News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Little Nemo Dream Master - A Wonderful Wand Edition  (Read 1782 times)

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
    • 8-bit fan's Hacking Projects
Re: Little Nemo Dream Master - A Wonderful Wand Edition
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2017, 02:23:22 pm »
I completely agree.  The potential is sky high with this game.

Also if the animals are being downplayed in this version, perhaps in the future we could work on another version which heavily favours the usage and is designed with them more in mind.  While the animals are definitely a main feature of the original game, and a lot of parts are specifically tailored to them, some parts feel kinda forced or mundane, or you barely get to use the animal, etc.

I particularly enjoyed the Bee platforming levels and mechanics, but also kinda wished the Gorilla and Mole sections were more interesting and lasted longer.

I'm getting ahead of myself and am still really looking forward to your version being released but it was just food for thought. :)
Hi para! :)
Sure, that sounds like a cool idea also! However, I have a lot of other projects that I need to do also so maybe somewhere down the road! :)

Regarding the animal usage, I agree that many parts of the original game dropped the ball on this one. They're either uninspired or under used...and some animals and the need to constantly change from one to another in the original can be outright annoying at times. Given the fact that I've overhauled the game to use Nemo and the Wand much more, many animals that use a regular attack(gorilla, mouse) have been greatly reduced as Nemo can do the same with the Wand weapon...plus it has the charge attack! But I did leave in the more interesting ones such as, like you said, the bumble bee and the fish, etc. I tried to make the animal riding in this hack more unique and interesting! ;) Hope it all works out and you and everyone will enjoy the hack! :thumbsup:

Cheers!! :beer:

8-bit fan
In the year of 200X, a super robot named Mega Man...

para

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2017, 12:36:12 pm »
Sounds awesome man.  I have a ton of ideas and projects on the go as well but maybe that will come into play at some point, or I'll just mess around with it to get better with the Editor.

Either way, looking forward to the release of your game!

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2017, 03:01:06 pm »
Sounds awesome man.  I have a ton of ideas and projects on the go as well but maybe that will come into play at some point, or I'll just mess around with it to get better with the Editor.

Either way, looking forward to the release of your game!
Thanks para and sounds good! :)
It's very close to ready, I just need to play through the game several more times to see if there's anything left to fix/adjust! ;)

Sta tuned! :thumbsup:

8-bit fan

Fei Wong

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2017, 08:32:25 am »
A wonderfull classic of my childhood, i truly love this game, and this hack looks amazing, can't wait to play it! Always felt that Nemo had to use the Wand whenever he wanted but instead only could at the end, the hack's level designs also looks interesting! Keep up the good work!
Cheers from Spain. :woot!: :thumbsup: :beer:

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 02:30:19 pm »
A wonderfull classic of my childhood, i truly love this game, and this hack looks amazing, can't wait to play it! Always felt that Nemo had to use the Wand whenever he wanted but instead only could at the end, the hack's level designs also looks interesting! Keep up the good work!
Cheers from Spain. :woot!: :thumbsup: :beer:
Hi Fei Wong and thanks for the kind words! :)
You'll definitely get to use the Wand much more in this hack! Hope you'll enjoy this hack once it's released! I should have it ready sometime this week! :)

Cheers and have a great day! :beer:

8-bit fan