News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy IV - Ultima  (Read 19488 times)

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
    • 8-bit fan's Hacking Projects
Re: Final Fantasy IV - Ultima
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2019, 09:06:54 pm »
Hi there Rabite890, Special, and chillyfeez! :)
Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions! :D

Rabite890, like Special and chillyfeez said, to release a separate version or patch to strip out the story will be quite an undertaking ... not a particularly difficult one, but would take a lot of work to strip everything out. You can always fast-forward the story sections using emulators as suggested by Special. ;)

Regarding a separate patch for toggle to run, I myself actually prefer chillyfeez's 1st version of the toggle to run also. :) However, for the sake of the general audience, the hold Y to run is much more accessible as I've had many people reached out to me before about a run function(because the toggle L while standing still to run was somewhat hard to figure out if you don't read the readme or the in-game training room). So with all that said, releasing 2 separate patches in the future for both versions of the run function wouldn't be out of the question! ;) We'll see...

Cheers everyone!! :beer: :thumbsup:

8-bit fan
In the year of 200X, a super robot named Mega Man...
http://www.8bitfan.info/

Deadwafflez

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2019, 10:41:59 am »
I played through this at the end of last year and loved it. I saw the new update and I'm playing through again. I've noticed a few things and wanted to let you know.

I think some of the texts repeats on Ordeals when you meet Tellah. When Cid tells you how to drive slowly he still says L instead of Y. The last thing is the inn in Agart is glitched. You go in and spawn inside a wall.

I'm about to go underground if I see anything else I'll let you know. Great work on this mod!

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2019, 11:26:04 pm »
I played through this at the end of last year and loved it. I saw the new update and I'm playing through again. I've noticed a few things and wanted to let you know.

I think some of the texts repeats on Ordeals when you meet Tellah. When Cid tells you how to drive slowly he still says L instead of Y. The last thing is the inn in Agart is glitched. You go in and spawn inside a wall.

I'm about to go underground if I see anything else I'll let you know. Great work on this mod!
Hi Deadwafflez!
Thanks for the kind words and very glad you enjoyed the hack!! :)

From the issues you listed, the first thing that comes to mind is that you probably patched the rom ips file with the wrong version of the rom. Anytime a warp goes to a glitched area or texts going haywire are an indicator of that. Please let me know if you need me to send you a good working version of the game.

Feel free to reach out anytime!

Cheers!! :thumbsup: :beer:

8-bit fan

Deadwafflez

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2019, 05:37:18 am »
I'm not sure what I did wrong then. I thought I did it the same as last time.

I just got to the final dungeon and Ultima is on the first floor in the wall right after the Spirit boss fight.

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2019, 06:06:00 pm »
I'm not sure what I did wrong then. I thought I did it the same as last time.

I just got to the final dungeon and Ultima is on the first floor in the wall right after the Spirit boss fight.
That definitely sounds like its an issue with patching...
Please check your PM. I've sent you a link.

Cheers!

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2019, 03:05:02 pm »
FF4 Ultima version 3.0 is out!! :D

Feel free to check it out and let me know if you have any questions of comments!
Hope you all enjoy the update! :)

Cheers!! :beer: :thumbsup:
8-bit fan