News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Arcturus - The Curse and Loss of Divinity  (Read 30863 times)

LunaireticOmega

• View Profile
Re: Arcturus - The Curse and Loss of Divinity
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2018, 01:33:17 pm »
1)
Spoiler:
Yeah, the whole Lachrymosa closed mine stuff is entirely a side quest. You could finish the game without ever going in it, as there are no Dallants to be found there, only death and misery (and items and XP!)

If it can help you all, I'll make a quick guide of the places you need to go to in the 1st chapter and in what order:
Spoiler:
Martuinie
Pergamos
Valkenswaard
Tynie
Saardis
Philadelphia
Answers
Dome
Martuinie
Nebuchadnezzar

Thank you very much. As much as I'm not a fan of having too much of an obvious general direction, I also enjoy having even the slightest clue where to go next. Now I'm really over-leveled for the current content, haha!

Edit: Upon returning to Dome after the events of Sardis and
Spoiler:
Elluard chasing the thief
I'm hit with a bunch of errors that go on and on and I'm not sure if they stop, because I have no option of windowed mode. It's bringing up a bunch of actor errors, like they're not properly loading in and performing their actions.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 10:16:17 pm by LunaireticOmega »

Helly_

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2018, 12:27:15 pm »
Yeah, the actor errors are not game breaking erros, you can bypass them after enough clicking but they're a pain indeed...
Can you tell me whenever they occur so that I can one day patch them? Thanks

LunaireticOmega

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2018, 10:13:16 pm »
Yeah, the actor errors are not game breaking erros, you can bypass them after enough clicking but they're a pain indeed...
Can you tell me whenever they occur so that I can one day patch them? Thanks

For now, I've experienced them at Dome after Sardis, and
Spoiler:
young Tenzi's escape from the empire with Tristan
had a few of them too.

Also:
Spoiler:
The scene with young Tenzi and Violet on the hill overlooking the sea was completely untranslated

Edit:
Spoiler:
Peach's name in the menu on the top right is still Carrot, although it's correct on the party order to the left
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 11:48:00 pm by LunaireticOmega »

Helly_

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2018, 05:13:48 am »
For now, I've experienced them at Dome after Sardis, and
Spoiler:
young Tenzi's escape from the empire with Tristan
had a few of them too.
That's...more than I expected.
@peco, if you're still around, is it a bug you're aware of? I know it happens because of the decryption tool i'm using, but I don't have any other working solution but hex editing directly (which means not being able to change the text's size without breaking everything).

I'll take care of the two other bugs, well, if I can find the exact scene! Thanks a lot, bro.

peco

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2018, 05:41:24 pm »
Hmm... I'm still on the prologue. Haven't seen any errors yet. 8) I assume you're talking about the RSA files though? I haven't tried the tool you mentioned you were using, so don't really know anything about that. You can try a different approach though. String injection via .kr/.jp files also work for RSA (e.g. opening0.rsa will look for opening0.kr/opening0.jp), so you can translate the RSA files the same way you do the SCR files. All you need is a way to generate the .kr files first, which you can do with this little program: https://pastebin.com/kavdMdfr Afterwards you can take a copy of the .kr file, rename to .jp and put in your translations.

LunaireticOmega

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2018, 08:04:53 pm »
I'm having a bit of a progression problem again.
Spoiler:
I've completed the mansion and got the third Dallant (how the hell did that guy survive completely intact? Maria cleaved his ass in half with a battle axe). I'm back at Dome, and I don't know where to go. I tried going beyond Merhem, but the events earlier in Dome prevent me from proceeding, and Sonya's not there after she rejects Plum's love. I tried talking to everyone everywhere, but no dice. That suspicious trader on the bridge didn't lead to an event if I sleep at the inn. I did the divination side-plot which didn't lead to anything either, and I doubt there's more to do in Pergamos.

