News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Final Fantasy IX, FF: Evil Mist Rebirth (Discontinued)  (Read 3711 times)

vivi_carol

• View Profile
Final Fantasy IX, FF: Evil Mist Rebirth (Discontinued)
« on: July 05, 2017, 07:05:35 am »
This mod has been discontinued prior to The Zodiac Addition.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:54:56 pm by vivi_carol »

ArkthePieKing

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IX, FF: Evil Mist Rebirth
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 03:20:21 am »
Wow, this is some seriously intense work! Bravo! I'm really impressed. Do any of the new characters have Trances?

Tenkarider

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 02:22:09 pm »
3 questions:
1) is this mod only for steam version?(same question for alternate fantasy)
2) so Evil Mist Rebirth And Alternate Fantasy are two different mods? any particular difference between the two?
3) there's also this mod: http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/files/file/28-final-fantasy-ix-unleashed/
    do you know about this mod? in case, i'd like to hear about differences, even knowing a comparison among them
    about how much harder they are  :)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 04:51:13 pm »
Hey, this sound business was another gripe I had over the ported version!  Nice to see a fix!

Does any part of this mod look at Thunder Slash?  I'm curious about how it's dealt with.

vivi_carol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 05:15:26 am »
Hi all!

@ArkthePieKing

Thanks!
No unfortunately Beatrix, Marcus, Cinna still no trances; I mean... if I give them a trance, what will happen is, they'll do the same transformation; but remain as their default model; no flashing, but their commands do change, and they have an "invisible" trance bar meter. Which when it runs down, the game soft locks because it'll try to load a model on them that isn't valid. Hopefully Tirlititi will make it work out.

@Tenkarider
1. Yes only for steam version for now, I've begun working on psx version; save after vanilla verion of FFIX's sound mod. (I catch some errors unfinished).

2. Yes these two are very different. I worked with Tirlititi at the beginning to get rolling with the extra scenes Evil Mist Rebirth has, after that, I learned it all; and started doing tons on my own now!Thanks to Tirltiti.
SImialr to Aletrnate Fantasy; all of it's features and hidden scenes is still in Evil Mist Rebirth, so you won';t miss anything in Alternate Fantasy here.
The major difference; Evil Mist Rebirth comes with two sound mods; one for the vanilla version of FFIX, and one suited for Evil Mist Rebirth. New models, characters, sprites, tables, and FMV all made by me to fit a debut of my personal game: EMR.
It also still includes the recruitment of Beatrix; and her learning support abilities to make more use of her; Evil Mist Rebirth has the recruitment of also Marcus and Cinna as permanent characters, freely able to switch back between Eiko and Quina for player freedom.

3. Yes! I know that mod; Evil Mist Rebirth was built off both Alternate Fantasy and Insane difficulty; making this mod the Extreme insanity difficulty.
Example are, most enemies that orngially groups of 1 or 2, are now groups of 4.
Spolier: The Plant Brain battle has 4 enemies now, all with immunities and magic x2. But ...still possibly as say that much!

@Chronosplit
Yes, Thunder Slash has been fixed! It now also hits the enemy TWICE.

Update:

The newest extra scene-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOXAP8qjYd0

The epitome of puzzle-like extra scenes now.
This extra scene, however, is cut into two parts; part 2 which is not shown in the video.

July 07, 2017, 06:12:53 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
The characters in mod Evil Mist Rebirth are not the vanilla characters: Zidane, Dagger, Steiner, Vivi, Eiko, Amarant, Beatrix, Marcus and Cinna; this is to be clear now.
All this was done for myself first and furthermost; I didn't start this to gain no social gratification; posting these videos, no I did all because I enjoyed it; I'm deciding to share it along with the Sound Mod fix for the vanilla version.
It doesn't faze me if no one likes my models or character profiles.
Just know the Sound Mods fix for the vanilla version will come.
Now that's all cleared up~little me, back to work!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 11:06:58 am by vivi_carol »

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 11:13:19 pm »
hope you get it working for psx version.

vivi_carol

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 06:07:42 am »
*This was the side project started on vicv for the same plot; only with FFIX psx sprites, and vanilla characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLnYy5nibt0

If it does come to psx version it won't be nearer as good because there you compatibility issues with psx limits them with steam PC.
I bring all PSX to PC.

That above was started a long time ago with vicv.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 08:19:06 am »
Wait, why would PS1 need a sound fix?  Unless I'm misunderstanding something.

vivi_carol

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 08:31:53 am »
I think @selius referring to Evil Mist Rebirth.
Which trying to make a vanilla character version out of it; isn't going to make much scene; as the story's revamped to fit a debut; new character's reliving the vanilla character's past.

But people must prefer to see the vanilla character sprites; even though my sprites in those videos are old and I've since replaced it anyways with my artwork ones.
But, it is what it is. First and further most; mine will come first before anything; then a sensible Evil Mist Rebirth-Vanilla version will come.
Luckily the idea of it had crossed my mind before; heaven found it my archives.

