News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 1130 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: August 09, 2017, 08:41:09 pm »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Bug Fix
Complete
Improvement

Relevant Link

Zynk

• Submission Reviewer
  • WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 08:58:49 pm »
Does the Mega Man VII Restoration hack only triggers Auto's lab talk? Roll and even Dr. Light's lab talk doesn't seem to trigger.  :huh:

rainponcho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 10:26:18 pm »
Uhm. Crap. I gave the wrong patch to SCD. I'll have to rebuild my part of it and send it over.

Sorry about that.

Zynk

• Submission Reviewer
  • WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 09:36:20 am »
I presume you have based the texts from this? http://www.rockmanpm.com/?p=original/rockman7/labtalk

However, it has two major typos, namely:

1) BROACH >> BROOCH
As a noun, broach refers to a tapered cutting tool or a hole made by such a tool. The noun brooch refers to an ornamental pin that's usually worn at the neck. The two words are pronounced alike: brōch (rhymes with coach).

2) NAVAL >> NAVEL
Naval is an adjective meaning of or related to ships, shipping, or the navy. Navel is a noun meaning the mark on the surface of the mammalian abdomen where the umbilical cord was attached during gestation—i.e., the belly button.

Other than those, here's some personal nitpicks:
a) "A E CAN". "A W CAN" and "A S CAN", I'd like to suggest "AN E-CAN", "A W-CAN" and "AN S-CAN".
b) ENERGY EQUALIZER, its usually known as ENERGY BALANCER.
c) In the shop. In "This is the Search Rush...", should be Search Adaptor. "This is the Rush Jet...", should be Jet Adaptor, since Auto may be selling adaptors rather than Rush. But I'd understand if its space limitations though.
d) Auto's fireworks dialog. The DON and PA words should be BOOM and POW since its English onomatopoeia. "...SEND THEM OFF" should be "...SET THEM OFF.: since you're "setting off fireworks", not "sending off fireworks".
e) Roll's WAA should be WOW. Megaman's Crush Noise dialog, STRICT should be BRUTAL (maybe not, sounds meme-ish). :D
f) The infamous "MORE THAN A ROBOT... DIE WILY" quote. For US version nostalgia could be alright, I guess?
g) US weapon names >> JP weapon names, e.g. Thunder Bolt >> Thunder Strike, might need to edit out the weapons menu and get weapon screen text, too.

Anyways, thanks for this hack. This is the ideal release of Mega Man 7.

FWIW I had made a Rockman 7 English translation patch a while back.  ;D

rainponcho

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 10:56:41 am »
Correct. Rockman Perfect Memories script was used as the base.

I'll let SCD decide on everthing else since I mostly just do consultant asm hacking work and offer up suggestions.

Unless it's my own personal release, then I get to decide what goes in. :)

But thanks for pointing these details out! I wasn't aware of any of them (other than Die Wily!) and thought okay. Although I think the patch is meant to be fully compatible with the MM7 Refit hack so I'm not sure how they'll jive. o_O

Joseph Lithius

• Lv. 33 K-176 Unit
    • View Profile
    • JosephLithius @ Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 06:16:35 am »
I gotta say... the way you guys implemented a "cutscene skip" for the intro stage is, uh... interesting.  Heh heh heh heh.

It's pretty neat that this hack is compatible with my hack, too.  I mean, as far as I know.  I haven't tested it or anything but I'm assuming you guys did.  Otherwise, why would that specifically be mentioned?  ;3
I'm not that hard to find... if you know where to look.
-=( http://josephlithius.tumblr.com )=-