News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Final Fantasy IX, FF: Evil Mist Rebirth (Discontinued)  (Read 3719 times)

Atrushan

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IX, FF: Evil Mist Rebirth
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2017, 09:47:51 am »
True but didn't know if that'd change anything or not

vivi_carol

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2017, 04:45:46 pm »
No bugs, nothings. No bad changes nothing.
Okay my current progress as of right now:

Update:
Now includes workable, non-buggy, HD battle backgrounds and NPCs with lossless detail, no "oil-paint" feature.

*Update*
11 new models, including a new Beatrix model boasting a CGI style model.

Whole new set of weapons.
From FFXII to fit new mod settings.
Includes bow and arrows now.

22 new FMVs rendered in 1080p to fit the new setting.

3 new Menu designs~2 for EMR, 1 for EMR Vanilla version II.

Extra features including:
Evil Mist Rebirth: Vanilla Version II - with Vanilla PSX sound Mod and PSX vanilla character sprites. (Useable with the vanilla version of FFIX)

Other Evil Mist Rebirth features ranging from different teasers of my personal game, Evil Mist Rebirth.
And extra side-game, "Mist Resurrection". The string of events after the initial events of Evil Mist Rebirth.

CGI music videos for >teasers< approaching the release of EMR, I love to do on the side.
3 of these feature Beatrix.
2 of these feature revamped FFIX characters redesigned by me.
Spoiler; one of these features both my characters and FFIX simultaneously.

Current Progress?
Vanilla Version Sound Mod nearly complete.

Models:
9 of 11 models finished. Just finished up the new Beatrix model yesterday. No screenshots until all are finished.
13 of 22 FMVs completed.
Other movies not done.

Extra Scenes/Hunts:

2 out of 42 total hunts completed. Generally, I want all 42 hunts implemented but with some limits, it may not reach 42.
So, extra scenes and hunts are split for reach-ability.

Usually, a release would be held off until a Memoria-HW compatibility comes as Memoria has features that are must-haves, as well as the scaled UIs.
But if it cannot come soon enough, there'll be an update after the initial release with said features/fixes etc.

Okay, my blueprint progress, laid out. Back to work.

The "Disc 5" setting is a hope in the future, but not an easy go for.

August 14, 2017, 03:55:18 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJMPIVh-yvk

Extra Scene from FFIX:EMR.
Currently the longest running scene so far.
Compatible across all fields Disc 1-4, no bugs.
Check.
No errors.
Check.

Manipulated field camera angles in this version for a 'teaser'.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 03:55:18 pm by vivi_carol »

vivi_carol

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 06:11:57 am »
Party Update:
Based on player's progress, you'll have the option to have any character ranging from all 12:
"Zidane"
"Dagger"
"Vivi"
"Freya"
"Steiner"
"Quina"
"Eiko"
"Amarant"
"Beatrix"
"Cinna"
"Blank"
"Marcus"

fight alone for greater experience and even more challenging diffuclty.
It's now possible to have Beatrix fight solo throughout Disc 4, Memoria except the final boss.

*EMR Only*

Tiny Spoiler:

One player has the ability to achieve "permanate trance". <Hyperactive state> -- trance bar disabled.
A method worked only for this character merging all their abilities to higher set.
It will be for this character only.

vivi_carol

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2017, 12:47:33 am »
Little Update,
Memoria+HW functions working simultaneously??
I got widescreen support and faster battle swirl. Font edit and BattleFPS whilst keeping >some< of Hades Workshop's functions intact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-dgAgR65B4

?????

vivi_carol

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2017, 03:18:26 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZhI1KqvtGc
Finally! Everything's complete.
Now onto more important matters.

September 13, 2017, 02:37:32 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
BOOM

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2df68zcu7ov37m/EMR+Van.+Vr+1.3.zip

Vanilla Sound Mod Done.
I figured, waiting until EMR gets fully completed was gonna be too long so...
Yeah.
That's not all...

Final Fantasy IX, Facing Fate Evil Mist Rebirth-Debut v. 1.1:
Released.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3n9t8w55ax5fvnt/Facing+Fate+Evil+Mist+Rebirth-Debut+v.+1.1.zip

Of course way earlier than expected, FMVs and Models are not completed yet. But a model importer will never come anyways and I've been busy with other things, and Tri3fecta's already done with me, so, I'll just update the mod if anything else turns up, including Memoria-HW compatibility hopefully one day.
If a model importer shows a bit of progress, I may have the drive again to finish the outfits, but not now.

I used the free time I had today to prepare EMR's initial, Version 1.1 release. Took waaaaaay longer than expected, but I got it done, and now my free time's up.

If a Model importer comes, an update is made. 10 out of 11 models are done. One of them, I keep on changing her outfit, cause I can't decided which one's best tho, like... anyways.
Memoria-HW compatibility: update comes. etc.
(When I have the time)

Here it goes:

Hi! If you found the mod I decided to share in the 'archives', I do hope you enjoy it, as much as I did making it. Everything in this mod was done from the heart. If I have free time more often, I'll update possibly.
Remember this mod is bringing a new experience to FFIX players. Please, do keep that in mind if you play it.
And please, Do NOT come to me saying:

"I don't like the music choice OR can I change the music~no you may not.
The music was selected by me and only me because I liked it and that's what matters.

