News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Last Bible 3 Translation Project  (Read 2874 times)

Tom

• View Profile
Re: Last Bible 3 Translation Project
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 10:33:45 pm »
I'm glad the in-dialogue pausing effect is popular. The more games that use it, the better!

Black Iris asked about the differences between Last Bible and classic Megaten. I'd have to say the general fantasy atmosphere and art direction are pretty obvious differences, as well as the fact that there aren't any first person dungeons, Last Bible S aside.

I'd say that Last Bible S is Megaten mixed with Wizardry, and the rest of the Last Bible series is Megaten mixed with "Lufia."

ginbunbun

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 10:43:15 am »
Dude I love Lufia 1 and 2. Thank you for working on this. I'm even more excited now.

praet

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2017, 04:55:29 am »
Thank you for taking on this challenging project Tom. The music in that intro is gorgeous - piece that begins during that cliffside flashback.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2017, 06:58:41 am »
The project has been incredibly fun so far, but I'm sure it'll be a pain once I get to the negotiation text. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

The main problem is that I have so many projects to work on, each with their own obstacles, in various stages of completion, most of them pretty much fully translated, but not "done" by any means.

elmer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2017, 05:22:29 pm »
I'm glad the in-dialogue pausing effect is popular. The more games that use it, the better!

Thank you for mentioning the pausing trick, you talked about it at the perfect time!  :beer:

I knew that I was missing something important in the LoX translations, but since the original game didn't use any pauses, I just couldn't figure out what it was that I was overlooking.

Everything looks much nicer now that I've added that capability to the game code, and modified the script-compiler to generate the new script-codes.  :)

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2017, 12:40:48 am »
I'm pleased to hear I inspired you to add that last little bit of flourish to your LoX translation projects, Elmer. Can't wait to see your work in action!

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2017, 07:02:18 am »
Here's an update:

https://twitter.com/RetroTranslator/status/904294866120695808

DDStranslation has done some great hacking work with the beast conversations - I've translated all of the response options, and about one fifth of the actual negotiation text is also translated and inserted.

TCgamerboy2002

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2017, 08:52:19 pm »
Here's an update:

https://twitter.com/RetroTranslator/status/904294866120695808

DDStranslation has done some great hacking work with the beast conversations - I've translated all of the response options, and about one fifth of the actual negotiation text is also translated and inserted.

That's good to hear. :) Translating any game in the Megami Tensei series alone would be very difficult, especially when you have to do demon negotiations.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2017, 08:28:07 am »
Fortunately, the simple negotiations in Last Bible III are much less daunting than Persona 2's were in terms of size, though LB3's negotiations are partially pieced together on the fly, which comes with a unique set of challenges.

On a side note, the enemies in Last Bible are called "beasts" (majuu) rather than "demons" (akuma).

* Note: Ironically, they were called "monsters" in the official "Demon Slayer" translation.

"Demons" do exist in the Last Bible world, but they only appear under certain conditions. (Play Last Bible II to find out more about that.)

TCgamerboy2002

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2017, 04:59:30 pm »
That's actually an interesting tidbit. I did not know that.