Edit: Well, nevermind, I have no idea what I did, but I can pass through now.
Spoiler:
Was it the magazine publisher that I missed? I went with the "girl" choice. Talk about shota bait. :3

Edit 2: The game crashes when the party
Spoiler:
meets with Carrot and Peach again in Martuinie inside the inn. Elluard finishes talking about Pal and turns to Maria, but nothing appears in the text box, and that's when it stops working.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 08:59:07 pm by LunaireticOmega »

Helly_

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2018, 04:33:13 am »
Hmm... I'm still on the prologue. Haven't seen any errors yet. 8) I assume you're talking about the RSA files though? I haven't tried the tool you mentioned you were using, so don't really know anything about that. You can try a different approach though. String injection via .kr/.jp files also work for RSA (e.g. opening0.rsa will look for opening0.kr/opening0.jp), so you can translate the RSA files the same way you do the SCR files. All you need is a way to generate the .kr files first, which you can do with this little program: https://pastebin.com/kavdMdfr Afterwards you can take a copy of the .kr file, rename to .jp and put in your translations.

Sounds great! I'll give it a try tonight, thanks bro.

I'm having a bit of a progression problem again.
Spoiler:
I've completed the mansion and got the third Dallant (how the hell did that guy survive completely intact? Maria cleaved his ass in half with a battle axe). I'm back at Dome, and I don't know where to go. I tried going beyond Merhem, but the events earlier in Dome prevent me from proceeding, and Sonya's not there after she rejects Plum's love. I tried talking to everyone everywhere, but no dice. That suspicious trader on the bridge didn't lead to an event if I sleep at the inn. I did the divination side-plot which didn't lead to anything either, and I doubt there's more to do in Pergamos.

Edit: Well, nevermind, I have no idea what I did, but I can pass through now.
Spoiler:
Was it the magazine publisher that I missed? I went with the "girl" choice. Talk about shota bait. :3

Edit 2: The game crashes when the party
Spoiler:
meets with Carrot and Peach again in Martuinie inside the inn. Elluard finishes talking about Pal and turns to Maria, but nothing appears in the text box, and that's when it stops working.
Ok I'll have a look at it! Do you have a save for me so that I can test it out live?

LunaireticOmega

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2018, 10:50:24 am »
Ok I'll have a look at it! Do you have a save for me so that I can test it out live?

Not sure if I have the ability to attach files yet, so I uploaded it to MediaFire:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pv9nnvxb94bfzke/save.rar

I'm going to try unpatching and seeing if that lets me proceed, then repatching after the cutscene ends.

The save is in Merhem, so you'll have to run to Martuinie and Fire Storm everyone.

Edit: There's some errors in Astennu during the cutscenes when
Spoiler:
Elluard shanks the shit out of the old man, as well as after defeating Cusco. What's the strategy for that fight supposed to be aside from running up to her and using Occipital Burst over and over? It's probably the best tactic for high BP/low HP enemies, and even better with the whip that poisons on hit
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 11:09:06 pm by LunaireticOmega »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2018, 08:07:08 pm »
Not sure if I have the ability to attach files yet,
File attachments are disabled for everyone. Too much space required to give everyone a fair amount, so nobody gets any.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Helly_

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2018, 08:41:58 am »
Not sure if I have the ability to attach files yet, so I uploaded it to MediaFire:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pv9nnvxb94bfzke/save.rar

I'm going to try unpatching and seeing if that lets me proceed, then repatching after the cutscene ends.

The save is in Merhem, so you'll have to run to Martuinie and Fire Storm everyone.

Edit: There's some errors in Astennu during the cutscenes when
Spoiler:
Elluard shanks the shit out of the old man, as well as after defeating Cusco. What's the strategy for that fight supposed to be aside from running up to her and using Occipital Burst over and over? It's probably the best tactic for high BP/low HP enemies, and even better with the whip that poisons on hit

Great, thanks! When you say errors, you mean the Actor error stuff that forces you to click OK to continue, right?
Anyway, here's a new version of the patch that should still be compatible with all your saves. The game shouldn't crash anymore in Martuinie, and it also includes some proof-reading stuff and the correct menu name for Peach and Carrot.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/86l1ea75w6u5h7f/Arcturus%2006012018.rar
It also seems like the 'Scraps' part of the menu isn't displayed correctly. I'll have a look at it.

LunaireticOmega

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2018, 01:24:47 pm »
Great, thanks! When you say errors, you mean the Actor error stuff that forces you to click OK to continue, right?
Anyway, here's a new version of the patch that should still be compatible with all your saves. The game shouldn't crash anymore in Martuinie, and it also includes some proof-reading stuff and the correct menu name for Peach and Carrot.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/86l1ea75w6u5h7f/Arcturus%2006012018.rar
It also seems like the 'Scraps' part of the menu isn't displayed correctly. I'll have a look at it.

