News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Wild Arms 2 Script Dump  (Read 1564 times)

MatatabiMitsu

• View Profile
Wild Arms 2 Script Dump
« on: September 27, 2017, 05:34:22 am »
Hey there!

Another translator buddy and I are very interested in re-translating Wild Arms 2 because it deserves a better translation. However, neither of us are script savvy, so we're not sure where to start with getting the script to translate.

I know there is a Spanish translation, which means there is a tool out there for dumping a script back into the English version, which would work just fine for us once we have our version of the script translated, but first we need to get the Japanese script dumped.

Could some kind soul either grab that script for us or point us in the right direction for doing it ourselves?

gadesx

• View Profile
Re: Wild Arms 2 Script Dump
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 06:42:12 pm »
I made the spanish translation, using part of the english script and japanese (with friend's help),
specially Liz and Ard scenes.

Used windhex in these files:
STGEVT.BIN (main script)
BATL.BIN
MENU.OVR
UTIL.OVR

Only used a tool to translate the names of items, etc of WILDARM2.EXE
few things respect the main script

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 07:38:45 pm »
Something which should be mentioned is that there is an undubbed version of WA2 english floating around.  This is important because the localization took out some VAs.  Like the intro's vocals and a few other minor voices.

gadesx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 09:16:47 pm »
This one by nks:
Wild_ARMs_2_USA_UNDUB_PS1-nks

Guadozoku

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 01:18:16 am »
I did some poking around in there, and you're in for a wild ride. Some of the kanji seems to change depending on where you are in the game. Not sure how many kanji tables there are, but the 8axx part of the table is what seems to change. How much of it, though I'm not sure.