ArkthePieKing

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 10:20:45 pm »
Thanks for the answer! This might be a silly question, but as a quick and dirty fix could you just make a copy of each of the trance-less characters' models, so when they try to load something it'll just be the same thing? Its really cool that they can even have a somewhat functional Trance though!

vivi_carol

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2017, 10:55:08 am »
@ArkthePieKing
Not that simple. Something more with script needs to be handled for this situation to be fully workable, and there are no RESEVRED spaced to import new models for this situation. One would have to get replaced.
This may remain a gray area for a while.

Cinna+Marcus+Beatrix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VmXxyAId6Y

In that version, the majority of gameplay has heavily altered, and 7 extra scenes are not available.
All extra scene videos are not present in this version.
Difficulty is also reduced in this version.
This version is played with the vanilla sound mod with all vanilla psx sounds, no custom ones, not shown in this video~not completed.
*Raw video, not at my PC right now.*

Atrushan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 02:44:32 pm »
So I'm on my phone and don't have time to watch as video or anything. So you said Beatrix and the others can LEARN abilities in this mod? Did you do this with Hades or the other tool?

vivi_carol

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 08:29:35 pm »
Learned abilities with Hades.
Gameplay related things done with Hades;
all the others; models/UI/sounds, other tools.
Memoria for importing some sounds.
UI: mine.
Majority of sounds with UnityEx
models; no model importer yet.

July 15, 2017, 11:48:27 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Blank is now a obtainable, permanent character.
Concluded.
The Tantalus crew are now all obtainable, permanent characters + switchable with their counterparts respectively.
This is for both versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiac5ogwUl4

Some Update (Sound Mod):
Some infos about having two sounds file (p0data62+63.bin & p0data64+65.bin) to allow the player to switch between having the original sfxs and the custom sfxs simultaneously in game in the settings menu.

Some other Update info:
First model importer/second custom backgrounds~importing custom walk meshes.
Reserving space for importing custom backgrounds, and a possible Disc 5 setting.

blueprint
Final Fantasy IX®: Evil Mist Rebirth Disc 5
is continuation to the story of Final Fantasy IX®, and a debut to Facing Fate, Evil Mist Rebirth.
Disc 5 has new game play, locations, story, settings and elite marks, and at point does not revisits any locations from the previous discs, or FFIX common fields. Differently from the four previous discs, Disc 5 has two stories:
The events after the end of Final Fantasy IX®~leading to the complete debut of Evil Mist Rebirth.
wanted bestiary work slideshow, sound player etc.....
erase old data (D-4), restore anew?

July 17, 2017, 12:12:06 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Last one for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrwmEWPl7KE

Shit, I'm gettin' far, forget that.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:12:06 am by vivi_carol »

vivi_carol

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2017, 01:53:21 pm »
About some sound; two things everyone has encountered now:
Chocobo's "crunchy" beak sfx & the (how could imitate this sound?) the "Vrrrrrrrrrrrrm" it makes when reflected magick versus playing the spell sfx.

These two sfxs are in game now, and I've gotten the reflected sfxs fixed, it plays properly when magick is reflected like on psx.
Chocobo's crunchy beak, I got it working in the Forest, but not in the air garden???
Dunno what difference is, but I'm working on it.

Atrushan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2017, 09:56:27 am »
Was the program fixed to where it made abilities able to be learned by the non permanent characters or something? I know it's semi off topic but the last time I used it the abilities tab didn't work right for them and the creator thought it had something to do with them having no AP stat at all

vivi_carol

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 09:23:02 pm »
Oh yes, master Tirlititi has fixed it all! The one bug that is relative still, is the fact of having Cinna/Blank/Marcus learning abilities will cause their relatives: Eiko/Quina/Amarant to learn theirs respectively, but I have used an alternative to bypass such occurrences; it's in both mods EMR and
Vanilla Version II!

July 27, 2017, 04:43:18 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
EMR Vanilla Sound Mod Version 1.1:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/etyfxjb9tj457zt/EMR+Van.+Sound+Mod+Vr.+1.1.zip

Replace "X" with a period "."

*Note:
Is still linked with:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/377840/discussions/0/2132869574273925728/

*Updates still upcoming*
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 05:16:54 pm by vivi_carol »

Atrushan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 12:25:17 pm »
That is amazing news! So what about instances where Beatrix bugs the game?

vivi_carol

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2017, 12:37:43 pm »
Beatrix bugs the game??
Oh, you mean the trance? If trance, no trance still, that's a no go.
Unless your careful with the alternative. (fake her to a "trance" and do not let her end her "trance") which also means a sacrifice in using her furthermore in battle, and you couldn't tell how much progress her "trance" has because, there is no bar.
Anyways, I think everyone would like to know she's got a new High poly model+render made by me, ready to be imported as soon as a model importer comes. HW just had a update and Tirltiti is working hard on it!

I'm not finished with my other models/poses for this occasion so I'll hold of on that, but! This is the original render from deviantART I made from inspiration.

I like it, a lot.

July 29, 2017, 11:59:46 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Vr. 1.3 coming soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxipWcoAW-c
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 11:59:46 pm by vivi_carol »

Atrushan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 09:52:18 am »
I remember a few bugs when gamesharking her in the game. Certain times when she's in the party would crash the game iirc. Last boss fight I think was one. There was a guide on the specific rules you had to go by to have her in the party.

vivi_carol

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2017, 12:27:08 am »
Well this is no gameshark, she's embedded into the game naturally, along with the other 3.