News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: The Legendary Starfy [GBA]  (Read 15226 times)

Asaki

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Re: The Legendary Starfy [GBA]
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2017, 08:36:55 am »
I don't care if it's Starfy or Stafy, either way would be really cool to play this in English.

I've played it a bit before, it's pretty cool. They say you can enjoy it without being able to read the text, but it would be awfully nice to know what's going on =)

Torchickens

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2017, 02:13:53 pm »
Hi pablitox are you OK if I help?

I changed my mind since our last messages so I'll be happy to contribute translations for you to add into the game. You can contact me on Discord at Torchickens #3213.

(I actually worked on some of the script for Starfy 1 independently last year but stopped re:concerns, it was a lot like what has been shown in this thread.

https://sites.google.com/site/torchickens2/densetsu-no-starfy-translation-project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQuNZDIAloc)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:28:42 pm by Torchickens »

pablitox

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2017, 08:06:09 am »
Hi pablitox are you OK if I help?

I changed my mind since our last messages so I'll be happy to contribute translations for you to add into the game. You can contact me on Discord at Torchickens #3213.

(I actually worked on some of the script for Starfy 1 independently last year but stopped re:concerns, it was a lot like what has been shown in this thread.

https://sites.google.com/site/torchickens2/densetsu-no-starfy-translation-project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQuNZDIAloc)

Definitely :D thank you!
Re taking hajimari no ishi!

pablitox

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2017, 08:39:58 pm »
With the job being split between torchickens and jamie, the translation is going at full throttle.

Here are some pics:

Torchickens

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2017, 09:30:05 pm »
Definitely :D thank you!

You're very welcome.  :)

Here are a few more screenshots:

Work on the stages should continue (so far we've done up to about halfway through Stage 2), in addition to menu text and the text you can access from there, like from the γŠγΎγ‘! menu, the first 'bad' ending, sound test and more to come.

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2017, 10:05:39 pm »
It looks really good, you're doing a great job on translating the game to English.

Keep up the great work.

rainponcho

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2017, 11:14:42 pm »
Awesome superb sauce from the team. Right touches so far. And most importantly for me, it's very readable and easy on the eyes. :)

Normmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2017, 12:14:37 am »
Wow I never thought my work on this game would actually get used  :beer:

It looks great... if you guys need any hacking work done let me know.

also is it me or is the text background color wrong?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 12:22:52 am by Normmatt »

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2017, 12:22:34 am »
Those screenshots look GORGEOUS! :thumbsup:

pablitox

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2017, 08:11:20 am »
Wow I never thought my work on this game would actually get used  :beer:

It looks great... if you guys need any hacking work done let me know.

also is it me or is the text background color wrong?

Ghanmi suggested changing the game's font, though I'm not sure if that will actually interfere with the VWF or not:

Have you considered changing the font to something that's not Verdana? Probably the Yoshi's Island font or something similar, I mean. It would fit the Japanese font's feel much better.

I think it'd be necessary to change the font bmp and then the vwf to accomodate the lengths (unless they stay the same which is fine too I think).

Btw, which text background color's wrong? I didn't really notice the difference while playing the JP version (then again I didn't actually test anything so I could be wrong too).

Those screenshots look GORGEOUS! :thumbsup:

thank you :D

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2017, 05:42:32 pm »
That looks amazing. I always wanted to try and play this game, because it looks so similar to Kirby to me. I don't know why.

That being said, I also hope that in the future Densetsu no Stafy 2-4 (the fourth one being the DS one) also get translated.

Normmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2017, 05:40:43 am »

Notice how the black background behind the text and the actual black background where there isn't any text? its different shades of black.

pablitox

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2017, 08:51:31 am »

Notice how the black background behind the text and the actual black background where there isn't any text? its different shades of black.

Indeed, the shades differ. It also happens in the JP version, the text-box shade of black has a bit of green and blue, whereas outside of it, it's pure r0 g0 b0.

Torchickens

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2019, 07:54:51 am »
A big update: Thanks to a great amount of work from Higsby, the text has been translated! The graphics still need to be translated however. Pablitox dumped them a while ago, he welcomes any help and you can contact him on Discord (pablitox #3000) so that you can be added to the team if you want.

What needs to be checked is formatting, and typos need will need to be fixed. I'm unsure if there are any significantly hindering bugs (I noticed a formatting error in one of the texts from either Lobber's Cave or Coral Reef which slipped), so any feedback would definitely be welcome.

Here is a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo1RVJ5tcPs

Here is the latest IPS patch for a public beta (named starfy 1 translation text only April 14 2019.ips at the bottom of the page):

Enjoy :)

kingsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2019, 07:59:57 am »
Awesome! I've been waiting for this news. Keep up the good work!! :thumbsup:

Shade Aurion

• Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2019, 01:51:04 am »
Oh man, I can't wait for this. I was wondering if anyone would do this. I had no idea it had already been in the works for years <3

Torchickens

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2019, 08:13:37 am »
Pleased both of you like the project (though most of the work was by Higsby not me! I only did a few texts in comparison even though I promoted it through videos and things.).

Awesome! I've been waiting for this news. Keep up the good work!! :thumbsup:

Thanks! :)

Maeson

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2019, 12:38:15 pm »
I took a small peek at the patch, and it looks pretty nice, and it's great to see the project continue!

I found a couple of things, one is I think the Lobber's text formatting error. The other one, is what I think untranslated text, here are screenshots:

The second one can be seen if you go back to Herman right after talking to him the first time (after he sends you to find his shell, before bringing him the first item you find). The other times you go back before doing what is asked, the text works fine, it's only this one time.

Keep up the great work!
I'm off for some time. If for some weird, strange, and important reason, you need to talk to me, just send me a PM and probably I'll read it whenever I come back.