News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: RomPatcher.js  (Read 5048 times)

marc_max

• View Profile
Re: RomPatcher.js
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2019, 02:53:13 am »
You know, this could be a really good tool for novice users. We get so many people coming who don't seem to get the idea of patching and what they have to do. If they could just click on a button on the site which opens a dialogue box where they select their ROM file and it saves a patched version using the one in the database... that would be excellent (assuming that's what it does). It'd be useful for most of us, actually, but especially newbies, since it'd be hard to mess it up. :) Great job!
Integration into RHDN should be easy, the only big change they need to do is to upload patches uncompressed. Even I could get zipped patches working with a library like this one if there is enough interest.
Then a small change in my Rom Patcher JS would do the rest.

I liked the other logo better, because it doesn't take up half the screen:

Thank you for your feedback.
Can you post a screenshot of how it looks for you?
The logo takes up half the screen intentionally purely for aesthetic purposes. The apply/create window was already very small in first versions, so I wanted to fill up the rest of empty space and make it look like a modern app.

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2019, 09:35:52 am »
Half the screen? This is what I'm seeing it's not even close to half the screen...

https://i.imgur.com/ZjqD68Q.png

marc_max

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2019, 01:37:11 pm »
Zipped ROMs and patches support is coming!
Can't promise an estimated date, though.

I'll try to work together with RHDN during this summer, so we can get the patcher implemented in the site and users will only need to drag and drop their ROMs in order to patch them!

marc_max

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2019, 01:57:39 am »
And zip support was added at last!