Thank you. I can proceed normally and watch the scene I missed. :)

That's right, when I mention errors, I'm referring to the actor errors that include stuff like "macro", "warp", and all that. I'll continue to let you know when and where I find more. ^^

ArcturusFan

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2018, 12:10:56 pm »
Thanks for the updated patch Helly!

I have a question for you regarding the Golden Temple: after you complete the first puzzle (the V9 one with the switches) and unlock the secret room in the forest with the treasures, there's some kind of light sphere with a force field that doesn't let me proceed further, and an inscription with some gibberish and "mz 412 04 27". What exactly is required to proceed? Even Sizz was confused :laugh:

I would leave the issue for later, but it seems you can't return to the Golden Temple once you leave. The Golden item set found in the secret room is also kinda underwhelming, which makes me think there's more to those ruins.

I have also noticed the books (or at least some of them) seems to be translated on the site you linked, even with Google Translate the book about Emperor Pal mostly made sense.

Helly_

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2018, 01:03:48 pm »
Thanks for the updated patch Helly!

I have a question for you regarding the Golden Temple: after you complete the first puzzle (the V9 one with the switches) and unlock the secret room in the forest with the treasures, there's some kind of light sphere with a force field that doesn't let me proceed further, and an inscription with some gibberish and "mz 412 04 27". What exactly is required to proceed? Even Sizz was confused :laugh:

I would leave the issue for later, but it seems you can't return to the Golden Temple once you leave. The Golden item set found in the secret room is also kinda underwhelming, which makes me think there's more to those ruins.

I have also noticed the books (or at least some of them) seems to be translated on the site you linked, even with Google Translate the book about Emperor Pal mostly made sense.

Yeah, I have no idea either!
Maybe this map might help you:
http://www.ito.cside.com/jk/game/arc/sub/gold.html

ArcturusFan

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2018, 04:56:35 pm »
Yeah, I have no idea either!
Maybe this map might help you:
http://www.ito.cside.com/jk/game/arc/sub/gold.html
Thanks! Unfortunately both walkthroughs don't seem to have any info regarding the endgame of that dungeon, the map on the other site has a big ? in the area hidden by the forcefield and the one you linked doesn't seem to have any clue regarding the second puzzle (in case I'm missing something, it's the room further down, the one with the circle in the middle).

It would be great if we were able to look at the game's flags to solve this riddle that apparently even Japanese players didn't manage to unravel, or at least look at the dialogues set in the Golden Temple to see if there's any conversation after the very first one when they discuss how it isn't actually made of gold  :)

Helly_

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2018, 05:35:21 pm »
Thanks! Unfortunately both walkthroughs don't seem to have any info regarding the endgame of that dungeon, the map on the other site has a big ? in the area hidden by the forcefield and the one you linked doesn't seem to have any clue regarding the second puzzle (in case I'm missing something, it's the room further down, the one with the circle in the middle).

It would be great if we were able to look at the game's flags to solve this riddle that apparently even Japanese players didn't manage to unravel, or at least look at the dialogues set in the Golden Temple to see if there's any conversation after the very first one when they discuss how it isn't actually made of gold  :)

Ah, yes, I thought I remembered something about the Golden temple. Well, there is indeed one hidden room with goodies inside. You have to use the level to get to +9 or something, and then you get the goodies, but that's the whole dungeon. It was supposed to be a full fledged one, but they scrapped their original plans and only made it 2 levels long.
Also, it's one of the rare places where you can meet a very secret character...

ArcturusFan

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2018, 06:36:47 pm »
Ah, yes, I thought I remembered something about the Golden temple. Well, there is indeed one hidden room with goodies inside. You have to use the level to get to +9 or something, and then you get the goodies, but that's the whole dungeon. It was supposed to be a full fledged one, but they scrapped their original plans and only made it 2 levels long.
Also, it's one of the rare places where you can meet a very secret character...
Which character? Please enlighten me, I can't return to that dungeon so I would like to see everything before leaving, I've been there since one or two days ago just because I feared missing something and I gained so many levels I didn't want to lose them after the progress I already scrapped in the mines :laugh:

As for the puzzles, the one you mentioned is the one that opens the secret room, but once you're inside there's that forcefield and the glowing sphere with the puzzling inscription, which seems to hint at another puzzle to progress further. Is the dungeon actually over and is that "mz 412 04 27" clue completely useless?