And lastly, remember, if you know you're not gonna like it, leave it alone, don't play it, and continue on with yourself.
And if you do like it, that's what matters the most, you had fun!

*About save files:
Of course you can, but it may cause a bunch of glitches and missing abilities and make things feel, out of place. Like Alternate Fantasy, start a new game and get the full enjoyment.

Do not use the vanilla sound mod with this either, it will not make any sense.

*If you've found this mod, and shared it, don't even forget where it originally came from. That's all I ask.

Credits:
*See in game credits.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 02:37:32 am by vivi_carol »

vivi_carol

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2017, 04:52:07 pm »
Final Fantasy IX, Facing Fate Evil Mist Rebirth-Debut v. 1.2:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/skoese1qh0ycw4e/Facing+Fate+Evil+Mist+Rebirth-Debut+v.+1.2.zip

*Update*

Zach & 'Vivi' scene~ 'Grandmother's assistance'.
Fixed
Difficulty altered.

Increase Damage Limit Removed ~ Difficulty increased dramatically.

Steiner's "Flame Purge" fixed.

Black Magick, "Celestial" fixed.

September 25, 2017, 01:05:02 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Final Fantasy IX, Facing Fate Evil Mist Rebirth-Debut v. 1.3:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dxkysv7mytaaudn/Facing+Fate+Evil+Mist+Rebirth-Debut+v.+1.3.zip

Final Update

"Vivi"'s Resplendence fixed.
Deniece's Northswain's Glow fixed.
Concurrence Quickening(s) fixed.

Yiazmat difficulty increased.

James's "Pyroclasm" altered.

Kevin's "Element of Treachery" altered; Concurrence Quickening.

Zach's Fulminating Darkness altered.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 01:05:02 am by vivi_carol »

vivi_carol

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 07:23:47 am »
Updated
Good moderate news; I gained some more free time to work on the 2 video renders this past weekend and I've been crazy busy on it to get it done. Kathy has the 7 EMR main characters + the extra model: "James" done which, to this moment, I still don't understand why she wanted this one... Anyways, now she's helping me hasten the process of Beatrix. My sincere thanks to her for that. I currently have Rydia done; finished her yesterday.
Beatrix is the last one, y'know, save the best for last. I hope to have it done (and I'm just assuming based on current progress + free time) sometime in the upcoming months.
Until then and for now; Tri3fecta let's another vid for EMR ~ Beatrix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shwFyc24qeM

The Vanilla Sounds Fix also has an update and I've been looking into that battle swirl bug mentioned earlier.
Also, there is an updated FF9 battle theme provided by Tri3fecta. I'm not sure what's the difference; it's sounds the same to me but it's supposed to be exclusive, I guess.

vivi_carol

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2017, 02:20:31 am »
FF9 Sound Mod major update:

EMR Vanilla Sound Mod Version 3.1:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/79vuyviw0wgxcdo/FF9%20Vanilla%20Sound%20Mod%20Ver%203.1.zip?dl=0

New server, less hassle.

*Note:
Botched sounds still exist in the PS4 version.

Fixed Ramuh - Non-Boost Version sfx.
There is an issue with Amarant's physical attack sfx, not only is it used by the enemy as well, but it also has a mandatory, random pitch which makes it sound either lower, or higher for either enemy or Amarant. Currently I cannot oversee this effect; if there comes a way to stop this effect, there'll be an update.

Enemy Fixes:
Ogre: "Entry/Die"
Ash: "Entry/Die"
Mistodon: "Entry/Die"
Lamia: "Die"
Silver Dragon: "Die"
Plant Brain: "Die"
Abadon: "Die"
Lizardman: "Entry/Die"
Vice & Magic Vice: "Entry/Die"
Meltigemini: "Die"
Maliris: "Die"
Skeleton: "Entry"

Weapons sfx including: Zidane, Steiner, Blank, Marcus & Beatrix.
[Jump-Spear/Trance-Spear], [Thunder Slash], [Stock Break], [Climhazzard], [Shock] already fixed since version 1.1.

*Note:
The game engine layers some weapon sfx over each other to present a sword slash sfx. In this matter, Zidane's thief sword attack will play Steiner's Sword slash sfx. Much the reflected magic, these parameters are not editable currently. I don't like the engine doing this, because it interferes with the proper sfxs like Zidane's thief sword.
I could "silence" the sword slash, but in that scenario, Steiner's sword slash will be blank and play nothing, whilst allowing Zidane's theif sword to play without the layer.
Nevertheless, Zidane's theif sword sfx is fixed.
Beatrix is the same; it's layered with Zidane's Thief Sword Slash. Again, if I were to silence the thief sword sfx, well, y'know that wouldn't work out.

Eidolon Summons including Leviathan and Atomos and Ramuh. (Boost)
Now includes vanilla resources.assets with fixed, missing enemy death sfxs.

November 03, 2017, 12:55:02 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
This mod has been discontinued prior to The Zodiac Addition.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:55:02 pm by vivi_carol »