News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Chrono Trigger 1.01  (Read 1229 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Chrono Trigger 1.01
« on: August 25, 2017, 07:32:24 am »
Update By: lurker170801

Here is a small news page about the next Chrono Trigger hack, Chrono Trigger 1.01.

It is a small project when compared to other hacks on this site, but it is meant to add some more fun to your next playthrough. It’s name implies that the changes from the original game should be considered an “update” of sorts, rather than a “mod” that makes large changes to graphics, the story, or big things like that. Everyone has a personal or private version of the game, and this is simply the author’s version.

Here are some of the main features:

- Some dialogue changes and most tech descriptions use a compromise of community sources, paraphrasing, and the original text (NA).
- The “6-Letter Name” and “CronoNick” patches have been applied. [see Readme file]
- Enemies are only slightly harder because there are other, better hacks for that.
- It’s no longer Uncle Sam mode. $ rewards have been reduced significantly.
- This hack is designed with no-levels and low-levels games in mind, so LLGs can be completed legitimately.
- A wallet is hidden in Porre, if you want to play a NLG. Take a few rides on the ferry to reveal it.
- Most of Spekkio’s forms can still be reached, even at low levels.
- The Octorider enemy makes an appearance in NG+.
- All of your fair stuff carries over to NG+ also, similar to how character stats are suspended/restored.
- Some SPC songs from the pre-release game have been added, without having to replace existing ones.
- There are now two versions of Magus (the castle fight). One for NLGs/LLGs/average normal games, and one for NG+ and MUCH higher levels. The AI scripts for both have been changed, so this is the main feature that is different from stock.

So without further delay, here is the main page for you:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3620/

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:51:50 pm by MathOnNapkins »

pianohombre

• View Profile
    • My personal website of short stories and comics
Re: ROM Hacks: Chrono Trigger 1.01
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 09:52:03 pm »
Any chance this will be ported over to the PS Vita?
One small step for man,
one giant leap for mankind. -Neil Armstrong

The Fang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 06:52:30 pm »
Pardon the delay, pianohombre.
I'm the type that likes to get business settled, first.

Well, I actually needed to lookup what is the Vita. It's some sort of handheld gaming device. So, someone else would have to do what you ask. (Sorry)

A prophet is only without honor in his hometown.
 -Jesus

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 02:48:16 pm »
Pardon the delay, pianohombre.
I'm the type that likes to get business settled, first.

Well, I actually needed to lookup what is the Vita. It's some sort of handheld gaming device. So, someone else would have to do what you ask. (Sorry)
To be honest, I'm not even sure what is even being talked about here.  Either he's bringing up an emulated SNES version (can the Vita do homebrew emus now?  If so you don't need to do anything) or the PS1 version via PSN.  Which I wonder is even possible.

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 03:46:50 pm »
I think the Vita has the PS1 version, and neither that nor the DS version are very well documented.
Mauron wuz here.

pianohombre

• View Profile
    • My personal website of short stories and comics
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 10:45:37 pm »
Anyone know if this game was released with a graphics update on a different system? I know they released the same copy of the game onto the PSX with some FMV added, but it would be nice if they did a graphics haul, and maybe changed a few things so old fans could playthrough it again. I liked this game quite a bit more than the unofficial Chrono Cross sequel.
One small step for man,
one giant leap for mankind. -Neil Armstrong

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 12:40:57 am »
The DS version has some new content, as well as the FMVs introduced in the PSX version, but it's graphically similar to the SNES version.
Mauron wuz here.