Here is a small news page about the next Chrono Trigger hack, Chrono Trigger 1.01.
It is a small project when compared to other hacks on this site, but it is meant to add some more fun to your next playthrough. It's name implies that the changes from the original game should be considered an "update" of sorts, rather than a "mod" that makes large changes to graphics, the story, or big things like that. Everyone has a personal or private version of the game, and this is simply the author's version.
Here are some of the main features:
- Some dialog changes and most tech descriptions use a compromise of community sources, paraphrasing, and the original text (NA).
- The “6-Letter Name” and “CronoNick” patches have been applied. [see Readme file]
- Enemies are only slightly harder because there are other, better hacks for that.
- It's no longer Uncle Sam mode. $ rewards have been reduced significantly.
- No-levels and low-levels games have been taken into consideration, so it should still be legitimate, EXP-wise.
- A wallet is hidden in Porre, if you want to play a NLG. Take a few rides on the ferry to reveal it.
- Some SPC songs from the pre-release game have been added, without having to replace existing ones.
- There are now two versions of Magus (the castle fight). One for NLGs/LLGs and one for NG+ and MUCH higher levels. The AI scripts for both have been changed, so this is the main feature that is different from stock.
So without further delay, here is the main page for you:http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3620/RHDN Project PageRelevant Link