LunaireticOmega

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2018, 03:54:31 am »
Got another text crash right after
Spoiler:
defeating Empeneza and unlocking Celine's memories. The crash happens right after the truth behind everything is revealed, and the scene returns to the present with the party. I think it's when Celine responds to her father after he laments his actions as a parent. Man, that cutscene was loooooong...

I've included the save file. You'll have to run halfway to the party's camp, then run back to Philadelphia, and then
Spoiler:
have Elluard use Occipital Blast over and over on Empeneza while others chuck items to refill his gauges.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bscq60ndb12daai/save2.rar
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 04:19:29 am by LunaireticOmega »

Helly_

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2018, 05:35:11 am »
Got another text crash right after
Spoiler:
defeating Empeneza and unlocking Celine's memories. The crash happens right after the truth behind everything is revealed, and the scene returns to the present with the party. I think it's when Celine responds to her father after he laments his actions as a parent. Man, that cutscene was loooooong...

I've included the save file. You'll have to run halfway to the party's camp, then run back to Philadelphia, and then
Spoiler:
have Elluard use Occipital Blast over and over on Empeneza while others chuck items to refill his gauges.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bscq60ndb12daai/save2.rar
Thanks, bug found.
I'll upload a patch tonight.
Edit: I couldn't try your save, it needs the index file to work :)
Still, this should do the trick:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/n0ag6zj6rznj8ja/Arcturus%2008012018.7z
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 01:53:42 pm by Helly_ »

LunaireticOmega

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2018, 03:18:08 pm »
Thanks, bug found.
I'll upload a patch tonight.
Edit: I couldn't try your save, it needs the index file to work :)
Still, this should do the trick:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/n0ag6zj6rznj8ja/Arcturus%2008012018.7z

Crap, I forgot the index file, sorry about that!

Thank you for the patch, but I was playing ahead a bit after unpatching past the text error and repatching after I found a save point. Right before you made the post edit, I found out that the game crashes upon transition to Constellarium after all hell breaks loose (almost literally), with an "unknown map name" error.

I'll include an actual complete save this time, hehe.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/k8bzti0syg1d68k/save3.rar

Edit: Playing through that scene again, the crash is still present, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 04:40:14 pm by LunaireticOmega »

Helly_

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2018, 05:36:45 pm »
Which character? Please enlighten me, I can't return to that dungeon so I would like to see everything before leaving, I've been there since one or two days ago just because I feared missing something and I gained so many levels I didn't want to lose them after the progress I already scrapped in the mines :laugh:

As for the puzzles, the one you mentioned is the one that opens the secret room, but once you're inside there's that forcefield and the glowing sphere with the puzzling inscription, which seems to hint at another puzzle to progress further. Is the dungeon actually over and is that "mz 412 04 27" clue completely useless?

Spoiler:
If you really want to know, it's a cameo by the game director himself ;)
I don't really know how you're supposed to find him, but he's there for sure!

Crap, I forgot the index file, sorry about that!

Thank you for the patch, but I was playing ahead a bit after unpatching past the text error and repatching after I found a save point. Right before you made the post edit, I found out that the game crashes upon transition to Constellarium after all hell breaks loose (almost literally), with an "unknown map name" error.

I'll include an actual complete save this time, hehe.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/k8bzti0syg1d68k/save3.rar

Edit: Playing through that scene again, the crash is still present, unfortunately.

So the save before last is actually the one that has a text error and the last save has that unknown map name error, right?
I only have access to the last save, so I do have that crash indeed, but it seems like it happens whether or not the game is patched... Hummm...
Ah... It's the actual patched .exe that crashes the game...
Let's see...
Further remarks about the ArcExe file. The devs' exceptions for ingame errors include a 'fucking Error' and a 'Damn it Error'...
Ok, got it. And patch uploaded!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/24i3ivd558fn772/Arcturus%2010012018.rar
I didn't expect you to have gone this far already! I hope you're enjoying the game :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 06:20:26 pm by Helly_ »