News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Translations: Ghost Chaser Densei  (Read 2038 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Ghost Chaser Densei
« on: May 18, 2017, 06:59:42 am »

Update By: mrrichard999

Here is a announcement for the fully completed English release for Ghost Chaser Densei! If you are a fan of Final Fight, Rival Turf, or any of these type of games, this is one you should check out!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

rainponcho

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Ghost Chaser Densei
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 10:32:12 am »
For me, worth mentioning that 99.99999% of the script is intact - basically nothing had to get cut out due to visual space. :)

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 07:06:06 pm »
So it is a beat-em up?  Please be more specific...

rainponcho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 07:41:05 pm »
Standard side-scrolling beat 'em up game with 2P playability. Comes with story mode only. Mostly hand melee combat, with some special martial arts techniques. Multiple endings and difficulty.

edit:
There's already a "Ghost Chaser Densei (Intro Removement)" hack in the queue. lol. Whatever. :):)

Anyway if you like Streets of Rage or Final Fight, this game is at least worth a look imo.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 07:57:07 pm by rainponcho »

kaiisen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 02:09:31 am »
Nice game so far ^^ thank you for translating this!

The intro screen needs some polishment, though(removing that other language info).

Anyway, Banpresto titles interests me so much. I hope we'll see more translated.

Regards.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:14:57 am by kaiisen »

Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 02:48:25 pm »
This game rules! I never thought i'd see the day Ghost Chaser Densei (or Denjin Makai I) is finally translated.Thank you very much for this! Ah,there's a sequel for arcades called Guardians released in 1995 Japan only.Both games are a must for beat'em-up fans!

P.S.: Can you tell me if the patch works on all emulators or if there's any issues we must be aware of? There's not a single readme file in the rar file hosted here.

rainponcho

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 02:59:23 pm »
Thanks for all the feedback!

Ah,there's a sequel for arcades called Guardians released in 1995 Japan only.

Wow! Had zero idea. Thanks for this. :)

I tested it in geiger snes9x (old build) so I think it's safe to play in any emulator. I don't know of any issues other than kaiisen's info (thanks! - forwarded this to project head; find out how he wants to handle it). Many of MrRichard999's projects don't have readmes but he usually points out issues in the rhdn project description page.

Didn't think "many" people would be interested in this game. I didn't know of its existence until pretty recently when I got asked to help out with some really sticky script printing problems.

CrocMagnum

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 10:56:26 am »
This game rules! I never thought i'd see the day Ghost Chaser Densei (or Denjin Makai I) is finally translated.Thank you very much for this! Ah,there's a sequel for arcades called Guardians released in 1995 Japan only.Both games are a must for beat'em-up fans!

P.S.: Can you tell me if the patch works on all emulators or if there's any issues we must be aware of? There's not a single readme file in the rar file hosted here.

Thank you so much for translating this beatem'up, folks. Me too I warmly recommend the arcade sequel "Denjin Makai II" aka Guardians (1995), this was some of the best arcade beatem'up of the era, it had smooth controls and some of the most extensive movelist/roster I've ever seen.

I second Jones request for a readme. Not so much to clarify the patching procedure -which would be welcome too actually ^^ - but more to highlight the lovely contributors who took part in this project.

Again many thanks for the SNES translation. :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 11:10:31 am by CrocMagnum »
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)

rainponcho

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 12:10:07 pm »
MrRichard999 has been notified and I think working some more on it. He uses byuu bps beat format. Hopefully he'll consider adding a short readme.
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/893/

Game hints spoiler
Spoiler:
As a thanks, you should play 2P game as Makai / Iyo to get the slightly extended ending (1 minor extra scene). Although playing the 1P game as each character grants you more small insight into each of their backgrounds during cutscenes. Each difficulty mode gives you a slightly final different ending screen, mainly about in-game cheat code hints.

I think that's all I noticed.

butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 10:31:19 am »
dioes this translation work ok for any zsnes users here? i tried it on zsnes and i get gfx corruption on the top of the screen.

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 03:10:27 pm »
Try using SNES9x, it should work fine. Also working on fixing that Vietnamese pad instructions at the moment. Should have a follow up patch fixing that real soon.
:woot!: Seeking translators for some small project work!
8x8 Icons

Gamerhenky

• So Baaaaad! D:
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 10:19:31 am »
Shiryu's Nintendo Life News article about Ghost Chaser Densei translation patch: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/05/super_famicom_title_ghost_chaser_densei_translated_into_english

Unfortunately I didn't report anything for this translation, still need to take a break playing other games I guess. z_z
Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
(My RHDN Inbox almost full)

MethidMan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 07:53:37 pm »
The intro screen needs some polishment, though (removing that other language info).

This, please... It took me a while until I realized I'm supposed to press A to go straight to the game. I imagine most people are used to pressing the Start button to start the game, which is what I did and got stuck reading those other language screens before mashing buttons...and eventually going back to the first screen and repeating the process.