News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Kirby's Dream Course Romhack - Work in Progress  (Read 575 times)

CatnipPhilosophy

• View Profile
Kirby's Dream Course Romhack - Work in Progress
« on: June 03, 2017, 12:56:51 pm »
Sup

I'm working on a full level replacement for Kirby's Dream Course. Currently i'm halfway through course 4.
The idea is to make levels that are more characteristic than in the original, have a certain theme to them, or use the mechanics in a way that hasn't been done in the original. A HoleIn1 must be possible in every level and I want to put an emphasis on analyzing the level and the player being rewarded for it. There is also more focus on power usage and their special properties. As a result the levels are a bit more linear, and it is less required to get the exact shot and spin levels to get a HoleIn1. I think.
I'm still deciding on a name but it's most likely going to be Kirby's Wild Ride, or Kirby's first in line.

Here's the download link for the IPS patch: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=67722250918557383838

Let me know what you think in regards to fun, playability, fairness, bugs, etc. I know about the graphical glitches, those will most likely not be removed given the complexity of some levels.

----------------------------------
update history:
r12: First public version. Playable at least up to course 3, hole 2