News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database  (Read 1180 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« on: July 17, 2017, 11:46:52 pm »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

English
French
German
Greek
Indonesian
Italian
Korean
Polish
Portuguese
Romanian
Spanish

Relevant Link

nesrocks

• View Profile
Re: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 11:38:54 am »
Man, that portuguese translation seems so off. Was this google translated? Can someone talk about the other ones (for SMW)?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 12:40:40 pm »
"New Translations Added to the Database: Super Mario World and a couple other games" :D
Sir Howard Stringer, chief executive of Sony, on Christmas sales of the PS3:
"It's a little fortuitous that the Wii is running out of hardware."

nesrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 12:53:32 pm »
The screenshot says, retranslated back to english:
"Welcome! This and Land Dino. In this strange land we think that Princess Toadstoll has gone missing again! It seems like Bowser is back!"

Not to mention it doesn't have all portuguese characters like é (it just uses e). In this case I'd try as much as possible to choose words that don't use those characters, especially when the resulting word means something else. "é" means "is" but "e" means "and".

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 01:17:18 pm »
Man, that portuguese translation seems so off. Was this google translated? Can someone talk about the other ones (for SMW)?

The German one is fine. They are all by completely different authors anyway, not by the same person. I think someone just searched for all available SMW translations and gathered them (for whatever reason).
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

nesrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 03:59:40 pm »
Strange, the game has already been translated, it can be found here: http://www.romhackers.org/modules/PDdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=28&lid=347
That version has all characters and seems to be well done. Weird to pick a random existing translation.