News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: My Captain Rainbow Translation Project for Wii  (Read 12976 times)

MarkAss

• View Profile
Re: My Captain Rainbow Translation Project for Wii
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2017, 01:39:59 pm »
In Wii_Patch.zip no have files in "patch" folder. In crpatch.rar this folder have files and patch works well.

If you read that page on the alternate website, it is not a Captain Rainbow patch in the zip file.

It is the builder I used for my project, in case anybody wanted to do their own Wii project, and need an idea on how to distribute it.

Sorry for the confusion.

Valkyrie

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2017, 11:44:08 am »
Glad to dedicate my first post here in ROMHacking for this thread.

Anyway, my happiest thanks for everyone for making this english translation becoming close to reality and to completion to boot, to both Kirameki and Markass among others that kept reviving the project and move on forward with it. I remember being a massive fan of this game around 6 or more years back, and was quite excited to hear a fan translation was being developed for it.

Though lots have changed since and I lost interest on this project actually, I'm genuinely surprised it has been given so much support towards completion so far! I'm sure many people, including some famous Nintendo-Youtubers TheBitBlock would appreciate it. I even went to message Josh of BitBlock about this project, and hope he gets to hear about it - perhaps even showcase it incase you get the patch finished?

In anycase, my biggest wishes for luck towards this project's completion soon!

MarkAss

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2017, 09:54:42 am »
That's great, I'm glad people still follow this project like I did.
We all took a little vacation this summer, so forgive me for not posting sooner.

I just heard that the missing translation is more than 50% done, I should get it back pretty soon.

I have also figured out how to change text in the Map and character bios in Main.dol.

In Wii and Gamecube, Main.dol is the main Executable file. The pointers are very difficult to figure out, but main.dol puts all its values into memory.

I have created a memory hack (kinda like gct file) and patched the .dol with it to create new memory address with english, and point origonal memory address in japanese to the new address.

You will not need cheat manager, it is hard coded into the ISO.

https://goo.gl/photos/CHaqYPE4dENPJmup7

===================================================================================================

Edit DOL tutorial.
https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=24810
« Last Edit: Today at 03:37:17 pm by MarkAss »