News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Golden Axe Warrior  (Read 920 times)

Wintermute

• View Profile
Golden Axe Warrior
« on: April 24, 2017, 11:12:34 am »
I was wondering if anybody was considering bug fixing Golden Axe Warrior? I think it is an excellent game but I feel it's marred by ill defined collision detection. If the pixels from either your character and the enemy make the barest contact, damage ensues. It just ups the difficulty of the game to a frustrating degree. Were it more in line with how collision detection is handled in something like 'Link to the Past', where you can walk past enemies and avoid them with yours and their respective sprites overlapping one another as each walks along different paths but not causing damage, it'd make for a more enjoyable experience. It's like the game was rushed and not playtested long enough to make it fun.

All in all, I feel the game isn't at its full potential but it could be made into an all time classic. Does anybody else find other issues with the game?

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
Re: Golden Axe Warrior
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 01:23:53 pm »
I was wondering if anybody was considering bug fixing Golden Axe Warrior? I think it is an excellent game but I feel it's marred by ill defined collision detection. If the pixels from either your character and the enemy make the barest contact, damage ensues. It just ups the difficulty of the game to a frustrating degree. Were it more in line with how collision detection is handled in something like 'Link to the Past', where you can walk past enemies and avoid them with yours and their respective sprites overlapping one another as each walks along different paths but not causing damage, it'd make for a more enjoyable experience. It's like the game was rushed and not playtested long enough to make it fun.

All in all, I feel the game isn't at its full potential but it could be made into an all time classic. Does anybody else find other issues with the game?
GAW is easily my fav SMS game. But I never had the problem you describe. The hit boxes, to me, seem on par with what they should be. Not likely to see a patch for that, especially considering the game's tendency to be very generous with healing items.