it's about time to inform you about the latest progress i made for Space Complex.
+++++ UPGRADES and ASSEMBLY CHANGES +++++
- rewrote parts of the Music Engine for that it does what I WANT IT TO, and not the sometimes really buggy Metroid Engine. Main reason is i have quite an amount of songs i wanna insert, and Metroid's Engine is not really well opted for that. Another thing is the "Item Room Music" - Procudure often produced buggs in the music or rather behaviour i don't want.
- tweaked Underwater Physics to my liking, they are a bit less restrictive as in Rogue Dawn. So you are a little faster in general and can jump a little further
- optimized the Space Jump, it's now fully working on land and underwater.
- worked out and implemented Gravity Suit. That was the most work. Days. Many Days.
--- STATS OF GRAVITY SUIT ---
Depending on the Upgrades you have found, the Jump Height underwater is different.
The Jump Height is calculated as follows, in order of Jump Height:
- None of the both upgrades
- Hi Jump only
- Gravity Suit only
- Gravity Suit + Hi Jump
Reason is i want the player to really 'feel' each upgrade.
Other thing that Gravity Suit offers is additional damage reduction.
That is calculated as follows:
- VARIA SUIT or GRAVITY SUIT only: 50% reduction
- BOTH SUITS: 75% reduction
... + many many other detail tweaks.
Learned and applied quite some assembly in the process, which was a pain in the a-- sometimes to figure out and get right, but here we are now.
+++++ BACKGROUND MUSIC +++++
Crafted the background music for the Temple Area.
You can find it here:https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/519241262029602826/721152718940536832/10_-_Temple_Theme.mp3
+++++ GRAPHICS, TILESETS and ANIMATIONS +++++
i am working on a Lavafall for the Volcano Area. WIP:
Worked out the tileset, background animation and the whole graphics for Marine Area.
+++++ GAME PROJECT MANAGEMENT in general +++++
Last days i also put much thought into the direction the game is meant to go, where what upgrades are, which upgrade does what, and came up with the progress chart of the whole game world. Therefore i had a nice long day with a good friend of mine,also a retro game geek as me (so like all of us ey?). That was so important to get a feel for the whole game world, how progression is meant to build during gameplay, how the world is interconnected and so on. Also we put together some scenes of the game, like some enemy rooms, that you need to beat to get something, something like grey doors in Super Metroid. and more.
In general, there are many different possible routes throughout the game world, so that each playthrough differs. I also thought off speed runners in that regard.
I could post the chart we drew, but that would spoil too much most certainly.
But let me say, this helps so much in getting a picture of the product, and thus start designing nice and well put together levels.
So I'm feeling accomplished and look into a bright future of this game's development.