News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: CastleVania (nes) level 2 spikes removal.  (Read 393 times)

xXBelmontXx

• View Profile
CastleVania (nes) level 2 spikes removal.
« on: September 17, 2017, 07:11:34 am »
Hello!

I'm currently working on a Castlevania rom hack. I was supposed to get help from someone about this but the person has not replied to me in nearly a month.I'm pretty eager to get this finished and released so thats why im asking for help here.I'm asking because i honestly have no clue how to do this.The programs i use to modify the game wont let me do this.

The project is just about done however theres 2 things that i would like to be removed from the game before releasing it. Anyone familiar with the first castlevania will remember those moving spikes in level 2 (moves up and down). I'd like to have those removed.

Second thing is in level 6 there is one of those ''pressure sensitive'' areas that you walk on and makes a flashing bag of money pop up. I'd also like to have this removed. If anyone has the abilities to do this it'd be greatly appreciated.I will put your name in the credits if you'd like. The game features new graphics , new sprites , new music and new stage designs.

Heres some screenshots of the game :

Thanks!

Bob789

• View Profile
Re: CastleVania (nes) level 2 spikes removal.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 08:11:22 pm »
Sorry to say, but I don't have the skills necessary to do this for you. But, I do want to say, I loved the first Castlevania and this looks really good.
No joke. I am really excited to play this, hope you are able to finish it

ventuz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 11:14:50 pm »
I'd like to help and be part of hacking community, but I'm busy. What I've found so far in Lv 2 spikes:

They're background (not sprite).

RAM Address is 0154, 0156, 0158

They still hurt if you frozen address memory. So about the part to "remove" I'm not sure. Can you alter background sprite look like spike and make them disappear or made into something else? I was gonna try find way to remove the hurt part. Maybe I can look into it tomorrow.

Can you provide savestate on level 6? (bizhawk emu)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 08:33:06 pm by ventuz »

xXBelmontXx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 09:19:03 pm »
I'd like to help and be part of hacking community, but I'm busy. What I've found so far in Lv 2 spikes:

They're background (not sprite).

RAM Address is 0154, 0156, 0158

They still hurt if you frozen address memory. So about the part to "remove" I'm not sure. Can you alter background sprite look like spike and make them disappear or made into something else? I was gonna try find way to remove the hurt part. Maybe I can look into it tomorrow.

Can you provide savestate on level 6? (bizhawk emu)

Thank you for your interrest and for willing to help. The problems i had were actually resolved and im currently working on the final touches.

September 28, 2017, 09:21:29 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Sorry to say, but I don't have the skills necessary to do this for you. But, I do want to say, I loved the first Castlevania and this looks really good.
No joke. I am really excited to play this, hope you are able to finish it

I'm currently working on it , the problems i had were resolved so expect a release within 1-2 week(s).