News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Mega Maker (Mega Man Maker) released!  (Read 2860 times)

SleepyFist

• View Profile
Re: Mega Maker (Mega Man Maker) released!
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2017, 01:31:09 pm »
New version of MM is up, thought maybe it would make my Heat Man Remix playable but still no dice,
went ahead and uploaded Nine Rooms anyway, give it a try if you're interested,
it's a difficult challenge map but hopefully not to hard.

Anyone want to list their top 2 levels in MM right now?

I've spent most of my time with MM in the editor portion, so I don't really have any top picks for levels, the ones I played that came out early day-one weren't very good.
Sleepy's tune of the week: Degiheugi - Opening Credits - https://youtu.be/dGZmQQ8YDkk

pianohombre

• View Profile
    • My personal website of short stories and comics
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2017, 03:39:05 pm »
Thanks SleepyFist. I'll download it and check it out. The example levels so far are pretty good. It would be nice if they had a feature that let you browse games by the field 'Most Played' or 'Highest Rated'.

I created a level called MEDIUM ROBO LAB, if anyone would like to check it out.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 06:21:02 pm by pianohombre »
One small step for man,
one giant leap for mankind. -Neil Armstrong

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2017, 03:52:54 pm »
Is it this Medium Robo Lab? I'm not seeing your exact title in the list.

Yeah a better search feature would be nice, and the option to erase entire screens rather than one tile at a time.

Played a level called Casm Man Medium, it had a lot of bad bits but overall it was pretty good, had a -2 rating.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:00:37 pm by SleepyFist »
Sleepy's tune of the week: Degiheugi - Opening Credits - https://youtu.be/dGZmQQ8YDkk

pianohombre

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2017, 06:21:39 pm »
yes, it's medium robo lab. apologize for typo
One small step for man,

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2017, 07:33:16 pm »
Not bad, kinda short and you could have done better than that wall of Sniper Joes before the boss room, ran out of M.Blades on my second run and got ass whupped by Pharaoh Man.

pianohombre

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2017, 08:56:48 pm »
Someone on youtube was reviewing MegaMaker levels and complained sniper joe kind of slows down the run-through. He suggested hammer joes instead. I played your level took me 5 or 6x to get to the boss. I'm not sure what people like. I think I'll look through some classic MM games and try and mimmick one of those stages.
One small step for man,

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2017, 09:59:03 pm »
Thanks for the feedback, I was worried it might be too difficult, any suggestions for better balance?
For me it's just a bit on the difficult side, but I made the dang thing so I know all the patterns already.

pianohombre

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2017, 01:03:29 am »
I agree it was pretty difficult. Just roomfuls of enemies is definitely different. It took me awhile to figure out I could just drop down a few ledges, because one of the rooms had a fake door. Only suggestion is maybe take out a couple of those turrets. 3 or 4 rooms of high HP enemies, plus flying enemies, and 2 turrets is pretty difficult to traverse through.
One small step for man,

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2017, 09:38:15 am »
Cool, thanks, some of those turrets were actually added as last minute adjustments before I uploaded, I'll be sure to chill out on the bullet hell next time.

pianohombre

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2017, 06:35:12 pm »
You may want to try tweeting about your level. I just tweeted that I had made a level with the hashtag #megamaker and someone had played the level and reviewed it on youtube. Pretty neat.
One small step for man,

A.D.R.I.A.N

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2017, 09:31:19 pm »
This game looks fun. Maybe I'll try it out sometime.

pianohombre

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2017, 07:44:44 pm »
It looks like there is a way to browse by rating, or by most played. Just click the title bar while browsing and you can select different options.

I'm not sure if it has always been included or they added after version 1.0. Cool feature. I downloaded a few top rated, most played levels, and tried the worst rated stage also.

I just released a new stage called "Move It". You can also search by my username on the site: Divinecomics. If you check it out let me know what you think. Thanks.
One small step for man,

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2017, 04:06:54 pm »
If you're reading this and are the guy I've been emailing about recovering my account, yes I am Dr Velious.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 05:34:54 pm by SleepyFist »

pianohombre

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2017, 05:07:41 am »
I'm trying to unlock Protoman in Megaman 9. You can either enter a code or beat the whole game. I beat 3 of the Wily stages, then got to the Boss Rush this morning, then I had to shut it off to leave for work. This evening I fought Wily a couple times, but I have to restart because I need some E-tanks. He's in 3 different forms, and if you game over you have to do the Boss Rush all over again.

During the regular gameplay you just beat one boss, then it lets you save. It's totally old-school Megaman and you can't use a save state since there's no emulator. At least in Megaman 10 you can go to the shop during a Game Over. It's pretty brutal. I need a break.
One small step for man,

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2017, 09:03:54 am »
Yeah, Megaman can be pretty brutal, I tried to marathon the games via the legacy collection a couple times,
usually take a break to rest my hands and forget to come back.

pianohombre

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2017, 04:39:53 pm »
Yea I just picked up MM Legacy Collection 2; it was just released. I was about to get 9 or 10 from the PSN store so why not get all 4? It has some fun music to go along, and more challenging than most Mario games. Although I'd probably get anniversary collection for ps2 rather than Legacy Collection 1.

Probably the best looking level I've played so far, on Mega Maker, is Megaman of Persia. I'd like to try and make an easy level that looks good and tone down the challenge. Less than 10 people have played my levels lol. I think you need to join their forums and submit your levels to get people playing them, and a good review.
One small step for man,

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2017, 10:29:02 pm »
I've actually been hopping over there occasionally, mostly to screw around with the Pronto Man thread.

When i have a few more levels done I think I'll post them all at once, get some feedback and then use that to polish them before uploading,right now I'm working on asm stuff and Nine Rooms 2.

I kinda screwed up above and said Legacy collection when I meant Anniversary,
I got the Gamecube version after playing it at my uncle's place when it came out,
for some reason I was really enamored by the game selection screen where you can run around.

Good News! The update fixed my remix level! I'm still worried about overtaxing it
but for now I'll see if I can push it far enough to finish the main route.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 10:38:52 pm by SleepyFist »

Spooniest

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2017, 01:50:22 pm »
Me and my two brothers just finished our first collaboration on a Mega Man level.

"Cobalt Mountains" by Spooniest:

Give it a go. Can you find the way to the secret stash of powerups? Muwahahaha

pianohombre

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2017, 11:01:14 pm »
I just downloaded Cobalt Mountains. I'll try and post a review after I play it. Look for it in the next few days.
One small step for man,

pianohombre

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2017, 08:05:27 pm »
Played Cobalt Mountains. Pretty short. Only edit I'd suggest is to have that optional area, relink to the main course, before the boss fight, so you don't have to back track. Pretty cool level other than that. Not too difficult, and not hard on the eyes.
One small step for man,