News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Zelda Shadow of Night Easy Version 2.5 - Missing Key???  (Read 484 times)

Gotham

• View Profile
Zelda Shadow of Night Easy Version 2.5 - Missing Key???
« on: September 27, 2017, 10:58:14 pm »
So I love zelda hacks, but when I played Shadow of Night (hard) it was too frustrating and I gave up.

I found the easy version 2.5 and started playing. I have been following the v.1.0 walkthrough cause the dungeons are way too confusing.

When I got to the temple (formally a level in the ocean in the original) I was supposed to be able to find a hidden key inside, but I went to where the key is in the 1.0 version and instead in this 2.5 version, now there is money in that spot, so I have no key to rescue the child and obtain the reflect spell which is needed.

I think I have given up on Zelda 2 hacks. If anyone can help out it would be much appreciated!!!

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
Re: Zelda Shadow of Night Easy Version 2.5 - Missing Key???
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 04:18:12 pm »
I played this game start to finish and had the reflect spell. IIRC, the key you need is hidden elsewhere. Try walking through walls to find secret areas.

Gotham

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 09:57:41 am »
Hi lexluthermiester, Your awesome!!! Thanks so much for confirming there is a way to find this key!! I really appreciate that. I will keep looking. And thank you for the clue. If I get to the point of giving up I hope it would be okay to reach out and ask you. Thank you again!!!

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 10:56:36 pm »
Hi lexluthermiester, Your awesome!!! Thanks so much for confirming there is a way to find this key!! I really appreciate that. I will keep looking. And thank you for the clue. If I get to the point of giving up I hope it would be okay to reach out and ask you. Thank you again!!!
Yeah, no worries. Really think you missed a key somewhere.

IcePenguin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 02:36:22 pm »
Though I'm a bit late to this topic, thought I'd post to clear things up.  :P  I don't visit the Gaming Discussion forum often, so apologies that I couldn't help sooner.

Anyway, this key seems to cause quite a lot of trouble.  Haha.  I've gotten many emails about it, too.  In verion 2.5 I moved the key closer to the location where it is needed.  Before, in version 1.0, it was very far away.  It was hidden in the island palace, so you had to back track a ton.

In version 2.5, I moved it closer to the lost child to prevent that tedious back tracking.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 01:49:29 am »
It's all good. The question Gotham posed actually inspired another play-thru to refresh the memory, which was fun!

Gotham

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 10:56:52 am »
Though I'm a bit late to this topic, thought I'd post to clear things up.  :P  I don't visit the Gaming Discussion forum often, so apologies that I couldn't help sooner.

Anyway, this key seems to cause quite a lot of trouble.  Haha.  I've gotten many emails about it, too.  In verion 2.5 I moved the key closer to the location where it is needed.  Before, in version 1.0, it was very far away.  It was hidden in the island palace, so you had to back track a ton.

In version 2.5, I moved it closer to the lost child to prevent that tedious back tracking.

Icepenguin, No need to apologize and I actually feel privileged to get a response from you. Since I haven't found that key yet, I actually raised my heart, potion, and sword to the highest strength and have been playing the game from the beginning to see if I missed something. I have not yet found the key, because I was re-tracing my steps and sort of just stopped playing. I'm glad I checked the forum because now I will try again to look by the lost child. If its okay with you (like I said to lexluthermiester) I may ask for another clue if I don't find it.
Side note, I really enjoy Shadow of night and think its the best Zelda II hack, so thank you for that. Also love your Journey of A Day but only started it and then started your easy version of Shadow. When I finish Shadow that will be the next game I start up.:-)
Part II and III were too hard for me so I stopped playing them. :-)

lexluthermiester, Thank you for starting to play again to try to find it and answer my question too.

I feel lucky to have this awesome website and forum, where I can converse with Zelda lovers like myself and ask for help.
Thank you both again!!

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 11:23:08 pm »
Icepenguin, No need to apologize and I actually feel privileged to get a response from you. Since I haven't found that key yet, I actually raised my heart, potion, and sword to the highest strength and have been playing the game from the beginning to see if I missed something. I have not yet found the key, because I was re-tracing my steps and sort of just stopped playing. I'm glad I checked the forum because now I will try again to look by the lost child. If its okay with you (like I said to lexluthermiester) I may ask for another clue if I don't find it.
Side note, I really enjoy Shadow of night and think its the best Zelda II hack, so thank you for that. Also love your Journey of A Day but only started it and then started your easy version of Shadow. When I finish Shadow that will be the next game I start up.:-)
Part II and III were too hard for me so I stopped playing them. :-)

lexluthermiester, Thank you for starting to play again to try to find it and answer my question too.

I feel lucky to have this awesome website and forum, where I can converse with Zelda lovers like myself and ask for help.
Thank you both again!!
:thumbsup:  :woot!: