in progress downloads for people to check your work.

And by the way, quit the melodrama, it's getting old. ;)

paul_met

• View Profile
    • Meduza Team
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2017, 07:28:48 am »
I fenangled with START.BMP, and made everything go funny. The original text is still there, though, so it seems it comes from elsewhere.
Right. The first item of this menu is located in the START.BMP file. But this file uses compression. Reading data for the 1st menu item starts at address 0x23F (at least at this address is the very first byte of the image). The address in RAM is 0x25B73F. Good luck.

LapFeaturingMistake

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 03:28:09 pm »
Why on earth would you do that?
Seconded.
Okay, okay~! I did not think people would be that bothered about losing a translation of this rather forgettable game, but here you go here. Just overwrite 1ST_STRINGS.bin with it, in the root of the CD.

What I meant was, if I keep all my translation stuff around, then I'll feel guilty in the future for not finishing it ("Why don't you have a nineteenth go at finding that string, instead of playing a video game?"). If I get rid of it all, then it's not possible for me to return to it, so I won't feel any regret.

You'd be better served by making a thread in Personal Projects and giving proper updates, perhaps even work in progress downloads for people to check your work.
Yes, I was planning to do so - when I knew that I could locate every type of string. I'm not going to do that until I am sure that I can complete the translation, which is not currently the case.

Right. The first item of this menu is located in the START.BMP file. But this file uses compression. Reading data for the 1st menu item starts at address 0x23F (at least at this address is the very first byte of the image). The address in RAM is 0x25B73F. Good luck.
I am really appreciative that you went to the effort of downloading the game and finding that out - but we figured that address out a bit earlier:

From here, we learn that those two bytes that are used to make-up the button image tile are coming from '25B740'.

goldenband

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2017, 04:22:42 pm »
Okay, okay~! I did not think people would be that bothered about losing a translation of this rather forgettable game, but here you go here. Just overwrite 1ST_STRINGS.bin with it, in the root of the CD.

Thanks for making that available.

I'm a fan of Koei games, so there's that, and more generally I'm a firm believer in the idea that there's value in translating every game (it irritates the holy hell out of me when people say things like "That game doesn't/didn't deserve to be translated, you should be working on $COOKIE_CUTTER_JRPG instead"). So hey, on both counts your efforts matter to me. :)

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2017, 05:10:46 pm »
Yes, I was planning to do so - when I knew that I could locate every type of string. I'm not going to do that until I am sure that I can complete the translation, which is not currently the case.

But that's the point: you don't start a thread if you've done nothing, but you've clearly done quite a bit and if you had a thread, people would be able to help. Even if YOU can't locate everything, maybe someone else can.

I'm a firm believer in the idea that there's value in translating every game (it irritates the holy hell out of me when people say things like "That game doesn't/didn't deserve to be translated, you should be working on $COOKIE_CUTTER_JRPG instead").

PREACH! :thumbsup:
Of course you know my views after I've been translating some pretty damn bad Famicom games. :D

LapFeaturingMistake

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 06:09:05 pm »
Thanks for making that available.

I'm a fan of Koei games
No problem. :)

Had this project not been so technically challenging for me, I had pondered the possibility of also translating the game 'Leading Company' - both are from Koei's 'Executive Series'... series.

But that's the point: you don't start a thread if you've done nothing, but you've clearly done quite a bit and if you had a thread, people would be able to help. Even if YOU can't locate everything, maybe someone else can.
It is interesting to see it from your point of view - I had not looked at it from that angle! :)

I made this thread to deliberately target this specific problem; had I posted my issue in a generic progress thread, I felt it may have been more easily overlooked.

If I am unable to know the location of every type of string, then it is guaranteed that the translation will never complete. I couldn't, in good conscience, start a thread for a project that I knew was impossible to finish.

Admittedly, using such logical extremes may be a bit much.

But still~! :happy: