News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Super Mario Land 2 DX [Updated to v1.7]  (Read 93355 times)

swiftone

• View Profile
    • FeastofBeast
Re: Super Mario Land 2 DX [Updated to v1.5.1]
« Reply #420 on: April 25, 2018, 12:47:21 am »
Downloaded V1.12 and it works fine on my Everdrive GBA X5, but the latest V1.5 no longer plays on my X5.  After the gameboy splash screen I get a flash of white then crashes to black.  Both 1.12 and 1.5 play nice with openEmu.  Has anyone else had issues with 1.5 running on an X5? Thanks

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 25, 2018, 09:30:00 am »
Downloaded V1.12 and it works fine on my Everdrive GBA X5, but the latest V1.5 no longer plays on my X5.  After the gameboy splash screen I get a flash of white then crashes to black.  Both 1.12 and 1.5 play nice with openEmu.  Has anyone else had issues with 1.5 running on an X5? Thanks

He just updated to version 1.5.1. If you haven't upgraded to that version, I'd do so. It's probably fixed now.

swiftone

• View Profile
    • FeastofBeast
« Reply #422 on: April 25, 2018, 11:52:33 am »
He just updated to version 1.5.1. If you haven't upgraded to that version, I'd do so. It's probably fixed now.

Tried V1.5.1 and still getting the white screen crash on Everdrive GBA X5?? Once again V1.5.1 works fine on OpenEmu which leads me to believe its a compatibility bug. 
Just strange that V1.12 works fine on real hardware.
Has anyone else tested V1.5.1 on Everdrive GBA X5?   

Sephirous

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 25, 2018, 12:35:16 pm »
The game is incredible!

So much better on the eyes and the water looks good enough to swim in.

I have a suggestion, I noticed after defeating Wario that the Mario Castle doesn't have a colorized background. The Mountains and sky. Also the credit sprites are not colorized either.

Is this something that will be done in the future or is the project complete?
Hacking Nes Roms Is Like Making Sweet Passionate Love, Hacking Snes Roms Is Like Having Your Bitchy Mother In Law Scream At You.

bL4sT

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 25, 2018, 02:13:10 pm »
Just updated to v1.5.1 and it still doesn't work on the OhBoy emulator, but it does work on VBA just fine.

I know it's probably an emulator related issue, but the v1.12 worked just fine on OhBoy, as every other romhack I've tried worked just fine as well. Is there something that can be done so that this version will work on this emulator?

Best regards.

Bonkers!

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 25, 2018, 06:59:10 pm »
When played on emulators, the game still resets on finishing bonus stages. The reset also kills any saves you had.

lastdual

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 25, 2018, 07:53:31 pm »
Thanks for the quick update and fixes!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 09:35:12 pm by lastdual »

Eggplantus

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 25, 2018, 08:29:15 pm »
Changing to Luigi in File Select still doesn't work properly.

Mouse bonus game crashes if Super Mushroom or Super Carrot is won. (Fire Flower and 1-UP Mushroom are fine.)

Winning any powerup in the slot machine crashes the game. (1-Ups and Coins are fine.)

Emulator: VisualBoy Advance
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 10:40:07 pm by Eggplantus »

mushguy

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 25, 2018, 09:49:12 pm »
One more to add: While the first version is reported to work with the VC injectors for 3DS, the later versions, including 1.5.1 only give a white screen. Can this be fixed?

toruzz

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 26, 2018, 05:46:48 am »
Thank you again, guys.

I don't have access to a flashcard at this moment, so if you experience any problems with v1.5.1 in real hardware please let me know.

Changing to Luigi in File Select still doesn't work properly.

Mouse bonus game crashes if Super Mushroom or Super Carrot is won. (Fire Flower and 1-UP Mushroom are fine.)

Winning any powerup in the slot machine crashes the game. (1-Ups and Coins are fine.)

Emulator: VisualBoy Advance
Please try to replicate this issue with an accurate emulator like BGB or Gambatte. I won't consider it a bug if it's an emulator-specific issue.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 26, 2018, 01:42:28 pm »
I haven't run into any of the VBA reports with Sameboy (compare to Gambatte but IIRC it's even more accurate), but I'll keep trying.

askjdfhlkjhfvlvbuiyh

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 27, 2018, 01:14:22 am »
Just want to confirm that 1.5 and 1.5.1 doesn't work on my Everdrive X5, which uses Goomba for emulation. It worked fine on previous versions.

I also have the everdrive gb for my gbc and that works fine for all versions (1.0 - 1.5.1)

xadox

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 27, 2018, 07:03:18 am »
On RetroArch 1.7.2 with actual Gambatte the v1.5.1 shows only a white screen after Bios loading.
While not using the offical bios instead the game starts.

swiftone

• View Profile
    • FeastofBeast
« Reply #433 on: April 27, 2018, 11:12:12 am »
Just want to confirm that 1.5 and 1.5.1 doesn't work on my Everdrive X5, which uses Goomba for emulation. It worked fine on previous versions.

I also have the everdrive gb for my gbc and that works fine for all versions (1.0 - 1.5.1)

Ahh good to know its not just me.  Guess the goomba emulator is the issue.  Would be great to have a fix as I only threw down for the everdrive gba X5 to satisfy all my gameboy gaming on real hardware needs  :)

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 28, 2018, 03:47:32 pm »
@toruzz
I gave 1.5.1  a full playthrough.
The only issue I found is in the File Select Screen.
If you go from Mario -> Luigi and then try to go back to Mario, the game kicks you out to the Title Screen.

One other thing (though I'm not sure if it's emulator specific or RetroArch's fault) is that whenever I tried to savestate and load, the game would load whatever state Mario/Luigi were last in before loading the state. Like if Mario has been killed, the state would load Mario being killed, even if there are no enemes around.
Same for when you have powerups, if you had a Fire Flower on the savestate and you try to load the state with Mario being small, when the state loads, Mario will be tiny.

All tests were done on mGBA 0.6.3 core through RetroArch.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 29, 2018, 01:57:38 am »
@toruzz
I gave 1.5.1  a full playthrough.
The only issue I found is in the File Select Screen.
If you go from Mario -> Luigi and then try to go back to Mario, the game kicks you out to the Title Screen.
Can confirm.  Seems to happen on mGBA only.  I ran into this wondering if this game had SGB boarders.

On RetroArch 1.7.2 with actual Gambatte the v1.5.1 shows only a white screen after Bios loading.
While not using the offical bios instead the game starts.
I've been able to recreate this.  That's bizarre, considering how Gambatte uses the BIOS.

Seems to only happen in Gambatte; I have no problems with Sameboy when using the boot files on it.

toruzz

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 29, 2018, 05:32:25 pm »
Thank you for the reports guys, I'll update the readme file  :thumbsup:

But as those issues seem to be emulator-specific, I won't update the patch to make up for them.

tatundria

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 29, 2018, 07:48:43 pm »
Latest version v1.5.1 won't work with the emulator Gameyob 3ds or gb vc rom injection on 3ds. Any fix for this please?

karulg

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 29, 2018, 10:17:35 pm »
Tried the newest version on a chinese bootleg card. Didnt have any issues.

Tried the randomizer, but only on emulator for now. Looke fine, too-

swiftone

• View Profile
    • FeastofBeast
« Reply #439 on: April 30, 2018, 11:38:26 am »
Thank you for the reports guys, I'll update the readme file  :thumbsup:

But as those issues seem to be emulator-specific, I won't update the patch to make up for them.

A lot of us rely on Goomba emulator to be able to play this specifically on an Everdrive x5.  Technically emulation, but for compatibility ease on real hardware.  Considering it worked on the X5 with V1.12, it'd be most wonderful to revert whatever changes in future updates broke that compatibility. 

I get that updates for emulator support isn't a priority, but goomba compatibility would be directly supporting all of us that want to play this on our real gameboy hardware, but only have the gba everdrive.
Either way thanks for all the amazing effort!