News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Translations: Ganbare Goemon Gaiden: Kieta Ougon Kiseru patch is out!  (Read 2425 times)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: Ganbare Goemon Gaiden: Kieta Ougon Kiseru patch is out!
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2017, 08:02:45 pm »
I hope that someone can add that to the TCRF page.
Well, I think that translated ending credits roll page could be very useful to add on as a link to the credits fix hack page, what do you think, rainponcho?
I think you may be misunderstanding the point of TCRF. It is not to catalog bugs in games.
It is catalog unused content in games, or content that was changed between revisions/regions within the same console. I think the only sort of bugs that should be reported there are the kind that made INTENDED content inaccessible.
Sir Howard Stringer, chief executive of Sony, on Christmas sales of the PS3:
"It's a little fortuitous that the Wii is running out of hardware."

Griever_GF

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 11:02:48 am »
My acquaintance found an untranslated text in current version - when you drop some food into the lake west of Dango, girl appears, and she says garbage phrases.
You can check it in this video: https://youtu.be/etCb-S_FbnU?t=160
(I also mailed that info to the translators directly)

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2017, 10:50:30 pm »
Oh yeah, there are plenty of bugs in the original version of this game. I didn't introduce any (well, I did at one point, but was able to fix it). Here's the list of bugs that I remember. I asked my testers not to report them as errors with the translation patch, because I checked and encountered all of them in the official release, too: http://fwibby.16mb.com/

I don't intend to include any fixes that anyone might make for those bugs as features of this translation, as I feel that a translation should just be text edits only... with the obvious exception of fixing this game's credits.

I think that being able to see the credits is important, even if they're just in Japanese. The people that worked on this game deserve to have their names shown for their effort. As for translation, someone else already did that (http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/nes/b/goemongai1.htm). Note that the way their mock-ups look probably wouldn't be reproducible in the game, you'd have to make the text much smaller to get everything to fit properly.

That was me.

While the english text you see on the images was added with an image editor, I did get the original Japanese text to display correctly thanks to a hack a Japanese guy named Mini4Rider did for me in 2010. I still have the .ips file is anyone wants it.