News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Help with Japanese text  (Read 1029 times)

sics

• View Profile
Help with Japanese text
« on: August 16, 2017, 07:48:38 am »
Hello I was wondering if anyone knows what it says in the red box, there is already an official translation, but I suspect it is incorrect.

Thank you very much!

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
Re: Help with Japanese text
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 09:52:27 am »
My guess is "Fierce Battle of the Cyborgs", but I don't know how else it was translated.

azoreseuropa

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 08:04:49 pm »
The japanese: 烈戦人造人間

The word Cyborgs is incorrect, I believe. The better word to use is: Androids. To make something more obvious: Fierce battle of the Androids.

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 04:04:45 pm »
The japanese: 烈戦人造人間

The word Cyborgs is incorrect, I believe. The better word to use is: Androids. To make something more obvious: Fierce battle of the Androids.

JDIC gave me "robot/cyborg". Literally means "artificial person". If android is better for that purpose, it's up to you. ;)

USC

• Obviously Outdated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 05:36:53 pm »
The Funimation dub of Dragon Ball Z used "Android"... but "Cyborg" would probably be a better descriptive translation. :)

Corvo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 08:59:55 pm »
烈戦 = fierce battle
人造人間 = Artificial Human

There's some confusion about the term cyborg/android because neither is actually correct; all of Dr.Gero's creations are called "Jinzouningen", but some are Androids (16, 19), while others are Cyborgs (17,18,20). Cell is also called an Artificial Human, although he's neither an android or cyborg. So the correct translation (given the context) is Artificial Human.

If you're translating this to English, then Androids is the more accepted term, even if it's not correct.

sics

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 02:29:25 pm »
Many thanks to all, I think it is better to use the title localized, equally confuses me that it is "of the" and not "against" is that correct? (I do not know what the game is about, it was an request from another user)

Spoiler:
Muchas gracias a todos, creo es mejor utilizar el titulo localizado, igualmente me confunde el que sea "de los" y no "contra los" ¿eso es correcto? (Desconozco de que se trata el juego, fue un pedido de otro usuario)

danke

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 03:26:50 pm »
Many thanks to all, I think it is better to use the title localized, equally confuses me that it is "of the" and not "against" is that correct? (I do not know what the game is about, it was an request from another user)

Fun fact: The Japanese doesn't specify. It literally says 烈戦 = Fierce Battle and 人造人間 = Android. So there is no "correct" way.

Most Dragon Ball Z titles are really really awkward in English.

In fact, 烈戦 was used before in a movie title. ドラゴンボールZ 燃えつきろ!!熱戦・烈戦・超激戦 - aka "Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan". Literally, it would be "Dragon Ball Z: Burn Up!! Close, Intense, Super-Fierce Battle".

sics

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 02:33:09 am »
Thank you it is excellent to have so much support, all the information was very valuable, I hope to achieve my goal :thumbsup:

Spoiler:
Gracias es excelente poder contar con tanto apoyo, toda la información fue muy valiosa, espero lograr mi objetivo :thumbsup: