News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy IV - Ultima  (Read 12795 times)

chillyfeez

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IV - Ultima
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2019, 06:55:09 pm »
Wait - if this is true:
Edge (one weapon on either hand):
Base Attack Power = Weapon's Attack Power
Then wouldn't the end result be 255 attack power if the weapon's power is 255?

Does this issue not crop up when anybody else equips the weapon? Because if this is true:
All single handed characters:
All Weapons that Don't Involve a Bow and Arrow:
Base Attack Power = Weapon's Attack Power + Str/4 + Level/4
Then shouldn't a 255 power weapon overflow with a one-handed character, too (assuming strength and level are both over 4)?

At any rate, if you're ok with capping the value at 255. I could probably make that happen. I've never looked into how the game actually goes through its algorithm to set attack power, but it shouldn't be too difficult to screw with it a little.
Ongoing project: "Final Fantasy IV: A Threat From Within"

Latest Demo

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
    • 8-bit fan's Hacking Projects
Re: Final Fantasy IV - Ultima
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2019, 07:36:39 pm »
Wait - if this is true:Then wouldn't the end result be 255 attack power if the weapon's power is 255?

Does this issue not crop up when anybody else equips the weapon? Because if this is true:Then shouldn't a 255 power weapon overflow with a one-handed character, too (assuming strength and level are both over 4)?
Good point. I guess then the question is if this "Base Attack Power" ever exceeds 255 internally. If it really caps at 255, then there's no issue making it 2-handed. However, a player wouldn't be able to equip a shield with it which is something I wouldn't want.
At any rate, if you're ok with capping the value at 255. I could probably make that happen. I've never looked into how the game actually goes through its algorithm to set attack power, but it shouldn't be too difficult to screw with it a little.
That'd be great if you could take a look! Thanks in advance and I'd credit you of course! :)
If you'd like, I could also send you a file with a 255 weapon equippable by Edge to test this out.
Wonder if capping it would cause issues with other attack algorithm though...

February 17, 2019, 05:45:41 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Huge update!
Ok it's finally done and submitted to the site! :)

What started out as a small, simple update turned into a massive one that had me creating, testing, and spending weeks of my time this past month to inplement a bunch of new stuff to the hack! ;) Here's a short list of what's been added(from readme.txt):
Dark Knight Cecil now dual-wields and is 2-handed!! Have fun! :)
3 new enemies! 2 bosses and 1 regular enemy.
5 new boss fights! 1 just before half way and 4 at endgame.
3 endgame weapons now obtainable in final hidden area of the game instead of relying on ultra-rare drops.
2 new shields!
1 brand new OP endgame weapon that requires finding hidden path and defeating optional OP boss to acquire.
Brand new hidden areas at endgame that contain new weapons and bosses!!
New areas at endgame!
Certain characters can now equip more weapons!
Plus many more minor changes and edits.
Saves from previous versions WILL GLITCH. It's advised that you start a new game.

And with said, some screenies:

Snake Rattle 'n' Roll!

Better break out that sunblock lotion!

Hmmm...how do I get there?

That knife...is floating on nothingness...

Oh yeah!!

Omega?

Ooooo...save spot!

Yes! I got here!

Yeah, that's a leap of faith alright...

Do I really have to choose between the girl and the sword?

Hope you all enjoy the new content!! :D

Cheers!! :beer: :thumbsup:

8-bit fan
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 05:45:46 am by 8.bit.fan »
In the year of 200X, a super robot named Mega Man...