News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Romancing Saga 2 Coming soon to PC and Consoles.  (Read 2003 times)

Kallisto

• View Profile
Romancing Saga 2 Coming soon to PC and Consoles.
« on: December 08, 2017, 04:00:01 pm »
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-12-08-romancing-saga-2-comes-to-pc-and-consoles-next-week

Our long wait is over! We will finally get to play RS2 with newly added features!

Now we have:

Super Famicom Version (Fan Translated), and the official English remake for PS2 of RS1.
The newly added Romancing Saga 2 for english!

All that is left is Romancing Saga 3!

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: Romancing Saga 2 Coming soon to PC and Consoles.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 11:49:22 am »
I wonder if the PC version will be able to be modded like recent Square ports from mobile?

It would sure be great to be able to fix at least the naming errors, if they didn't already.

werewolfslayr925

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 01:48:30 pm »
Super Famicom Version (Fan Translated)

Isn't the fan translation incomplete, though?
As the harbor is welcome to the sailor, so is the last line to the scribe.

- complaint in the margin of a medieval manuscript

RetroGameFan9000

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 06:35:27 pm »
Isn't the fan translation incomplete, though?
He meant for the fan translation of Romancing Sega 1.

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 05:51:42 am »
Finally! Thanks for the reminder.
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

ObiKKa

• Tome of retro gaming knowledge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 09:58:42 am »
Finally! Thanks for the reminder.

Amen to that. I wanted to play it on a dedicated gaming/powerful computing platform and not on one of those mobile tablet ecosystems (Android/iOS). And this now happens.

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 07:51:35 am »
Got the pc version yesterday and sadly it seems pretty bad... the phone icons are still there, my 360 controller sometimes won't register without first going into the steam controller menu and there's no manual or in-game tutorial. It also doesn't seem to improve on the interface of the original much at all and the music is the same as on SNES (which had great music but still).

Main improvements I've noticed are the higher res (easier to orient yourself and plan your movement in dungeons for example), the removed "much shorter vision while running" mechanic, and a quick travel feature.
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

thr

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 02:21:22 pm »
Got the pc version yesterday and sadly it seems pretty bad... the phone icons are still there, my 360 controller sometimes won't register without first going into the steam controller menu and there's no manual or in-game tutorial. It also doesn't seem to improve on the interface of the original much at all and the music is the same as on SNES (which had great music but still).

Main improvements I've noticed are the higher res (easier to orient yourself and plan your movement in dungeons for example), the removed "much shorter vision while running" mechanic, and a quick travel feature.
it looks they've released the update which removed phone icons and stuff, but it introduced some new bugs so they've rolled it back. guess it should be coming soon enough.

and yes, you can see monsters while running, but if you're attacked then your formation is broken. so you kinda have to walk around monsters anyway.
also, I've found that it's enough to turn off/unplug the controller and plug it back in with the game running for it to start working.

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 08:40:09 am »
Oh cool, guess I'll pick it back up soon.